E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Coded some extra menu options.

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: M3 ZCP EX:2005 BMW 535D Sport, Estate, Steptronic, Carbon Black, Black Dakota leather, Head up Display, Profi Satnav, Bluetooth - only MULF module, Bi-xenon adaptive headlights, Sportseats, Cruise control, Active steeringMods: 19
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by jashy247
Coding.
Thanks, it helps
Old 12-21-2010, 09:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by Ehssan
I'm interested ,, I will PM you for that

Edit : How do you send PM's on this forum , or it's locked because I'm still newbie ??
It`s locked until you raise your post count above 5.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:23 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Many BMW's

Originally Posted by Ehssan
Sounds amazing guys ,, I have 07 ( 09/06 built ) M5 ... I love to learn these things if anyone can direct me to the site where I can buy the interface / software which you guys are using , at least I can dig more to understand how to code and recode .. Thank you
I apologize guys for my previous questions , after spending 3 days reading /searching , I understand why non of you guys have replied to my question , simply because it's a very long story to tell ..

I understand NCS expert now , and I'm waiting the cable to arrive ( a lot of delay because of the Christmas holiday ) but it's OK ..

but it's a great tool to have , all of nice tweaks here and there ,..,,, I'm interested in the lighting parts , I want to have welcome options as well as the autolight options too ..

but good job guys ,, will share some info's once I have mine up and running ..
Old 12-30-2010, 05:52 PM
eh3
Members

Ok so I'm new here.. Just bought a 2008 528i last night very happy with it... but how do you get these extra options?!
Old 12-30-2010, 06:03 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530xi Auto sport package

I'm in NY and just got 2007 530xi. With nav and adaptive headlights. What else could I activate?
Old 01-13-2011, 05:17 AM
Members

I have 2005 March Build 530d.

What can I have coded onto my car BlooD?
Old 01-14-2011, 10:49 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2012 535i M-Sport

As someone new to coding, and having had a lot of the same questions some of you are asking - I HIGHLY recommend doing some googling for the terms EDIABAS / NCSExpert. To do the coding you will need that software which you can get on the internet if you search enough. You will also need an interface cable the supports EDIABAS/K+DCAN - you can do this on a budget so you dont have to interface directly into the MOST interface. eBay sells these cables but from what I have read some of them have to be modified (PIN 8 removed, etc.). I got mine from a site called www.bmwretrofit.com and it works perfect. Costs approx. 110USD and comes from Canada - really good guys to work with FYI. \

As far as computer hardware goes, I though for some stupid reason I would need an IBM T30 to get all this done...I was wrong...$300 wasted (but its clean at least, haha).

You need a 32 bit Windows operating system and you NEED to change some of the environmental variables to install EDIABAS without errors. Google NCSExpert installation to see the details, it's super easy.

I do all my coding using XP home on parallels on my macbook pro - just make sure to first plug in your interface while connected to the internet and let windows search for the drivers. It will most likely install standard usb/serial drivers and you are good to go.

ALWAYS back up the file you are about to modify. When I first coded I managed to kill my headlights and made it so the tails did really odd stuff, but reloading my backup file fixed all of that and I eventually learned what I did wrong.

Word of warning - the files in your car are in an odd German/English hybrid that can be very hard to understand. I speak basic German and I get confused - so keep google translate or something similar handy.

I am posting all of this as complete beginner at coding, nothing here is meant to correct, replace or contradict what anyone else has said - only my experiences, but if I had a post like this to read when I first started, it would have saved me hours of research. a few profanities and a bit of adrenalin.

I successfully coded a navigation CCC retrofit in my 07 550i - a functioning LCI head/tail light retrofit (minus auto-leveling lights, still trying to work that out) but I have welcome lights and cornering lights...

If anyone could help me with the auto-leveling lights I would be very grateful. Thanks!!

PS - sorry if any of this sounded incomprehensible - I am doing this 9 day 'cleanse' and it's got my head all loopy.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:07 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 530d, AC front lip, AC rear boot spoiler, AC rear roof spoiler, M6 alloy wheels.

Originally Posted by Sublime
As someone new to coding, and having had a lot of the same questions some of you are asking - I HIGHLY recommend doing some googling for the terms EDIABAS / NCSExpert. To do the coding you will need that software which you can get on the internet if you search enough. You will also need an interface cable the supports EDIABAS/K+DCAN - you can do this on a budget so you dont have to interface directly into the MOST interface. eBay sells these cables but from what I have read some of them have to be modified (PIN 8 removed, etc.). I got mine from a site called www.bmwretrofit.com and it works perfect. Costs approx. 110USD and comes from Canada - really good guys to work with FYI. \

As far as computer hardware goes, I though for some stupid reason I would need an IBM T30 to get all this done...I was wrong...$300 wasted (but its clean at least, haha).

You need a 32 bit Windows operating system and you NEED to change some of the environmental variables to install EDIABAS without errors. Google NCSExpert installation to see the details, it's super easy.

I do all my coding using XP home on parallels on my macbook pro - just make sure to first plug in your interface while connected to the internet and let windows search for the drivers. It will most likely install standard usb/serial drivers and you are good to go.

ALWAYS back up the file you are about to modify. When I first coded I managed to kill my headlights and made it so the tails did really odd stuff, but reloading my backup file fixed all of that and I eventually learned what I did wrong.

Word of warning - the files in your car are in an odd German/English hybrid that can be very hard to understand. I speak basic German and I get confused - so keep google translate or something similar handy.

I am posting all of this as complete beginner at coding, nothing here is meant to correct, replace or contradict what anyone else has said - only my experiences, but if I had a post like this to read when I first started, it would have saved me hours of research. a few profanities and a bit of adrenalin.

I successfully coded a navigation CCC retrofit in my 07 550i - a functioning LCI head/tail light retrofit (minus auto-leveling lights, still trying to work that out) but I have welcome lights and cornering lights...

If anyone could help me with the auto-leveling lights I would be very grateful. Thanks!!

PS - sorry if any of this sounded incomprehensible - I am doing this 9 day 'cleanse' and it's got my head all loopy.

Thanks dude, that is helpfull and prob saved me a load of time
Old 01-14-2011, 11:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by delwarulislam
I have 2005 March Build 530d.

What can I have coded onto my car BlooD?
Wrong build date dood sorry, you have visibility pack as well DOH!, the LCM2 (light module) was introduced oct/2006, you can have corner lights and welcome lights.

If you have a valid BMW assist account you may be able to have BMW online.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:47 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Many BMW's

Originally Posted by BLooD
Wrong build date dood sorry, you have visibility pack as well DOH!, the LCM2 (light module) was introduced oct/2006, you can have corner lights and welcome lights.

If you have a valid BMW assist account you may be able to have BMW online.
BlooD : so if my car is 09/2006 means I can't have welcome lights ?

Quick Reply: Coded some extra menu options.