5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/)
-   -   Cheapest mod that helps you improve your looks? (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/cheapest-mod-helps-you-improve-your-looks-54007/)

siu0410 04-26-2008 02:37 AM

i was bored this morning so i took my toolbox outside and removed my front license plate and the holder.
i realized alot of ppl on e60 has it removed too, has anyone got pulled over yet?
it sure makes the car look hell alot better..

diy instructions:
1) remove the screws
2) remove your license plate holder
3) done yay
4) kewl?

mrfva 04-26-2008 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by siu0410' post='568507' date='Apr 26 2008, 05:37 AM
i was bored this morning so i took my toolbox outside and removed my front license plate and the holder.
i realized alot of ppl on e60 has it removed too, has anyone got pulled over yet?
it sure makes the car look hell alot better..

diy instructions:
1) remove the screws
2) remove your license plate holder
3) done yay
4) kewl?

+1 :thumbsup: , I for one am against front license plates. I think it ruins the look and lines of the front bumper. The only time I've had any issues with the "law" are driving through small towns near my city.

Have you considered Bumper Plugs? These are commonly associated with Porsche to cover up the drill holes on the bumper.

flyingpuck 04-26-2008 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by mrfva' post='568560' date='Apr 26 2008, 06:56 AM
+1 :thumbsup: , I for one am against front license plates. I think it ruins the look and lines of the front bumper. The only time I've had any issues with the "law" are driving through small towns near my city.

Have you considered Bumper Plugs? These are commonly associated with Porsche to cover up the drill holes on the bumper.

I have NEVER had a front plate on my car for more than a couple of hours it took to get a "fix-it" ticket signed off!! :rolleyes: I whole-heartedly agree, it really does screw up the looks of the car! :thumbsdown: As for the "Bumper Plugs" I have them (in Sapphire Black), and while they are not a perfect solution, they do allow for a quick, clean fix to those annoying holes in the bumper ! :thumbsup: BTW, their website is really whacked, and does not work very well! :geek:

Gene 04-26-2008 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by flyingpuck' post='568615' date='Apr 26 2008, 09:27 AM
As for the "Bumper Plugs" I have them (in Sapphire Black)

You have bumper plugs? ewwwww :lol: :P

As for the front plate discussion...I started a thread on this also,

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry535217

still haven't mounted any of the plates, front or back...think i am going to put the back one soon tho and take the sticker of the front window. I think a front plate ruins the look of the car IMO. I've got a few patients that are CHP's and police officers that have said it's not the biggest of offenses, he basically said without it mounted you are just giving them an excuse to stop and check you out...

flyingpuck 04-26-2008 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by geneatals' post='568708' date='Apr 26 2008, 12:02 PM
You have bumper plugs? ewwwww :lol: :P

This comment from the guy whose name is basically Genitals??? :huh: (In fact, When you run a spell check, it wants to "correct" geneatals to genitals!):lol:

Gene 04-26-2008 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by flyingpuck' post='568720' date='Apr 26 2008, 12:22 PM
This comment from the guy whose name is basically Genitals??? :huh: (In fact, When you run a spell check, it wants to "correct" geneatals to genitals!):lol:

you run a spell check? on every post? wow.... :geek:

:D :lol:

in all honesty, my first name is gene...so geneatals was born in high school...the story behind that is for another time and place... :D :lol:

I/we are not trying to hijack your thread....sorry siu0410

flyingpuck 04-26-2008 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by geneatals' post='568724' date='Apr 26 2008, 12:32 PM
you run a spell check? on every post? wow.... :geek:
:D :lol:
in all honesty, my first name is gene...so geneatals was born in high school...the story behind that is for another time and place... :D :lol:
I/we are not trying to hijack your thread....sorry siu0410

Nah, Gene said to me in a PM..."I'm GOING to hijack this thread....Puck, will you help??" :devil: And I said NO, that would not be nice :nono: ....Well you know Gene....Won't have it any other way...so......... :lol: (Spell Check Complete) :D

good anti 04-26-2008 05:10 PM

in the state of Connecticut or at least in my town you get a ticket for not having a front license plate.

i love the look without it tho.

flyingpuck 04-26-2008 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by good anti' post='568874' date='Apr 26 2008, 06:10 PM
in the state of Connecticut or at least in my town you get a ticket for not having a front license plate.

i love the look without it tho.

Supposed to be the same here in Cali, but they rarely care. Usually only if you've done something to catch their eye.....and then they check tinting etc. all the way up to the "full body cavity search!!" :o So if you do remove the front plate, BE CAREFUL!! :cool:

good anti 04-26-2008 05:17 PM

they do random seat belt and plate checks here during rush hour. :(