E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Can not be done !

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 03:53 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Damn! Niice job man!!
Old 12-27-2009, 08:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2003 E60 520i Black Metalic. Glass Sun Roof, Climate Control High, Bluetooth, Leather Memory, PDC, Adaptive Xenon, Navi Pro, Voice Control, Ipod, Folding rear seats, OEM 172 19" Summer Wheels, OEM 138 17" Winter Wheels.

Originally Posted by BenAnd' post='1078802' date='Dec 23 2009, 01:52 PM
Hi All

I know I have been stating earlyer that this "up-grade" was not possible to do , due to warius software issues , but after a lot of time and effort , I/we have manged to do it "hurra" , what are he talking about ??? , you see earlyer on this forum there have been written a lot about "up-grading" the pre LCI CCC to the LCI CCC ( and pre-M-ASK's to LCI-M-ASK's ) with the 8 direct choise bottons/keys ( in the US only 6 bottons/keys ) , this feture came in early 2008 ( Marts if I remember right )

I have now done this up-grade and all is function , I now only have to get the Voice command function coded , but that should not be a big deal to do , so hope I will get this done in the start of the New Year.

In order to get the front cover fit , I had to also change the IHK ( Klima control unit ) there to the bottons on that unit is not the same size as on the pre-LCI , so the old IHK's botton's where to smal to the LCI front cover ( was looking stupid ).

This is a up-grade that only should be performed by people who have good knowleged to the INPA NCS-expert softweare , and are able to alter TRC fils and convet them to MAN fils etc.

I'll not be making any DIY for this , due to the fact that there is so many compleks factores in this proceedure.

But take a look , here is the avidence that is now have been done
Hi BenAnd

Besides adding the additional keys, does the new CCC improve overall speed of the I-Drive system? I find my system soooooo slow. Especially when starting the car, it takes ? a minute or more before the system is fully functional. Also calculating routes is terrible slow....

Thanks,
Thomas.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:42 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW e60 525IA 12/2003

Originally Posted by thomassteen' post='1080249' date='Dec 27 2009, 06:14 PM
Hi BenAnd

Besides adding the additional keys, does the new CCC improve overall speed of the I-Drive system? I find my system soooooo slow. Especially when starting the car, it takes ? a minute or more before the system is fully functional. Also calculating routes is terrible slow....

Thanks,
Thomas.
Hi Thomas

Can't realy say if it's faster , for me it seems to be the same
Old 12-27-2009, 11:49 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

Originally Posted by thomassteen' post='1080249' date='Dec 27 2009, 11:14 AM
Hi BenAnd

Thanks,
Thomas.
try unlocking your doors earlier. it seems the idrive starts booting when the doors are unlocked.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2003 E60 520i Black Metalic. Glass Sun Roof, Climate Control High, Bluetooth, Leather Memory, PDC, Adaptive Xenon, Navi Pro, Voice Control, Ipod, Folding rear seats, OEM 172 19" Summer Wheels, OEM 138 17" Winter Wheels.

Originally Posted by turboawd' post='1080299' date='Dec 27 2009, 09:49 PM
try unlocking your doors earlier. it seems the idrive starts booting when the doors are unlocked.
Yes, I am doing that. The biggest problem is if I have a call active on my cell phone while starting the car, the audio is transferred from the handset over to the Bluetooth in the car. But because the CCC is not fully booted, the audio is not getting through to the speakers - if I wait long enough eventually it well get there, but most times, the caller hangs up because he thinks something is wrong.

Before I did the Navi Pro retrofit, it actually worked fine, because the mcc (is that what the no-navi unit is called?) booted instantly.

Is this actually "nomal"?

Thanks,
Thomas,
Old 12-27-2009, 12:17 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BenAnd' post='1080271' date='Dec 27 2009, 08:42 PM
Hi Thomas

Can't realy say if it's faster , for me it seems to be the same
hmm - ok. Then no real reason for upgrading :-)

Is this the unit with the HDD integrated? If so, what does that do?

Thanks,
Thomas.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:01 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW e60 525IA 12/2003

Originally Posted by thomassteen' post='1080315' date='Dec 27 2009, 10:17 PM
hmm - ok. Then no real reason for upgrading :-)

Is this the unit with the HDD integrated? If so, what does that do?

Thanks,
Thomas.
Hi Thomas

No it is not the unit with the HDD integrated , that came first here in 2009 , so way upgrade ?

1st to show that it could be done

2nd , to get the direct access to the Men?'s , and what a relife not to have going in the I-drive men? each time I want to switch from one source to another ( Cd to DAB to radio etc. ) , if I want to make a call home now , I just have to press ONE botton and the call is made , the same goes now for the Navigation , ONE push and the Navigation is started to go home , I now do not have to get to the adress book first and find "home adress" , the same goes now for the AUX-in ( when using the DVD ) and TV , must say I just "love" it

And also it's fun to make a upgrade that BMW say "can't be done"
Old 12-27-2009, 01:13 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BenAnd' post='1080332' date='Dec 27 2009, 11:01 PM
Hi Thomas

No it is not the unit with the HDD integrated , that came first here in 2009 , so way upgrade ?

1st to show that it could be done

2nd , to get the direct access to the Men?'s , and what a relife not to have going in the I-drive men? each time I want to switch from one source to another ( Cd to DAB to radio etc. ) , if I want to make a call home now , I just have to press ONE botton and the call is made , the same goes now for the Navigation , ONE push and the Navigation is started to go home , I now do not have to get to the adress book first and find "home adress" , the same goes now for the AUX-in ( when using the DVD ) and TV , must say I just "love" it

And also it's fun to make a upgrade that BMW say "can't be done"
LOL - all the right reasons - especially the last one! Also, with the many upgrades you have done, you have to look for the odd ones to still have something to do
Old 12-29-2009, 11:26 AM
Senior Members

Amazing !

I've love HUD in my car BenAnd - located in Copenhagen !
Old 12-29-2009, 01:14 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i SMG with Limited Slip Differential
Model Year: 2005

Originally Posted by E60Sim' post='1081343' date='Dec 29 2009, 09:26 PM
Amazing !

I've love HUD in my car BenAnd - located in Copenhagen !

Benno, made by J. also this retrofit?

Can't wait to visit him for my HUD.