E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

On Charcoal Filter pins, engine guards, control consoles & other r

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 04:40 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys,

This is my first post to the forum although I have perused much of the information here already.

I recently bought a 2006 530i (sport) from a dealership here in the Bay Area. Other than the problems I had with the Potenza run flats the car came with I really love the car. I do have a bunch of questions though:

1) I tried doing the charcoal filter removal mod and in my excitement dropped one of the holder pins. I heard it fall and hit the bottom engine guard mat but am not able to see it. Is there an easy way remove this guard from the undercarriage of the car so I can get the pin out? Or should I just wait until I need a oil change and just have the SA do it? I assume that they need to remove this anyway when they change the oil. The charcoal filter by the was already removed!

2) The car came with Nav and it works great except when I turn off the control console, it seems like the system does not really shut down all the way. There is still a light glare on the screen that is rather distracting at night. Do any one you have similar problems?

3) Can any of you folks recommend a good place to get tinting and iPod installations in the South Bay Area? Don't really want to drive to Vallejo.

Thanks guys.

-Jerald
Old 06-18-2009, 06:05 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jjayants' post='916289' date='Jun 18 2009, 07:40 PM
Hi Guys,

This is my first post to the forum although I have perused much of the information here already.

I recently bought a 2006 530i (sport) from a dealership here in the Bay Area. Other than the problems I had with the Potenza run flats the car came with I really love the car. I do have a bunch of questions though:

1) I tried doing the charcoal filter removal mod and in my excitement dropped one of the holder pins. I heard it fall and hit the bottom engine guard mat but am not able to see it. Is there an easy way remove this guard from the undercarriage of the car so I can get the pin out? Or should I just wait until I need a oil change and just have the SA do it? I assume that they need to remove this anyway when they change the oil. The charcoal filter by the was already removed!

2) The car came with Nav and it works great except when I turn off the control console, it seems like the system does not really shut down all the way. There is still a light glare on the screen that is rather distracting at night. Do any one you have similar problems?

3) Can any of you folks recommend a good place to get tinting and iPod installations in the South Bay Area? Don't really want to drive to Vallejo.

Thanks guys.

-Jerald
1. i would call your SA and ask him what he thinks. most likely he will tell you to bring it in and they will handle it. most likely for free - should take only a few mins to do.
2. all the screens do this, they dont completely shut off. just something you have to deal with, maybe try to turn down the brightness in your options menu to help a little.
3. i dont live anywhere near you so good luck with that. im sure other members from your area would be willing to help!