E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

BMW individual after delivery (retrofit)

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 07:59 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Okay, I'm back from my honeymoon and it was great!!! Now it is time to get back to business and hang around this forum as much as possible to read back on 3 weeks of topics (luv it!)

When I ordered my car I was thinking to get an individual woodtrim. Since I needed my car fast the dealer advised me not to do this because the car would be delivered 2 months later due to the individual options. Does anybody know if you can get it retrofited?

I also asked the dealer if there would be modelchanges voor MY2005. He assured me that there wouldn't be big changes for the 5 series. Now I read that 2005 models are getting extra wood and that some plastic peaces in the interior are being upgraded to more luxerious materials because they look to cheap for an 85.000 euro car.

What shall I do??? Confront the dealer at the delivery and ask them to put the new pieces on the car. Or are the above mentioned changes minor??

TIA!!! Glad to be back
Old 07-26-2004, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

The BMW Individual wood inserts can't be ordered if you don't have a BWM Individual package with the car. I don't think they retrofit any cars with Individual packages.
But I am thinking about a retrofit of wooden inserts as soon as they become available for the center console (area around the cd and dvd drives), because I think (just like you) it looks too cheap.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:08 AM
Contributors

Glad you had a great time on your Vacation. Welcome back.
I do not have Individual Wood trim but if you need wood trim I have some I need to get rid of. I wnated Titanium and got wood instead. So now I have a bunch of Wood pieces I can't use.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Thanks for you replies. I have the popular woodtrim, but liked an individual woodtrim more (more like a cherrywood red look).

I want the extra wood around the cd-slots as soon as it is available. The more wood the better. The wood in an Mercedes E-class looks sooo nice with the little chrome touches I wish bmw would offer something similar.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:13 AM
Contributors

Gotcha, not very familiar with the individual package. Didn't even know about it until after I ordered my car.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:36 AM
Senior Members

When does a 5er become Individual? I remember that when we ordered our 2002 E39 535i, we waited about two or three months extra just in order to get a manual transmission instead of the standard automatic. The manual was not listed in any brochures etc. as an option. The interior or other parts of the car didn't bear any Individual signs or features.. however the exterior of the doors had the individual finish/high gloss finish combined with chrome. Was the car an individual? Can't recall that we paid much extra for getting the manual.

-paasan
Old 07-26-2004, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator

You need to buy a special package to make the car a BMW Individual.
Special leather, special wood, wheels, door sills (lighted BMW Individual)...
That makes a bimmer an individual...
Old 07-26-2004, 11:08 AM
Contributors

exactly. There was an individual 5er at a dealer in a city nearby. I went to check it out. The only thing I liked was the chrome windowsurroundings that were replaced by glossyblack ones in stead of the normal black ones. The wheels, the leather and the pianocolor on the doorhandles were not that special to me (I found the individual wheels mounted on that car plain ugly btw).
Old 07-26-2004, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Jul 26 2004, 09:08 PM
The only thing I liked was the chrome windowsurroundings that were replaced by glossyblack ones in stead of the normal black ones.
Thats even a regular option in Germany. It's called "shadow line individual", since it's taken from the BMW Individual program.
I've got that on mine and like it very much better than the regular shadow line.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:19 AM
Contributors

In the UK you can only delete the chrome and end up with the non-gloss

Quick Reply: BMW individual after delivery (retrofit)