E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Can not be done !

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 03:52 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW e60 525IA 12/2003

Hi All

I know I have been stating earlyer that this "up-grade" was not possible to do , due to warius software issues , but after a lot of time and effort , I/we have manged to do it "hurra" , what are he talking about ??? , you see earlyer on this forum there have been written a lot about "up-grading" the pre LCI CCC to the LCI CCC ( and pre-M-ASK's to LCI-M-ASK's ) with the 8 direct choise bottons/keys ( in the US only 6 bottons/keys ) , this feture came in early 2008 ( Marts if I remember right )

I have now done this up-grade and all is function , I now only have to get the Voice command function coded , but that should not be a big deal to do , so hope I will get this done in the start of the New Year.

In order to get the front cover fit , I had to also change the IHK ( Klima control unit ) there to the bottons on that unit is not the same size as on the pre-LCI , so the old IHK's botton's where to smal to the LCI front cover ( was looking stupid ).

This is a up-grade that only should be performed by people who have good knowleged to the INPA NCS-expert softweare , and are able to alter TRC fils and convet them to MAN fils etc.

I'll not be making any DIY for this , due to the fact that there is so many compleks factores in this proceedure.

But take a look , here is the avidence that is now have been done
Attached Thumbnails Can not be done !-img_0925a.jpg   Can not be done !-img_0931a.jpg  
Old 12-23-2009, 04:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

Originally Posted by BenAnd' post='1078802' date='Dec 23 2009, 07:52 AM
Hi All

I know I have been stating earlyer that this "up-grade" was not possible to do , due to warius software issues , but after a lot of time and effort , I/we have manged to do it "hurra" , what are he talking about ??? , you see earlyer on this forum there have been written a lot about "up-grading" the pre LCI CCC to the LCI CCC ( and pre-M-ASK's to LCI-M-ASK's ) with the 8 direct choise bottons/keys ( in the US only 6 bottons/keys ) , this feture came in early 2008 ( Marts if I remember right )

I have now done this up-grade and all is function , I now only have to get the Voice command function coded , but that should not be a big deal to do , so hope I will get this done in the start of the New Year.

In order to get the front cover fit , I had to also change the IHK ( Klima control unit ) there to the bottons on that unit is not the same size as on the pre-LCI , so the old IHK's botton's where to smal to the LCI front cover ( was looking stupid ).

This is a up-grade that only should be performed by people who have good knowleged to the INPA NCS-expert softweare , and are able to alter TRC fils and convet them to MAN fils etc.

I'll not be making any DIY for this , due to the fact that there is so many compleks factores in this proceedure.

But take a look , here is the avidence that is now have been done

Way cool man, congrats!!!!!
Old 12-26-2009, 10:55 AM
Senior Members

Hi All

Have got some PM's regarding if this "up-grade" also is possible in the E63/64 and the 3 series ( E9x ) , and YES it is also possible in thess models

Happy New Year to all
Old 12-26-2009, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Nice work! Congratulations!!
Old 12-26-2009, 11:38 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

nice!
Old 12-26-2009, 12:00 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i SMG with Limited Slip Differential
Model Year: 2005

So what's new?

Just the 8 buttons?

There is a guy here who did the same.
Old 12-26-2009, 12:31 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

so is the car a 2004 model?
how did you retrofit the shifter?
Old 12-26-2009, 12:45 PM
Senior Members

Hi Alex

Yes "just" the 8 bottons , but the design of the front is way nicer and the Volum botten feels much nicer touching( bigger and with rubber ribbon ,like the "new" I-drive knob and the LCI klima unit bottons ) .

Yes I read that someone did mount a LCI M-ASK , but he just "swaped" it with his old pre-LCI M-ASK , and he did not have to code it , due to that the car the LCI M-ASK came from did have the same functions as his old pre-LCI M-ASK , but if/when he makes a software update ( or for some reason need to code a new function like CD-Changer, I-Pod AUX-in etc. , he will loss the "8 keys" function ( sorry for him ) , and that at best ), and thats becourse he have not coded the car for this type of M-ASK ( and thats not a thing BMW dealerships are able to do ! ) , so if he have to get his car coded ( regulary software update etc. ) he will have to re-mount the old M-ASK in order to get this done , and thats due to the BMW PROGMAN computer will not accept the the LCI M-ASK , and therefor will not perform at coding/update of his car at all before the M-ASK is swapped/replaced.

So what he did , is what I would allow me to call a "half" solution
Old 12-26-2009, 12:51 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by turboawd' post='1080040' date='Dec 26 2009, 10:31 PM
so is the car a 2004 model?
how did you retrofit the shifter?

Hi

It's a 2003 , I'd just did mount the upper part of the LCI gearhandle ,not the hole shifting mechanisme , in the LCI models from 3/2007 it get's electrical , and that is not just something you "just" retrofit , it can be done yes , but it will cost the same a new space shuttel to do , and that is to costly for me , I do just like the look af the handle it self with light in , looks great in the dark
Old 12-26-2009, 01:11 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Sport Package, Black/Grey. Got it July 09.
Model Year: 2004

awesome upgrade! congrats!
i wish you had done a DIY though