E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Chrome Grill

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 02:23 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 520d saloon, manual 6 ratios, olivin metallic, star spoke 122 alloys, delete boot badge, bi-xenon adaptive headlights including washers, graduated tinted windscreen, exterior and interior mirror auto dimming plus electric folding door mirrors, extended light package, dakota beige leather, dark poplar wood, electric seat adjustment including memory function, heated front seats, advanced climate control, velour floor mats, sliding front armrest, lumbar support for front seats.

Anyone used this seller on ebay to buy chrome grills for the E60? All of these non-OEM items seem to be ALL chrome ie. the inner blades are completely chrome. I believe on the OEM version, it is just the front faces of the blades that are chromed and the inner sides are black. Can anyone confirm and if so does it make these all chrome grills seem a bit to "bling"?

I don't want to purchase them and be disappointed that they look too obviously fake and aftermarket.

An help would be appreciated.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY2005 E60 525i M Sports

i can confirm this... it actually came as stock on my car...the front face is chromed and on the inner blade its black...but i didn't like the chrome looks so i painted the ring part gloss black and left the blades as it is...now, i think it looks better...
Old 05-07-2007, 03:34 PM
Members

My Ride: 520d saloon, manual 6 ratios, olivin metallic, star spoke 122 alloys, delete boot badge, bi-xenon adaptive headlights including washers, graduated tinted windscreen, exterior and interior mirror auto dimming plus electric folding door mirrors, extended light package, dakota beige leather, dark poplar wood, electric seat adjustment including memory function, heated front seats, advanced climate control, velour floor mats, sliding front armrest, lumbar support for front seats.

Originally Posted by bmw_wpq31' post='421791' date='May 7 2007, 12:34 PM
i can confirm this... it actually came as stock on my car...the front face is chromed and on the inner blade its black...but i didn't like the chrome looks so i painted the ring part gloss black and left the blades as it is...now, i think it looks better...
Thanks for that. Sounds like what you've done is fairly unique makes your car stand out from the crowd