E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

clear bra

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 05:06 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

I am getting my car hopefully in 3 weeks - so my question is who puts on a cler bra? The accessory items catalog the dealer gave me shows a protective covering - is this the same thing? Is it better or worse - and what is supaguard?
Old 11-13-2005, 07:41 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Check out this thread: http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...=0&#entry197907
Old 11-14-2005, 02:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

Which one does BMW in the US sell? Would you have the dealer do it?
Old 11-14-2005, 03:50 AM
JDN
Contributors

This is not DIY for most of us. A professional installer is the best choice, IMO.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by dgjk' post='197997' date='Nov 14 2005, 06:57 AM
I'd trust my dealer to do it. Just be sure the price is right. I think the clear bra is a good idea especially if your car is not leased, you intend to keep it a long time, and you drive on freeways and other roads where you are likely to get hit with small rocks.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by dgjk' post='197997' date='Nov 14 2005, 03:57 AM
I believe the dealer buys the film made by 3M... which brand cut I'm not sure.

And usually the dealer doesnt have anyone there to install it. They subcontract it out to a local installer... Depending how greedy your dealer is if you can locate that contractor directly its probably cheaper.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='198045

And usually the dealer doesnt have anyone there to install it. They subcontract it out to a local installer... Depending how greedy your dealer is if you can locate that contractor directly its probably cheaper.
[/quote]I think you are right about 3M. And, yes, my dealer subs things like bras out. The good news is that everything is done on-site. I like to have my dealer involved. They are not at all reluctant to have the subs do things over--e.g., much of my tint. Also, the auto mall where my dealer is located is so large that some of the subs, etc., have on-site locations--e.g., Danny's Family Car Wash and Avis.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by donv' post='198057
Originally Posted by dgjk' post='197997' date='Nov 14 2005, 03:57 AM

I think you are right about 3M. And, yes, my dealer subs things like bras out. The good news is that everything is done on-site. I like to have my dealer involved. They are not at all reluctant to have the subs do things over--e.g., much of my tint. Also, the auto mall where my dealer is located is so large that some of the subs, etc., have on-site locations--e.g., Danny's Family Car Wash and Avis.
[/quote]

Well I don't know if subcontracting is a good idea, last time I got my tints done in Canada and I was pull over by the cops saying the tints is too dark and got a ticket for it. I went to the dealer and say why did you tint it so dark, they shrug their shoulders and say we took it to another place didn't the salesman told you. So irresponsible

So the mall have a Danny's, a Family Car Wash and an Avis on one site that's good. Usually nothing to eat around the dealers.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:41 AM
Contributors

After everyone's great input I am going to have the dealer do it. I decided to buy my car instead of lease. The price is about $320 for bumper, hood, and lights (fogs included). The price is in the dealer accessory book made by BMW. They gave me the book when I ordered my car. Do all BMW dealers have this same book?
Old 11-14-2005, 09:46 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='198066
Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='198045' date='Nov 14 2005, 10:18 AM
[quote name='dgjk' post='197997' date='Nov 14 2005, 03:57 AM']

I think you are right about 3M. And, yes, my dealer subs things like bras out. The good news is that everything is done on-site. I like to have my dealer involved. They are not at all reluctant to have the subs do things over--e.g., much of my tint. Also, the auto mall where my dealer is located is so large that some of the subs, etc., have on-site locations--e.g., Danny's Family Car Wash and Avis.
[/quote]

Well I don't know if subcontracting is a good idea, last time I got my tints done in Canada and I was pull over by the cops saying the tints is too dark and got a ticket for it. I went to the dealer and say why did you tint it so dark, they shrug their shoulders and say we took it to another place didn't the salesman told you. So irresponsible

Well, you need to specify what you want up front.

So the mall have a Danny's, a Family Car Wash and an Avis on one site that's good. Usually nothing to eat around the dealers.

My dealer is in a very upscale auto mall. It has and auto museum with a cafe.
[/quote]

Quick Reply: clear bra