E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Carbon Fibre Lip Installed On Stock Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 528i blk/blk' , black grills, v2 angel eyes 20 inch Beyern Mesh staggered black, H&R springs AFE stage 1 intake Sprintbooster V2 Meisterschaft Pro SuS exhaust

Nice job. Way to go your own way! I really like the CF front lip. Changes the whole car for the better.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:18 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 e60 545i/6 1995 e34 525i

Where did you get the CF lip?
Old 03-06-2011, 04:48 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: m54

everything looks good except for the vinyl tint and the eyebrows IMO
Old 03-06-2011, 06:32 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 530i premium package/active steering/auto sunshade/tiag/black dakota leather/logic 7 35% tint all around 19' DPE GT7

if you don't mind me asking how much did the lip run you. It looks really good in your pics, I was questioning its looks when I saw it in the bmw brochure.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:41 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Nice going, Tom! I really like this lip - especially, since lately I've been really liking the stock non-M bumper on E60.

Have you considered getting spacers in the back? It would set the wheels better and the whole car will look more "finished"
Sorry V, I didn't see this reply when I checked earlier.

I am considering spacers in the rear but I want to lower it first, I am thinking H&R springs (50mm drop) My only concern is that the front may be too low and rub when I turn the wheels.

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
To be honest, totally not liking what you did to the headlight and the tails. They look unfitting in my opinion.
Originally Posted by SFS550
i really like what you've done to the roof top. As for the rest of the car I really can't say I like it so much. It's just my opinion - I'm not a huge fan of having CF everywhere.
Everybody is welcome to their opinion, whether they like it or not are both appreciated

Originally Posted by bha7176
I think it looks pretty cool man! Good job. Surprisingly really like the lip on the non-M bumber too!

Now, the location you live is absolutely cool and I'm jealous.
Thanks, I like it as well.
Cyprus is a nice place to live, better than the UK anyway
Old 03-06-2011, 10:41 PM
Contributors

I actually really like those "eyebrows"
I think they look better now that I have the lip on, before it didn't quite look right.

Originally Posted by HollywoodE60
Nice job. Way to go your own way! I really like the CF front lip. Changes the whole car for the better.
Thanks, I didn't expect it to make as much difference as it has. I am really happy with it.

Originally Posted by spyrot1
Where did you get the CF lip?
Roveractive, he has a website and is also on eBay. (He seems to have changed his name to euroactive now)
http://euroactiveparts.com/
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...#ht_732wt_1165
Old 03-06-2011, 10:42 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by e60.teamegypt.4
everything looks good except for the vinyl tint and the eyebrows IMO
Thank you, if we all liked and disliked the same things, this world would be a boring place and we would all drive cars that look the same

Originally Posted by cleung
if you don't mind me asking how much did the lip run you. It looks really good in your pics, I was questioning its looks when I saw it in the bmw brochure.
All in all with shipping from the US to Cyprus + import tax it came to around $1200. I think you can get in the US for $849? See above link.
I think it would look awesome on your car, it would suit the mods you have already.

I know it is lot for such a small part, I probably could of got the replica M-Tech kit for that price and made my car look like everyone else which is the reason why I didn't get the M-Tech kit.

This is a discontinued part, BMW do not make it any more and I couldn't find it anywhere in Europe, it took around 2 months for me to find it and another month for it to get shipped due to the weather over Christmas and New Year. All the websites I found it on could not get it.

My local dealer had it listed at 1000 Euros, I paid 850-900 Euros with the shipping and import tax so I am pretty pleased with it.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:14 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Looks good Tom!

The lip suits the car and especially the color of your car very nicely. It also supports all the other CF mods. I like them all except the eyebrows. Maybe the pics don't do them justice...
You know what kind of mod would complete the car? Anthracite or gunmetal wheels!

- Antti -
Old 03-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Honestly, Bro, I wouldn't even bother dropping until you get your 20's. For now, put on spacers and you'll fall back in love with THESE wheels
Old 03-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Anzafin
Looks good Tom!

The lip suits the car and especially the color of your car very nicely. It also supports all the other CF mods. I like them all except the eyebrows. Maybe the pics don't do them justice...
You know what kind of mod would complete the car? Anthracite or gunmetal wheels!

- Antti -
Thanks Antti, the eyebrows do look better in real life.
I will most likely get black 20s when the time is right.

Honestly, Bro, I wouldn't even bother dropping until you get your 20's. For now, put on spacers and you'll fall back in love with THESE wheels
I do like these wheels, was considering powdercoating them black and putting spacers.

Quick Reply: Carbon Fibre Lip Installed On Stock Bumper