E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

car not entering sleep mode with dension 500

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 02:36 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi everyone

installed dension gateway 500 using the instructions and taking the power from the cd changer, i also tapped into this for my headrest tvs, the problem im having is that when i lock the car i thought it went to a sleep after say 30 mins, which would mean power to cd changer would go???????

but to my supprise my tvs never turn off they have a little stanby light on them and i no doesnt use power but it annoying why they dont go off, i left it over night and still they have not gone off?

can someone help?

any ideas?

how long should it take to go to sleep mode?

does the changer actuallty go to sleep mode?
Old 11-11-2008, 03:08 AM
Members

Sorry, cant help with your question, just wondered how difficult it is to install? I have an '05 e61 with pro nav and cd changer, I had the i-drive software updated in the summer. Is it something you would recomend someone with a basic level of skill attempt?

Cheers and good luck with your power question. Sorry for hijacking.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:18 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

This is actually as expected. Whats actually happens on the car is that when you switch the car off, the car issues a SLEEP command to all modules on the various BUSes. Since all the modules on the car are 'intelligent' they receive this signal and go to sleep. However your TVs are not able to understand this command and is not even infact connected to the BUS and thats the reason the TVs are not shutting off. The Dension on the other hand doesn't drain the battery because its been designed to be connected to a permanent power sourse and when it sees no data on the MOST BUS it enters a pseudo sleep mode of its own and so doesnt drain the battery.

I'd say you need to power your TVs from the either the T15 (lighter sockets) or the T31g which is the connections that go to sleep when the car goes to sleep.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:19 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='717940' date='Nov 11 2008, 07:18 AM
This is actually as expected. Whats actually happens on the car is that when you switch the car off, the car issues a SLEEP command to all modules on the various BUSes. Since all the modules on the car are 'intelligent' they receive this signal and go to sleep. However your TVs are not able to understand this command and is not even infact connected to the BUS and thats the reason the TVs are not shutting off. The Dension on the other hand doesn't drain the battery because its been designed to be connected to a permanent power sourse and when it sees no data on the MOST BUS it enters a pseudo sleep mode of its own and so doesnt drain the battery.

I'd say you need to power your TVs from the either the T15 (lighter sockets) or the T31g which is the connections that go to sleep when the car goes to sleep.
hey whats up im woundering do u still sell the cables for the led tail lights if so interested asap thanks,,,,,,,,,