E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Brushed Aluminum Kidney Grills

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 10:23 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Default Brushed Aluminum Kidney Grills

I have a British Racing Green E60, and later on, I am planning on getting silver, forged wheels. To keep the color scheme, I was wondering if there are any vendors that sell brushed aluminum kidney grills. If there is already a thread for this, could someone point me in that direction?

Any and all help is appreciated!

Thank You in advance!
Old 01-27-2013, 02:56 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i 6MT

Originally Posted by areddy.36
I have a British Racing Green E60, and later on, I am planning on getting silver, forged wheels. To keep the color scheme, I was wondering if there are any vendors that sell brushed aluminum kidney grills. If there is already a thread for this, could someone point me in that direction?

Thank You in advance!
cant say i've ever seen them.
i would take your kidney grills apart and wrap the outer lip in brushed steel or alum. 3m vinly and reassemble and enjoy
Old 01-28-2013, 08:40 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

+1 I havent seen any brushed aluminum kidney grills. for color scheme, just my opinion and another thought, I always recommend our matte black kidney grills to match with the lower grill of the front bumper and with the shadowline trim (if the vehicle has sport package or was changed) around the windows

Last edited by info@trinityautosport; 01-28-2013 at 08:42 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:03 AM
New Members

My Ride: 530xi

Thanks guys! Appreciate all the advice! Does anyone have an estimate on how much vinyl wrap would cost? Could the existing grills be powder coated by chance?

The color scheme I have in mind involves pairing the dark green with a silver/white color since the top line of the tail lights are clear, the wheels would be a silver color, and the grill would match the rest. What do yall think? I'll upload pics of my car right now soon, hopefully it'll be more clear what I'm intending to do
Old 02-02-2013, 09:00 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i 6MT

Thanks guys! Appreciate all the advice! Does anyone have an estimate on how much vinyl wrap would cost? Could the existing grills be powder coated by chance?

The color scheme I have in mind involves pairing the dark green with a silver/white color since the top line of the tail lights are clear, the wheels would be a silver color, and the grill would match the rest. What do yall think? I'll upload pics of my car right now soon, hopefully it'll be more clear what I'm intending to do
Im pretty sure the slats can all be taken apart and painted.
as far as cost for the material check this link out. I just ordered from them and the shipping and customer service was perfect.
http://stores.ebay.com/AutoVinylSolu...=p4634.c0.m322
maybe $17 and then you'd have extra to play around with. Or perhaps ask around maybe someone here can send you some of their extra. When i finish my interior and if i have some extra i could send some your way. It is brushed steel which is a shade darker than the brushed alum.

Now youve got me thinking to wrap them in carbon fiber would be nice, even just the slats in CF would look nice
Old 02-02-2013, 09:09 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Thank You in advance!
Post a pic of your ride.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:09 PM
Members

My Ride: ///M5

I had brushed gunmetal grills, looked so sick but they got damaged because they were wrapped. Now stickin to my carbon fiber grills and no they arent wrapped, its the real deal, well overlay lol..
Old 02-06-2013, 02:15 AM
Members

Chrome grills can be scuffed up using steel wool to give a brushed finish. Then just spray a clear coat over them to protect the finish!!! Should look good man.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:09 AM
New Members

have you heard of hydrodipping ? i think it would be a good way to get whatever look you want onto the grills.
check the vid to see what i mean
Old 02-06-2013, 04:50 PM
Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2004 525i, Silver Gray Metallic on gray, Logic7,Adaptive Xenons
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

I remember when I first got my E60 I was looking to do the exact same thing with my front grills, similar to those found on the X5. The general answer I got was to paint them. Never got around to it though so unfortunately I have no pictures. I'd do it if I knew exactly what color to get. I want it to match the color BMW uses on their wheels, I've always thought it looked like titanium silver?

Quick Reply: Brushed Aluminum Kidney Grills