E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!
View Poll Results: OEM Mtech Front or M5 Style replica
OEM Mtech Front
50.00%
M5 Style Replica
50.00%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Can't decide on Front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 11:13 AM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Trying to choose. What do you guys think:

OEM Mtech: Plus - Aftermarket splitters are made for it. Perfect fit. OEM just like the car
Can't decide on Front bumper-mtechfront.jpg

M5 Style Rep (to the car owner, please excuse me for using this photo and thank you ).: Plus - Cheaper
Can't decide on Front bumper-m5stylefront.jpg

I know there's an MTech rep front, but it doesn't have the stuff the OEM has such as airducts and such. I don't want to use the OEM M5 bumper due to fitment issues since it fits better with the M5 fender which can shoot the price way up.

Thanks!
Old 04-19-2011, 11:18 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too, am in the same situation. I like the perfect fitment of the OEM Mtech, but I also like the price savings of the M5tech. I plan to couple it with the OEM m5 bumper and the quad exhaust as well as the rep sides so I am leaning toward the M5tech myself.

What rear do you have?
Old 04-19-2011, 11:26 AM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW

I curently have them OEM Mtech rear and OEM sideskirts. I know it would have been cheaper to get the whole OEM Kit originally, but about 10 months ago some a$$ did a hit and run on my rear bumper and State Farm quoted the OEM Mtech rear as a replacement instead of the standard so I got the Mtech.

The good thing about OEM is that after market splitters, lips, and quad diffusers are designed around it should I go that route in the future.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:29 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d MSport Auto, 19" 172 Spiders on ContiSports 2's, Pro Nav, Adaptive Xenons, Bruce M's V6 Rear LCI Cables/Lights, Number plate LED

OEM all the way.

However, I do like the more aggressive lines of the M5 front bumper and the gaping intakes where the fog lamps should be to to cool the M5's brakes! Form and substance. I say keep to OEM M5 bumper if you have an M5 and an OEM Msport bumper for anything that does not have an 'M' button on the steering wheel and 507BHP under the bonnet, sorry "hood"!!
Old 04-19-2011, 12:30 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by balbs
Trying to choose. What do you guys think:

OEM Mtech: Plus - Aftermarket splitters are made for it. Perfect fit. OEM just like the car
Attachment 120011

M5 Style Rep (to the car owner, please excuse me for using this photo and thank you ).: Plus - Cheaper
Attachment 120012

I know there's an MTech rep front, but it doesn't have the stuff the OEM has such as airducts and such. I don't want to use the OEM M5 bumper due to fitment issues since it fits better with the M5 fender which can shoot the price way up.

Thanks!
i will go with the m5 style rep, actually i'm getting it also next week just needed to be painted, call joe from trinity auto sport he has some good deals on it.. end of the day its all about your preference and your style... at least the m5 rep is not going to be to steep on the pocket good luck and keep us posted on which one you go with
Old 04-19-2011, 12:49 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 07 530i Mystic Blue

I vote for the M5tech rep - cheaper and it will be easier to find a front lip for it. It's challenging to find a front lip (Hartge rep or even Hamann rep) for the OEM M-tech front bumper if you want one in the future. At least I am having trouble. Mabye eurorev can hook it up. Trinity doesn't carry lips for OEM M-tech.

Further, M5tech front looks more aggressive.

Good luck balbs - hope you were able to fix your DPE wheels from the scuffs.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 02" Porsche Carrera 911

I did the Umnitza Mtech and it was a PERFECT FIT!
Old 04-19-2011, 02:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw

M5 style all the way
Old 04-19-2011, 02:35 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by jg525i
i will go with the m5 style rep, actually i'm getting it also next week just needed to be painted, call joe from trinity auto sport he has some good deals on it.. end of the day its all about your preference and your style... at least the m5 rep is not going to be to steep on the pocket good luck and keep us posted on which one you go with

+1000 Can't go wrong with Joe and Weezy, they'll take good care of you.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:37 PM
Members

i also was in the same situation as you but in the end i went with the M5tech and i love the way it looks

Quick Reply: Can't decide on Front bumper