5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/)
-   -   BMW CODING in OH (https://5series.net/forums/e60-e61-parts-accessories-mods-22/bmw-coding-oh-121425/)

brendinernst 02-26-2012 10:28 AM

If there is anyone in Ohio that wants their car coded I can help you out. I drive a E60 530i and have programmed the following to my car:

Open & Close windows with key fob.
Activate headlights with key fob (Pathway Lighting).
Allow fog lights and brights to be on at the same time.
Remove disclaimer from iDrive.
Shut off seatbelt dong.

This is just what I have chosen to do with my car but I can do anything. Get a hold of me if you need something done. Name is Brendin text or call 937-430-6807.

boogied 02-27-2012 06:26 PM

What else can be programmed? I already have windows open with key fob bit not sure if they go up while using it.

aametzger 03-11-2012 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by brendinernst (Post 1422701)
If there is anyone in Ohio that wants their car coded I can help you out. I drive a E60 530i and have programmed the following to my car:

Open & Close windows with key fob.
Activate headlights with key fob (Pathway Lighting).
Allow fog lights and brights to be on at the same time.
Remove disclaimer from iDrive.
Shut off seatbelt dong.

This is just what I have chosen to do with my car but I can do anything. Get a hold of me if you need something done. Name is Brendin text or call 937-430-6807.

I am interested in talking about this.
I keep my laptop bag on my passenger seat while driving and because it's too heavy my passenger seatbelt dong is constantly going off.
Is there a way to turn off the volume speed control?
What about increasing the input volume of the builtin Sirius, it's noticeably lower volume compared to the cd player..
I can't pm yet, so email me from my profile.

Thanks
Tony

pentiumpush 09-05-2013 02:34 PM

I'm in Cincy. I have NCS Expert and have successfully coded AUX to the car. Still looking to do a bunch more, particularly the disclaimer. I can do the coding myself, just wondering if you have any tips as to the disclaimer. I am wondering if I have to code each feature separately or if I can code multiple features at the same time.

andymax 09-06-2013 03:22 AM

I may well be interested in getting a few things coded. Our main office is in Springboro, so next time I'm there maybe I can arrange something with you. What hours would you typically be available?

silverfbimmer 09-06-2013 11:56 AM

What are the other possiblities with this. I havent heard much of it, however I can put my windows down from the fob and I have pathway lighting etc

pentiumpush 09-23-2013 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by silverfbimmer (Post 1518418)
What are the other possiblities with this. I havent heard much of it, however I can put my windows down from the fob and I have pathway lighting etc

you can do a lot of different things with coding. i have successfully coded comfort close via the key fob, gotten rid of the startup disclaimer, activated the aux input, activated dab, weatherband, and independent heating for parked car operation. coding is really useful for retrofits (like aux input) so you don't need to go to the dealership and waste money. you can also check error codes, clear them, and check the active running condition of your engine and modules with INPA.

ma_tty_d 09-23-2013 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by aametzger (Post 1426556)
I am interested in talking about this.
I keep my laptop bag on my passenger seat while driving and because it's too heavy my passenger seatbelt dong is constantly going off.
Is there a way to turn off the volume speed control?
What about increasing the input volume of the builtin Sirius, it's noticeably lower volume compared to the cd player..
I can't pm yet, so email me from my profile.

Thanks
Tony

Hey Tony,

In regards to my car i programmed the CAPPL unit ----
LEGAL_DISCL NICHT_AKTIV

that did the trick

but i think on your car its different, this thread could help:

Remove / skip 'legal disclaimer' startup screen on the Nav display.

I also read that downgrading the software via DVD, then reinstalling the software via DVD does the trick, or setting it to europe.

hope this helps

paramenace 11-18-2015 07:58 AM

Hi guys, looking for some help getting my 2013 E70 coded; i'm in Columbus OH

Impac 11-18-2015 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by pentiumpush (Post 1518339)
I'm in Cincy. I have NCS Expert and have successfully coded AUX to the car. Still looking to do a bunch more, particularly the disclaimer. I can do the coding myself, just wondering if you have any tips as to the disclaimer. I am wondering if I have to code each feature separately or if I can code multiple features at the same time.

If you have Nav go into CAPPL if you dont have NAV go i to MASK only problem is if u have MASK most-likely your K-Dcan cable will not allow you to enter MASK module you will need ICOM for that
CAPPL/MASK LEGAL_DISCL set it to nicht_aktiv