E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Bodyside moldings for e60??

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 08:54 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know of bodyside moldings for the e60? Whether you like them or not, they are a necessity for me. And sometimes you can't always find a parking place away from everyone. I'd rather have them.

I've looked at the BMW homepage and didn't see them. Where can I get them?
Old 06-30-2007, 09:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

There are not any for the E60.

The E39 had them but not the E60.

I try to find a spot (or two) away from the front door of any shopping mall etc.

Didn't the Corvettes used to park horisontally in a vertical park, at least in Michigan then did in the early 80's.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

I actually have seen them on an E60 at my local dealer. The manager had them on his 545. Ask your dealer. He should know.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:09 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Argent60' post='441870' date='Jun 30 2007, 12:54 PM
Anyone know of bodyside moldings for the e60? Whether you like them or not, they are a necessity for me. And sometimes you can't always find a parking place away from everyone. I'd rather have them.

I've looked at the BMW homepage and didn't see them. Where can I get them?

I bought a set of magnetic side moldings from Griot's Garage( I think), just in case I couldn't find a parking space away from everybody else. You put them on only when you are parked and feel that you need them. Never had to use them. There was always the concern that if I had to use them, someone would steal them.

Bill
Old 06-30-2007, 11:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

And for the front and rears of parking garages, you can always buy this...

http://www.bumperpad.com/
Old 06-30-2007, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by cmansbimmer' post='441909' date='Jun 30 2007, 03:32 PM
And for the front and rears of parking garages, you can always buy this...

http://www.bumperpad.com/
Looks to me like these things could potentially do more harm than good. Sure, it might prevent a scuff or two but they might also cause some significant surface scratching if applied to a dirty car, etc. Also, if someone were to bump a car on one of those cinching strap buckles, it could put a nice ding in the bumper skin.

Also, are people really going to go to the trouble of installing these things each time they park? For me, it's way easier to park in an out of the way space -- I've had zero door dings in many, many years just be being a bit more patient and choosing a proper place to park...
Old 06-30-2007, 11:55 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530isport packagepremium packageactive steeringxenon hids20mm H&R spacers in the rear6 spd51kpurchase price , 32k back in 2006
Model Year: 2004 530i

and then someone notices you putting it on and they come key your car just to fuck with you..

I'll pass

one of the reasons why I bought the e60 was due to the fact the side profile was so smooth and sleek looking.. putting some moldings on would just kill the cars look in my opinion.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by .:reza:.' post='441920' date='Jun 30 2007, 12:55 PM
and then someone notices you putting it on and they come key your car just to fuck with you..

Exactly... anything out of the ordinary people will think you're too anal and screw you over. Thats why even when I park I try to park far away but inconspicuously... try to pick the correct spot and distance away... its a tough game... too many @$$e$ out there...
Old 06-30-2007, 05:20 PM
Members

My Ride: 520d saloon, manual 6 ratios, olivin metallic, star spoke 122 alloys, delete boot badge, bi-xenon adaptive headlights including washers, graduated tinted windscreen, exterior and interior mirror auto dimming plus electric folding door mirrors, extended light package, dakota beige leather, dark poplar wood, electric seat adjustment including memory function, heated front seats, advanced climate control, velour floor mats, sliding front armrest, lumbar support for front seats.

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='441919' date='Jun 30 2007, 08:53 PM
"For me, it's way easier to park in an out of the way space -- I've had zero door dings in many, many years just be being a bit more patient and choosing a proper place to park"
When you live in a country that's car friendly like the US then that's easy with your ample parking lots. Try that in parts of the UK and you would never park - you've got to grab the first space you see otherwise you may never get another.

Another problem in our car hating nation is that they are still making parking spaces for cars the width they used to be many decades ago when the average size of all our car categories grows with each new model. It's very difficult to open doors now in our narrow parking bays without touching the car next door - or the less careful amongst us bang rather than touch. :thumbsdown:

Of course population versus size of country probably has a lot to do with our lack of adequate car parking space.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by dawi' post='442001' date='Jun 30 2007, 09:20 PM
When you live in a country that's car friendly like the US then that's easy with your ample parking lots. Try that in parts of the UK and you would never park - you've got to grab the first space you see otherwise you may never get another.

Another problem in our car hating nation is that they are still making parking spaces for cars the width they used to be many decades ago when the average size of all our car categories grows with each new model. It's very difficult to open doors now in our narrow parking bays without touching the car next door - or the less careful amongst us bang rather than touch. :thumbsdown:

Of course population versus size of country probably has a lot to do with our lack of adequate car parking space.
You make perfect sense -- I think the best thing for you to do now is to move to the USA! Come on over, we'll treat you nicely and you won't have to worry so much about door dings!

Quick Reply: Bodyside moldings for e60??