E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CIC / Combox Retrofit complete - www.bimmer-tech.net

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 06:51 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 08 550 M Sport Pkg
Default CIC / Combox Retrofit complete - www.bimmer-tech.net

For those on the fence or considering this, I cant say enough good things about www.bimmer-tech.net (Patryk and Men). I initially decided to go this route due to all of the positive feedback everyone had posted and wanted to avoid the issues that people experienced with the cheaper CIC / Combox retrofits. I started the install of both the CIC and Combox last night, and finished this am. Contacted Men this am and within 30 minutes, he had me download software and started coding. By this afternoon, he had everything coded. Ran into a couple issues, but that had to do with me not moving the Optic cable from the quadralock connector to the PNP harness. I am not the most patient person, but this entire project went a lot smoother than I could have asked for. Not only did Patryk answer every question I threw at him, he responded right away.

I will say that if I were to do it differently, the only thing I would change is going the OE route in stead of the PNP Activation Harness route. I don't think it will work any differently, but there is not a lot of room behind the CIC and took some more time situating the harness.

Thanks again to Patryk and Men from www.bimmer-tech.net for getting me taken care of in a short timeframe!!!
Old 02-02-2013, 09:55 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 530i N52
Model Year: 2006
Engine: n52

nice
in order to have ALL a-z it will be close to $4000....
only if they will offer some financial option like 6/12 month no interest
i will do it on the spot..if...they could do that..
maybe some day
please place some pictures...
Old 02-03-2013, 12:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

I might consider this. However, I don't want the combox or the newer iDrive controller, I like the fewer buttons on my dash now. I would just want the CIC, screen, and programming to integrate my current SAT radio, BT for telephone, Logic 7, RT Traffic info, and I already have USB/AUX.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:34 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 08 550 M Sport Pkg

Originally Posted by pjinca
I might consider this. However, I don't want the combox or the newer iDrive controller, I like the fewer buttons on my dash now. I would just want the CIC, screen, and programming to integrate my current SAT radio, BT for telephone, Logic 7, RT Traffic info, and I already have USB/AUX.
I am still using my old iDrive controller with no issues and still retained Logic 7, Traffic Info, and Satellite Radio.

If you just do the CIC, you will retain your MULF which handles your BT. You also add a second USB port for uploading music to the CIC.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by cpcalkins
I am still using my old iDrive controller with no issues and still retained Logic 7, Traffic Info, and Satellite Radio.

If you just do the CIC, you will retain your MULF which handles your BT. You also add a second USB port for uploading music to the CIC.

LOL, that just makes it more tempting, since I just got my car I am looking forward to a few years of happy motoring. So this upgrade would make a huge difference. I didn't consider getting 2010 550's simply because I didn't think the CIC was worth a $15k premium. Instead I got a 2008 550 with 20k miles (also way less than any local 2010). Knowing I can add the CIC for a fraction of opting for the 2010 makes more and more sense.