E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Car is going back to the dealer friday.. :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 01:57 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

I still have that damm squeaky noise coming from my back passenger side. It used to be only when my foot touched the brake lightly amd I thought it was only the sensor.
But now the squeak is louder and its all the time. Like when i turn left and the car tilts to the right side, it gets louder. Or when im accelerating as well and when I hit bumps (which are unavoidable in N.Y.C) I just hear the squeak constantly now. Like a bird chirrping in a high pitch. I can even hear it chirp in a way that it sounds like its getting faster as the wheels spin.. I know it sounds crazy, but has anyone experienced this? Last time they told me there was nothing wrong, but now it seems to have gotten worse and im getting pissed and really embarrassed. Does anyone know what this sound can be? Can it have anything to do with the 167's on my car? Which i doubt, but im not positive because this chirp sound was there before i changed my wheels. ( so I guess that rules that out, huh)

Thanks in advance I appreciate any info you guys may have this way I can go into the stealership with some knowledge of what this is and use my big mouth and get this problem fixed once and for all! lol Mel
Old 07-20-2009, 02:30 PM
Members

I have the same problem...those sounds actually come from the rubber around the doors. I have this problem with my front doors too. In additional, I also have the rattling noise comes from dash board (not sure whether you have this problem). I went to dealer almost 10 times regarding these stupid noises...I switched 3 SA..2 of them acknowledged the rattling noise, one refused say there is nothing wrong. They acknowledge the problems but refuse to fix them. In other word, the dealer do not know how to fix them... I find it hard to believe, they either must be very lazy or have no knowledge in fixing them. I WILL NOT BUY CAR FROM BMW NEW CENTURY AGAIN!!! Or this may be my very last bmw. I have enough of these already.

The rattling noise you are experiencing is very common in all BMW cars. I basically gave up on these stupid noises. The best thing you could do is clean the rubber...do not apply any silicon it will only make it worse.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:08 PM
Members

Hey,

Actually I just did a quick search. I found something useful. Print this Bulletin out and give it your SA . SHUT HIM UP WITH ALL HIS EXCUSEs AND BS THIS TIME.

http://www.bmwtis.com/tsb/bulletins/bullet...mp/B510205g.htm
Old 07-20-2009, 03:17 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 535xi
Model Year: 2008

MeliMel - I have a similar AW 08 but 535xi. I know the problem for mine was tinnitus caused by drinking too much beer. Once I had my ear nerve severed the chirping went away. Hope this helps.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Sorry mel, I don't have anything to offer but wish they will find the cause of it this time and fix the damn thing already. GL.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by melimel' post='947941' date='Jul 20 2009, 05:57 PM
I still have that damm squeaky noise coming from my back passenger side. It used to be only when my foot touched the brake lightly amd I thought it was only the sensor.
But now the squeak is louder and its all the time. Like when i turn left and the car tilts to the right side, it gets louder. Or when im accelerating as well and when I hit bumps (which are unavoidable in N.Y.C) I just hear the squeak constantly now. Like a bird chirrping in a high pitch. I can even hear it chirp in a way that it sounds like its getting faster as the wheels spin.. I know it sounds crazy, but has anyone experienced this? Last time they told me there was nothing wrong, but now it seems to have gotten worse and im getting pissed and really embarrassed. Does anyone know what this sound can be? Can it have anything to do with the 167's on my car? Which i doubt, but im not positive because this chirp sound was there before i changed my wheels. ( so I guess that rules that out, huh)

Thanks in advance I appreciate any info you guys may have this way I can go into the stealership with some knowledge of what this is and use my big mouth and get this problem fixed once and for all! lol Mel
I have this problem too. The window seals by the B pillar sweak and creak. Very uncoming a $71K sedan. My Infiniti M45 Sport was sweak free.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:55 PM
Contributors

put http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7GPEA_enUS301&ei=ygNlSob3FYGRtgeTwqn2Dw&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=vaseline&spell=1 .. it works... onthe rubber it will stop the skwicks
Old 07-21-2009, 05:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

wow.. everyones on a rubber and vaseline thing...

sorry guys but it is NOT the rubber on the doors and such.. its coming from outside the car.. when i hit bumps and touch the brake! lol..

juris you wise ass.. as a matter of fact i did drink alot this weekend..soooo maybe that COULD be it..lmao.. loud music + excess drinking= tinnitis