E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Cheapest place in UK for OEM Conti Sport 2 Tyres?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 04:32 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 525d M-Sport Saloon M57N2 3.0d LCI EXTERIOR: Jet Black, ///M-Aerodynamic Bodystyling, ///M-Rear Spoiler, De-badged, Gradual Tint Windscreen, ///M-Double Spoke 172M 19" Alloy Wheels (with non-run flats & space saver spare wheel) & ///M-Sports Suspension; INTERIOR: ///M-Steering Wheel, Black Dakota Leather Heated Sports Seats with Electric Lumbar Supports, Brushed Aluminium Interior Trim & Anthracite Headlining.

I'm in desperate need to replace all 4 tyres on my car.

I was looking at possibly changing brands to a comparable but more reasonably priced tyre and was maybe looking at the Goodyear EAGLE F1 Asymmetric's or the Vredestein ULTRAC SESSANTA's.

However, I recently managed to purchase a pair of Conti Sport 2's for my front tyres at a very reasonable price that I could not mis (still need to fit these yet). That leaves me still needing a pair for the rear which I will now replace also with the Conti Sport 2's to keep them all matching.

Can people from the UK please let me know how much and where you got your last pair of OEM Conti Sport 2's - 275 / 30 R19 96Y XL from?

I'm looking at getting the best price possible and the price quotes I've had differ massively, although non are really reasonable IMHO. My father is in the motor trade which is how I usually purchase my tyres / parts, but he currently has problems with his usual tyre supplier and is looking to go through alternatives - but nothing is set-up yet and I need these immediately!

At 36k miles my front tyres are the original and still have plenty of tread left in the centre's, but have both worn / feathered on the inner & outer edges. The rears were replaced around 18k miles (from memory) and have now completely worn down to the wear bands in the centres (again) but have good tread on the inner & outer edges. This seems strange to me as I recently had a KDS Geometry done which confirmed my alignment is fine (one of the rears was marginally out but this was corrected and doesn't correlate to the tyre wear).

Anyone?
Old 01-22-2009, 04:36 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545 SE Auto in Black

hi i always use hounslow tyres when it comes to tyres

he supplied my conti sport 3 in 20"
he supplied des mich 21"
and he supplied jags545 20" tyres

his prices inc fitting balncing etc etc he also has to hunter KDS machines if you want to get your tracking checked (no charge if it doesnt need doing)

you need to speak to raff he hows the place qand tell him Kav sent ya

0208 577 0401
Old 01-22-2009, 04:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535d M-Sport '06 Plate - Carbon Black - Black Leather - Pro Sat Nav - Logic 7 - HUD - Bluetooth - Privacy Glass - 172M 19" Alloys - Heated Seats - PDC - Adaptive Headlights - Extended Voice Control - Paintshield Extended - M5 Boot Finisher - Bright White LED Internal Lighting - Dension Gateway 500 Ipod/USB/Aux Integration

I usually use E-Tyres or you could try getting your best price then asking your BMW Garage to price match. My local price matched E-tyres on my last boot change.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:02 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 525d M-Sport Saloon M57N2 3.0d LCI EXTERIOR: Jet Black, ///M-Aerodynamic Bodystyling, ///M-Rear Spoiler, De-badged, Gradual Tint Windscreen, ///M-Double Spoke 172M 19" Alloy Wheels (with non-run flats & space saver spare wheel) & ///M-Sports Suspension; INTERIOR: ///M-Steering Wheel, Black Dakota Leather Heated Sports Seats with Electric Lumbar Supports, Brushed Aluminium Interior Trim & Anthracite Headlining.

Originally Posted by westside' post='774533' date='Jan 22 2009, 01:36 PM
hi i always use hounslow tyres when it comes to tyres

he supplied my conti sport 3 in 20"
he supplied des mich 21"
and he supplied jags545 20" tyres

his prices inc fitting balncing etc etc he also has to hunter KDS machines if you want to get your tracking checked (no charge if it doesnt need doing)

you need to speak to raff he hows the place qand tell him Kav sent ya

0208 577 0401
This is a little out of my area, although I often do travel down south - so if the price is right.....I will give them a call. Thanks!
Old 01-22-2009, 08:04 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by MarcsOnFire' post='774535' date='Jan 22 2009, 01:41 PM
I usually use E-Tyres or you could try getting your best price then asking your BMW Garage to price match. My local price matched E-tyres on my last boot change.
eTyres want ?508.80 for a pair of these tyres - I'm sure I will be able to get a better deal than that! When I last changed them I managed to get a pair for around ?400 (through my dad in the trade). That is going to be hard to match I think!
Old 01-23-2009, 01:34 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545 SE Auto in Black

Originally Posted by Palmo' post='774652' date='Jan 22 2009, 05:04 PM
eTyres want ?508.80 for a pair of these tyres - I'm sure I will be able to get a better deal than that! When I last changed them I managed to get a pair for around ?400 (through my dad in the trade). That is going to be hard to match I think!
cant you use your dad again dude?