E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

CD Changer for E60

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 01:15 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

hi y'all! it's me again and seems like i always have questions . do you guys know where can i order a oem/aftermarket cd changer? i don't want to go back to the parts dept cuz their price is so ridiculous . is the glove box the only place to store the changer since it's pre-wired there. how about the trunk (my previous e39 had the trunk mounted changer)? please help! thank you again!
Old 06-18-2004, 01:16 PM
Members

I don't think you can get aftermarket cd changer for e60 as oem are run thru fiber optic and dealer needs to re program the idrive to accept the new cd changer
Old 06-18-2004, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

AFAIK there is a pre wiring in the trunk (left side) for a dvd-changer. The dvd-changer will be available with the rear seat entertainment package. I don't know if it is possible to get a cd-changer installed back there.
Old 06-18-2004, 01:28 PM
Senior Members

herb, that's what i've heard. so i think that means i have to pay over $1k (parts and installation) for just a cd changer .

iceman, i was thinking to get a dvd changer instead of cd changer. i'm not going to use it for watching dvds since i don't have the entertainment package. i just want to use it as a cd changer. so if i get a dvd changer, does it mean the same thing, only oem is doable?

oh, btw herb, i've showed the pics of your car to my friends. they all said the same thing, "this thing really kick ass!!!" we all like the body kits and i personally like the rims the most. where did you get them and how much? how is the ride? noise and comfort compare to stock 16" rims?

thank you, guys.
Old 06-18-2004, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

I just heard about a prewiring back there in the trunk for this rear entertainment dvd-changer...
I am verry sorry I can not give any more infos on it...
Maybe someone else on this board knows more about the possibility of installing a dvd-changer back there - aftermarket...?!
Old 06-18-2004, 01:39 PM
Senior Members

iceman, i looked into my trunk the other day and tried to look for all the pre-wired cables. i removed the two "plastic screws" on the left but couldn't pull the thing out. i didn't want to yank it out cuz it might cost me a fortune to replace .
Old 06-18-2004, 01:55 PM
Members

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Jun 18 2004, 03:28 PM
herb, that's what i've heard. so i think that means i have to pay over $1k (parts and installation) for just a cd changer .

oh, btw herb, i've showed the pics of your car to my friends. they all said the same thing, "this thing really kick ass!!!" we all like the body kits and i personally like the rims the most. where did you get them and how much? how is the ride? noise and comfort compare to stock 16" rims?

thank you, guys.
yup you have to fork out alot of $$$ just to put in a cd changer also the location for cd changer is behind the glove box

the wheels are made by our company eurorev please email me for more details.. as for the ride its little rough but i have to give up something to gain something

btw im almost done with my new sounds system in the car so i'll post some teaser pic soon !!
Old 06-18-2004, 02:28 PM
Senior Members

just want to let you guys know (probably there are people out there looking for a cd changer as well), i just called crutchfield.com and they don't have one for the e60, only for e39 .

oh guys, off topic but i want to ask anyway. i have posted another question (under "fog lights") here but no response yet. i'm so anxious to change the light bulbs but no luck so far. could you guys please go there and check out my question and see if anyone can help me out? i really appreciate it.

herb, i personally really, extremely want to change rims but my girlfriend will kill me if i do so . you know guys will never win in this kind of battle . hope your new system will rock the entire block...just like your car .
Old 06-21-2004, 11:21 PM
Members

HERB HOW ARE YOU PUTTING THE SYSTEM IN ARE YOU USING AN AFTERMARKET HEAD UNIT BECAUSE EVERY PLACE IVE BEEN TO SAYS ALL THE CAN DO IS ADD A SUB AND AMP CANTG REWIRE THE MIDS AND HIGHS. THIS IS THE FIRST VEHICLE IVE EVER HAD WITH A STOCK STEREO FOR MORE THAN A WEEK AND ITS DRIVING ME INSANE. I WANT TO UPGRADE MY WHOLE SYSTEM BUT I DONT WANT TO RUIN THE ASTHETICS OF THE DASH AND KEEP THE FUNCTIONALITY OF THE IDRIVE RADIO. WHAT ARE YOU DOING/PLANNING TO DO, YOUR FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED
THANKS
Old 06-22-2004, 02:24 AM
Contributors

I looked at just this very thing when I was speccing mine,

add in factory ?265....add in dealer afterwards.......?800...........therefore a no brainer, even though I was unsure If I really wanted it......

Glad I got it though, use it quite a lot and it does use the fibreoptic data bus

Quick Reply: CD Changer for E60