E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Carbon Fiber License Plate Frame

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 12:46 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Hello peeps. I have black and white carbon fiber roundels so I was thinking of getting a carbon fiber license plate frame. I'm also trying to get a custom exhausst from Remus that has carbon fiber tips.

Just curious what you guys think of the frame. I currently have a chrome one with black "BMW" lettering. Here's the eBay listing for the frame:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GENUINE-CAR...sspagenameZWDVW

and here's a pic of my roundel:
Carbon Fiber License Plate Frame-carbon_fiber_roundel.jpg
Old 10-27-2005, 01:48 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' date='Oct 27 2005, 01:46 PM
Hello peeps.? I have black and white carbon fiber roundels so I was thinking of getting a carbon fiber license plate frame.? I'm also trying to get a custom exhausst from Remus that has carbon fiber tips.?

Just curious what you guys think of the frame.? I currently have a chrome one with black "BMW" lettering.? Here's the eBay listing for the frame:

Attachment 11870
[snapback]189673[/snapback]
I was thinking of getting a carbon fiber seat--what do you think...
carbon fiber seat
Old 10-27-2005, 01:54 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2003 X5 3.0----->gone 2004 Porsche Cayenne S : Gemballa front and back bodykit, fabspeed bypass pipes, Gemballa exhaust pipes, full option, 20" factory sport design rims------>gone 2005 545i 6-spd manual---->de-badged, CDV removal, Autosolutions short shift kit, resonator removal, premium package, PDC, xenon, almost full options, hardwire V1 install ....looking for mods... 2007 550i 6-spd----> Premium package, sport package, Logic7, heated everything, Rogue Engineering SSK, CDV removal, hardwire V1 install, aFe cold air intake, Custom Magnaflow exhaust....

Haha how much weight can u save by switching frames??
Although the frame loks nice in my opinion, It's too insignificant to make the car stand out, i'd rather keep the money and buy a nice CD to listen to...
Old 10-27-2005, 01:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Originally Posted by stream' date='Oct 27 2005, 04:48 PM
[quote name='EuroCarFan' date='Oct 27 2005, 01:46 PM']Hello peeps.? I have black and white carbon fiber roundels so I was thinking of getting a carbon fiber license plate frame.? I'm also trying to get a custom exhausst from Remus that has carbon fiber tips.?

Just curious what you guys think of the frame.? I currently have a chrome one with black "BMW" lettering.? Here's the eBay listing for the frame:

Attachment 11870
carbon fiber seat
[snapback]189704[/snapback]
[/quote]

Old 10-27-2005, 02:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' date='Oct 27 2005, 03:46 PM
Hello peeps.? I have black and white carbon fiber roundels so I was thinking of getting a carbon fiber license plate frame.? I'm also trying to get a custom exhausst from Remus that has carbon fiber tips.?

Attachment 11870
I think it would be good on your car.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by stream' date='Oct 27 2005, 04:48 PM
[quote name='EuroCarFan' date='Oct 27 2005, 01:46 PM']Hello peeps.? I have black and white carbon fiber roundels so I was thinking of getting a carbon fiber license plate frame.? I'm also trying to get a custom exhausst from Remus that has carbon fiber tips.?

carbon fiber seat
[/quote]Do those bolt right in to the 545i? How much weight do you think they save over the comfort seats? I would think they would, if used properly, eliminate some pit stops.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:57 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' date='Oct 27 2005, 02:46 PM

Attachment 11870
I think it would blend in nice with the theme of your car. Better than the current one you have.

Regards, Michael
Old 10-27-2005, 03:01 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by stream' date='Oct 27 2005, 02:48 PM

Attachment 11870
carbon fiber seat
[/quote]

HAHAHA..wow...that's awesome.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:21 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by donv' date='Oct 27 2005, 03:36 PM
[quote name='stream' date='Oct 27 2005, 04:48 PM'][quote name='EuroCarFan' date='Oct 27 2005, 01:46 PM']Hello peeps.? I have black and white carbon fiber roundels so I was thinking of getting a carbon fiber license plate frame.? I'm also trying to get a custom exhausst from Remus that has carbon fiber tips.?

carbon fiber seat
[/quote]Do those bolt right in to the 545i? How much weight do you think they save over the comfort seats? I would think they would, if used properly, eliminate some pit stops.
[snapback]189731[/snapback]
[/quote]

Definitely a huge weight savings...and clearly the right seat for long drives...
Old 10-27-2005, 08:19 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2003 X5 3.0----->gone 2004 Porsche Cayenne S : Gemballa front and back bodykit, fabspeed bypass pipes, Gemballa exhaust pipes, full option, 20" factory sport design rims------>gone 2005 545i 6-spd manual---->de-badged, CDV removal, Autosolutions short shift kit, resonator removal, premium package, PDC, xenon, almost full options, hardwire V1 install ....looking for mods... 2007 550i 6-spd----> Premium package, sport package, Logic7, heated everything, Rogue Engineering SSK, CDV removal, hardwire V1 install, aFe cold air intake, Custom Magnaflow exhaust....

Originally Posted by stream' date='Oct 27 2005, 09:21 PM
[quote name='donv' date='Oct 27 2005, 03:36 PM'][quote name='stream' date='Oct 27 2005, 04:48 PM'][quote name='EuroCarFan' date='Oct 27 2005, 01:46 PM']Hello peeps.? I have black and white carbon fiber roundels so I was thinking of getting a carbon fiber license plate frame.? I'm also trying to get a custom exhausst from Remus that has carbon fiber tips.?

carbon fiber seat
[snapback]189731[/snapback]
[/quote]
Imagine having the ability to take a dump and pee without stopping where the waste would be collected in a disposable bag to be disposed of at the next gas station..... who knows....future feature....race cars might actually get the carbon fiber toilet seats after all...hahahahhahaha

Definitely a huge weight savings...and clearly the right seat for long drives...
[snapback]189777[/snapback]
[/quote]

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber License Plate Frame