E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Buyer Beware of Replicas from The Wheel Exchange

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 08:04 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by ScorpioBMW1' date='Feb 26 2005, 10:57 AM
I had ordered a set of wheels from a company called AAA RIMS to put my winter snows on. I decided to cancel the order the next morning at 9 AM , mind you I placed the order the evening before at 6! Can you believe they told me that I was subject to a 20% re-stocking fee and shipping fees!! That's ridiculous. THere is no way the wheels were shipped that fast. They shipped the wheels anyway and I of course refused the delivery. I'm currently disputing the charge with AMEX.
[snapback]94634[/snapback]

================================================== ===

Hi Scorpio:

Yea I know what you mean, and it seems to me. This sounds like there is more online 3rd Party Wheel Company out there, and is almost becoming a racket! These wheel companies seems that only out for making their big bucks $$$$, but get a customers card number and sell their customer a product of some kind, and to heck with us customers! :'(

But let me get this straight, in your case you never made it that far, they just took your order and credit card number, and even though you canceled it within 24 hrs, they still hit you will their wheel product, and a bill! You are not the first one I heard of a 3rd party wheel company doing this to!

I suppose these replica wheels are good for winter snow tires, or door stops, (Jk LOL), but there is no way I am going to keep the Parallel M's on my new 04 BMW 530i that I purchased from "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE" for my 1'st out summer wheels! I bought them for year around wheels!

In fact I am going to sell these at a big $$$ lost for $495,00 for four new BMW e60 Parallel M wheels, (SEE ABOVE), and purchased me the real thing this time around: 18inch BMW OEM style #37 or #124 wheels, that ALL 4 wheels will match in their appearance.

I have never been treated this way from a 3rd party company before in my life, and I hear many customers speaking out now days, if I would had seen or heard something on the www like my or your posting here at the forum, I would had never done business with: "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE" or now the 3rd party wheel company that did you wrong!

Raymond Presley
Old 02-26-2005, 05:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Presley348' date='Feb 22 2005, 04:57 PM
[quote name='redondoman' date='Feb 22 2005, 01:40 AM'][quote name='Presley348' date='Feb 21 2005, 07:39 PM'][quote name='Presley348' date='Feb 19 2005, 10:14 PM'][quote name='Presley348' date='Feb 18 2005, 08:23 PM'][quote name='Presley348' date='Feb 18 2005, 02:39 PM'][quote name='Rudy' date='Feb 17 2005, 09:53 PM']No matter what the claims are, I don't like the Kleen Wheels "pie plate" concept.

I use P21S when I wash the car myself but unfortunately, I don't do it myself much these days.

The pictures you saw of my car in the gallery are from delivery.? I didn't have any brake dust to remove (yet)...
[snapback]91588[/snapback]
Yea,,,after the $71.50 transaction, I have learned my lesson about "Kleen Wheels", I am with you, I do not like the Kleen Wheels "Pie Plate" looks, although I must give them credit, they do a good job alleviating the BMW excessive brake dust issue.

In fact I cannot find a buyer here at the forum for my old ones, (In picture above), I am either going to add to my "door stop collection", or let my 17 year old have them to play with as "Frisbee" with her friends on Daytona Beach next summer! (Jk LOL)

So you use P21S, I have heard others here at the forum that swears by it saying it is easy to use, and is one excellent wheel cleaner that does not damage the wheel!

I am going to have to see about buying that wheel cleaning product. Right now, I keep mine waxed with the: "The Wheel Wax" , which does help keep down the excessive e60 BMW brake dust from collecting on my wheels, but only until it rains, and the road is wet, and then....its back to the old BMW brake dust issue...I am researching on the www at buying some white ceramic brake pads while supposed to have very little brake dust if any, and supposed to be more stopping power, and no brake Squeals...

Raymond Presley = GA

PS,

Parallel M Wheel update for members hare at the forum who is interested in my problem with my on Parallel M wheel that I purchased from "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE" a few weeks ago,

A Joe made contact with me and I emialed him as requested 4 more wheel pictures, and now he said he is having trouble opening the file, (Sounds like a webmaster problem, huh, LOL) and requested me to seen him more pictures, (SEE BELOW) which I did yesterday, and I have heard nothing back from him yet.

About Chase MasterCard and I can still have time to dispute the charges with: "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE" , and I might have to, but right now I just want another Parallel wheel to mach my other three and not cheapen the looks of my new 2004 E60 530i.

NOTE:
(Insert below is a copy of "Joe's" Email that was sent to me yesterday 2-17-05 @ 16:04hrs from: "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE")

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>"Good afternoon. I tried to open the pictures but it did not work. Please try again so we can solve this."</span>

I replied back to Joe @ "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE", yesterday 2-17-05 @ 16:37hrs, I emailed him today, and I still have not heard anything. (I wiil keep the BMW forums informed on the results???).
[snapback]91833[/snapback]
[/quote]
[snapback]91961[/snapback]
[/quote]

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>I NEED MEMBERS OF THIS BMW FORUM OPINION? </span>

FYI: I am still in email contact with JOE, from "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE" to make a decision on what he is going to do about swapping out that ONE Parallel M wheel they sent me to my residents a few weeks ago, and I have reported the irregularity in Appearance of that ONE different from the other THREE Parallel M Wheels, numerous times by email to "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE", and have not received no answer from them, until this posting at e60 BMW Forum, I will try my best to keep this forum well informed on the outcome.

