E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Cic controller help

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 12:43 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cic controller help

Hi I've a quick question I've found a cic controller online but it says
It's for e70/71 . I'm wondering will it do my car an 06 e60 ? I know it'll have to be coded for the extra functions but will it do , thanks in advance
I think the part no. Is 9235245

Last edited by Ericsbro; 05-13-2013 at 12:46 AM.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:09 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Yes it will, I have the same one in mine.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:51 AM
New Members

Thanks for the reply tony much appreciated
Old 05-14-2013, 02:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Programming took about 30 minutes and I remember Speediguns telling me his took about 5 minutes and he thought something didn't take. So there appears to be difference in the time it actually takes. Are you planning to order a new console cover trim, or will you modify yours? If you modify, I would strongly suggest that you find an old trim or a way to do a practice cut and make a good template. The contour of the cut is quite tricky and is not very forgiving.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:03 AM
Members

does this work for the pre lci ccc prof nav with some coding, because i tought this would only work in the lci ccc pro type or the cic.
will the shortcut buttons also work correctly?
Old 05-14-2013, 09:59 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by raphaell
does this work for the pre lci ccc prof nav with some coding, because i tought this would only work in the lci ccc pro type or the cic.
will the shortcut buttons also work correctly?
I can confirm it works on pre lci ccc I have a 2004 03 build and yes shortcuts still work I do remember reading however that you need to have your car updated to at least some software where you get the grey menus on the screen I never knew they even had anything before that but apparently they did. also I've read some people have done this mod and the dealer has refused or failed to code it for them. it would be good if you learned how to code yourself or know some one who can code it for you. so its one of those things I think you just gotta try and if it doesn't work go back to using the old controller and sell your new one on eBay
Old 05-14-2013, 01:25 PM
New Members

Yes im going to trim my own console and ive my coding cable on the way aswell
as ive also got the aux mod from roskinc and thats waiting to be coded so hopefully all goes well
Old 05-15-2013, 04:12 PM
Members

thx spediegunz, will find the controller first. but is the part number for the controller the right one, because i have a europe car
or do i need a different cic controller part number for european cars.
ericsbro good luck with the controller project, does your new controller also have the light in it.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:01 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by raphaell
thx spediegunz, will find the controller first. but is the part number for the controller the right one, because i have a europe car
or do i need a different cic controller part number for european cars.
ericsbro good luck with the controller project, does your new controller also have the light in it.
The CIC controllers are lited. The only difference in US/EU is US says NAV on one of the shortcut button and EU says MAP. Either one will work.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:18 PM
Members

thx tony, i found a cic controller with the part number 65829205177
will this one also work.
or can i only use the controller with the part number (9235245) that you and ericsbro are using.
have been looking around but didnt have any luck finding the controller with that part number.

Quick Reply: Cic controller help