E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

BWM Coding

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 09:57 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Two questions.

1. Looking for the cable that will allow me to change codes and also allow for someone to remote in and change codes. Does anyone know where I can get this cable from?

2. Looking for someone who can remote in and change codes. Will be adding CCC nav very soon and will need to have this updated.

I've sent four emails to Bimmer Retro in Canada, but they are ignoring me or are on an extended holiday...

2008 535 LCI
Old 08-22-2011, 10:21 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

there are a few vendors that will send you the cable and remote code for you, rather than you having to buy the cable on your own...

if you really want the cable, get one off ebay..

bmwcoding.com also has a regional section, perhaps you can post there as well to find someone local to you that can help you out...
Old 08-22-2011, 11:55 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

i was in your exact same situation...offered to pay....even found some local idiot who had no idea what he was doing....all to no avail.

ultimately i undertook it myself....searching bmwcoding.com for all the files and recommendations on which cable to buy. after a lot of research and some help from members on this forum i learned how to code my car myself.

if you buy the cable online and get all the equipment...i am more than happy to share the knowledge and links that ive found to get the job done....i did the CCC nav retrofit then decided to step it up to the CIC retrofit (all my parts arrived today YES!)...
Old 08-22-2011, 01:39 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Originally Posted by umichchris
i was in your exact same situation...offered to pay....even found some local idiot who had no idea what he was doing....all to no avail.

ultimately i undertook it myself....searching bmwcoding.com for all the files and recommendations on which cable to buy. after a lot of research and some help from members on this forum i learned how to code my car myself.

if you buy the cable online and get all the equipment...i am more than happy to share the knowledge and links that ive found to get the job done....i did the CCC nav retrofit then decided to step it up to the CIC retrofit (all my parts arrived today YES!)...
NIce, I was really struggling on which nav to do but after discussion felt that the CCC would be the easiest and less headache... I'm getting ready to have a search on this site here shortly but I wold like to keep in touch just in case I run into a problem.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:27 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545i sport
Model Year: 2004

Once you get the interface/cable, the proper BMW proprietary software and getting it all working then you can use VNC to allow remote control of your laptop for someone else to code remotely.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Software: ftp://94.212.182.18/

Hardware: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-I...item45fc69ed96
Old 08-22-2011, 04:50 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
This is where I get nervous... My cars is a 2008 LCI but the actual production date is Sep 2007. This cable says up to 2008. I am assuming it will work. Some cables say up to 2011 so wasn't sure what the difference is.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:55 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2012 535i M-Sport

One thing I have learned during my coding adventure is to trust every link NoQuarter posts - you'll be fine with that cable.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:41 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sublime
One thing I have learned during my coding adventure is to trust every link NoQuarter posts - you'll be fine with that cable.
+1
Old 08-22-2011, 06:19 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to jump in on this post but, I am looking for a good diagnostic program comparable to dealer level access that I can run on my laptop without having to buy the dealer equipment. I have seen the Progman software discs out there that claim to do everything the dealer can. Does anyone have experience with this program? What else is needed in order for it to work properly? How easy is it to set up? What are its limitations? Thanks....

Quick Reply: BWM Coding