Remember BMW owners: I am not asking for three Parallel M wheels to be taken back and exchanged to match that one, (In fact other those three not so glossy wheels are the ones I ordered in the first place, not that odd ball looking High gloss Parallel M wheel), but I just requesting for the ONE high gloss Parallel M Wheel, (SEE PICTURE #2 ABOVE), that obivously was sent to me by mistake, to be exchanged out for, with ONE less glossy, to match the other three Parallel M Wheels that are already SONAR wheel balanced and mounted correctly my 2004 BMW 530i, (SEE PICTURES #1, #3, & #4 ABOVE).

Any advice from the e60 BMW owners on how they would handle this situation would be greatly appreciated.

In conclusion: No matter of the outcome, I will try my very best to keep this BMW forum informed with the truth, so maybe no one else will face an adverse situation like the one I have in trying to get an Replica wheel order corrected in a timely matter.

Sincerely,

Raymond Presley
[snapback]92272[/snapback]
[/quote]

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>LATEST EMAIL FROM "JOE" FROM THE WHEEL EXCHANGE" (SEE BELOW).

2-18-05 & 18:44hrs.
</span><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>"I am working on this. I believe that the right rear is the finish it should be. I have had my boys look at ablut 20 or soo of the same wheels and they all are bright such as the right rear. I know you have had these wheels for some time now and another day or so won't matter"</span>

In conclusion:

As I promised the forum I will keep this forum informed of all responses I get from "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE" Remember all I ever wanted was one wheel exchanged for another that matches the other three BMW Parallel M Wheels! ($160.00, and I cannot believe I am have so much trouble getting this on New Parallel M Replica wheel exchanged out for another less "glossy wheel" from: "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE" ) (SEE ABOVE)
[snapback]93004[/snapback]
[/quote]

Just make sure you don't go past 30 days from your original purchase date of screwing around with these guys. It is seems to me they are stalling. After 30 days you cannot open a dispute with your credit card. BTW, what is the name of the company???
[snapback]93049[/snapback]
[/quote]
Hi redondoman:

Thanks for your thoughts and advice. I agree with you, but under most circumstances my Chase MasterCard company dead line to dispute claim from a business is not 30 but 60 days.

This is an ongoing problem that has been properly documented, and we are just waiting for "JOE" at: "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE" email response about making good to me on that one wheel that I was shipped out to me by mistake with my other three Parallel M Wheels, that caused a mis match new set of Parallel M wheels on my new 2004 530i. (You ought to see the looks and questions I get from other the car owners when they see that at the local car shows here in Atlanta area, i.e. I get asked where did you buy those cool looking wheels at?

They tell me they look good, but how come that one wheel don't not match the other three, and where to you get them at BMW? I tell the truth NO, not BMW, but I purchased the new BMW Parallel M wheels from "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE" and we are trying to get that one wheel exchanged, but they are being a little slow, for some reason).

But thanks again for your advice!

Raymond Presley
[snapback]93248[/snapback]
[/quote]

================================================== =

No Response back by "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE" yet, as I was promised!
Old 02-27-2005, 10:42 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Feb 25 2005, 05:28 PM
You're way more patient than me presley.?

Posting here isn't going to get this resolved, get your credit card company involved and you'll most likely see results...
[snapback]94415[/snapback]

Hi Rudy!

Well I tried MasterCard about putting "THE WHEEL ECHANGE" in dispute, but I just missed it only by a few days!

I was told by some of my BMW friends at the local import shop who know about this problem I have with "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE" say they ought to do their customer right, and if nothing else warranty their product for this type of problem, but you and I both know what they think about their customer!

Funny thing,,, now my BMW friends look at my new cleaned and waxed, 2004 e60 BMW 530i with the New "Mis-Matched set of Parallel M Replica wheels" that I purchased in good faith from: "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE" tell me they will never purchase wheels from "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE" , but buy the BMW OEM Wheels instead for their Replica wheels.

All I ever wanted from "JOE" at "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE" was one 166.00 wheel exchanged out for another one that matches the other three Parallel M wheel that the "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE" had sent me wrong in the first place!

You all here at the forum have read at this posting, then the type of response I got back from "JOE"(SEE ABOVE) , when I tried to get "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE" to do the right thing for me, and just swap out a Parallel M wheel, furthermore this is an actual documented problem that has happened to me when I purchased a new set of 18inch Parallel M Replica wheels last month from: "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE", , and I just hope all others who read this forum posting, will think twice before they purchase their new Replica wheels for their fine BMW's! If I had my chance to go over again, I would purchase BMW OEM Wheels from BMW, and not this third party www wheel company that did not take care of me properly, one of their customers and my wheel needs after the sale...So Replica Wheels Customers Beware, and if you do choose to buy from them, I do hope you have better sucess than I did.

Oh well live and learn.

Raymond Presley

PS,

If I can afford to buy some new BMW OEMs I will, and use these BMW Parallel M Replicas as "door stops", unless I can sell them to someone for spare tire or winter set of wheels,,,anybody here at the forum who want's to buy them from me, (SEE ABOVE), at a discounted price, $495.00 for all four Parallel M Replica Wheels, if intersested email me...
Old 02-27-2005, 05:41 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Presley348' date='Feb 27 2005, 03:42 PM
[quote name='Rudy' date='Feb 25 2005, 05:28 PM']You're way more patient than me presley.?

Posting here isn't going to get this resolved, get your credit card company involved and you'll most likely see results...

Hi Rudy!

Well I tried MasterCard about putting "THE WHEEL ECHANGE" in dispute, but I just missed it only by a few days!

I was told by some of my BMW friends at the local import shop who know about this problem I have with "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE" say they ought to do their customer right, and if nothing else warranty their product for this type of problem, but you and I both know what they think about their customer!

Funny thing,,, now my BMW friends look at my new cleaned and waxed, 2004 e60 BMW 530i with the New "Mis-Matched set of Parallel M Replica wheels" that I purchased in good faith from: "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE" tell me they will never purchase wheels from "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE" , but buy the BMW OEM Wheels instead for their Replica wheels.

All I ever wanted from "JOE" at "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE" was one 166.00 wheel exchanged out for another one that matches the other three Parallel M wheel that the "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE" had sent me wrong in the first place!

You all here at the forum have read at this posting, then the type of response I got back from "JOE"(SEE ABOVE) , when I tried to get "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE" to do the right thing for me, and just swap out a Parallel M wheel, furthermore this is an actual documented problem that has happened to me when I purchased a new set of 18inch Parallel M Replica wheels last month from: "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE", , and I just hope all others who read this forum posting, will think twice before they purchase their new Replica wheels for their fine BMW's! If I had my chance to go over again, I would purchase BMW OEM Wheels from BMW, and not this third party www wheel company that did not take care of me properly, one of their customers and my wheel needs after the sale...So Replica Wheels Customers Beware, and if you do choose to buy from them, I do hope you have better sucess than I did.

Oh well live and learn.

Raymond Presley

PS,

If I can afford to buy some new BMW OEMs I will, and use these BMW Parallel M Replicas as "door stops", unless I can sell them to someone for spare tire or winter set of wheels,,,anybody here at the forum who want's to buy them from me, (SEE ABOVE), at a discounted price, $495.00 for all four Parallel M Replica Wheels, if intersested email me...
[snapback]94998[/snapback]
[/quote]

Old 02-28-2005, 12:06 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Presley348' date='Feb 27 2005, 10:41 PM
[quote name='Presley348' date='Feb 27 2005, 03:42 PM'][quote name='Rudy' date='Feb 25 2005, 05:28 PM']You're way more patient than me presley.?

Hi Rudy!

Oh well live and learn.

Raymond Presley

PS,

[/quote]

[snapback]95115[/snapback]
[/quote]
2-28-05 & 15:51hrs.

Hi Joe:

It has been ten days now, and I was just wondering if you have you made up your mind yet how to handle my Parallel M problem? (SEE BELOW)

Email me at: Presley348@aol.com with your answer.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely

Raymond Presley
The last email I got from you:

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>2-18-05 & 18:44hrs."I am working on this. I believe that the right rear is the finish it should be. I have had my boys look at ablut 20 or soo of the same wheels and they all are bright such as the right rear. I know you have had these wheels for some time now and another day or so won't matter"</span>

The wheel in question:

Buyer Beware of Replicas from The Wheel Exchange-2004_bmw_e60_530i_parallel_m_wheels_018.jpg

What I need the wheel to look like: (To match the other three)

Buyer Beware of Replicas from The Wheel Exchange-2004_bmw_e60_530i_parallel_m_wheels_019.jpg
Old 03-01-2005, 06:12 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Presley348' date='Feb 28 2005, 05:06 PM
[quote name='Presley348' date='Feb 27 2005, 10:41 PM'][quote name='Presley348' date='Feb 27 2005, 03:42 PM'][quote name='Rudy' date='Feb 25 2005, 05:28 PM']You're way more patient than me presley.?

Hi Rudy!

Oh well live and learn.

Raymond Presley

PS,

[/quote]

[snapback]95115[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hi Joe:

It has been ten days now, and I was just wondering if you have you made up your mind yet how to handle my Parallel M problem? (SEE BELOW)

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely

Raymond Presley

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>2-18-05 & 18:44hrs."I am working on this. I believe that the right rear is the finish it should be. I have had my boys look at ablut 20 or soo of the same wheels and they all are bright such as the right rear. I know you have had these wheels for some time now and another day or so won't matter"</span>

The wheel in question:

Attachment 5376

What I need the wheel to look like: (To match the other three)

Attachment 5377
[snapback]95348[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hi Joe:

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely

Raymond Presley

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>2-18-05 & 18:44hrs."I am working on this. I believe that the right rear is the finish it should be. I have had my boys look at ablut 20 or soo of the same wheels and they all are bright such as the right rear. I know you have had these wheels for some time now and another day or so won't matter"</span>