E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

BMW Child Seats Colors

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 01:14 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys, I am on the point of buying two ISOFIX child seats and I cannot figure out the colors of the original BMW Child Seats.
I have trufflebrown interiors and I wouldn't like to have blue or gray seats.
Do you have suggestion to look at?
Do you have any picture of the Grau-Zimt combo?
Thanks
Luca
Old 10-31-2005, 08:48 AM
Members

My Ride: 530D SE Arrived 24 Sept 2003 Olivin Metallic, Dakota Black Leather, Active Steering, Automatic Gearbox, Adaptive Headlights, Alloy Wheels 122, Auto-Dim Int + Folding Ext, Dynamic Drive, Through Load System, Lumbar Support - fr seats, Xenon Headlamps, Space Saver With Jack, BMW 6 Disc CD Changer, Maple Wood

I've got two ISOFIX seats one in light blue with some pattern on it and the other in F1 coulors (Blue/White). You can get a catalogue from your diler with all pictures. Saets are very nice - comfortable and easy-washable. Have experience with other types of seats and say that ISOFIX is definitly a good buy.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:22 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Silver Grey 550i (est delivery 12/06) Auburn / Poplar Interior / Anthracite headliner M body aero kit/ sport/ sound/ comfort access/ comfort seats/ sunshade/ sat radio

Where can I find a e60 accessories catalog online? Are these baby seats made for the E60?
Old 11-03-2005, 11:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 530i 05 M-technic Silvergrey whith beige dakotaleather

Look at Britax I have black whith beige that matches my beige leather
Old 11-07-2005, 12:50 AM
Members

Originally Posted by wowe' post='193056' date='Nov 3 2005, 10:28 PM
I was reading the messages regarding the child seat ISOFIX for bMW E60 and most of them recommend BRITAX DUO PLUS. I supposed that is the same than the ROEMER DUO PLUS ISOFIX. However, in the car compatibility list BMW Serie 5 does not appear.

I want to get DUO plus ISOFIX for my E60 but I have a lot of doubts due to the car compatibility list. Is it a good choice despite the car compatibility list??

Best regards

Pepe
Old 11-07-2005, 02:17 AM
Contributors

If you look at the new German list on there site its compatibility whith e60. If you still doubt just call Britax international and ask. I can highly recomend duo plus(isofix) good quality and no ratling sound but maybe a bit smaller than King Ts plus(not isofix).

ps King Ts plus is also very good but have a bit of ratling sound
Old 11-08-2005, 02:45 AM
Members

Originally Posted by wowe' post='194540' date='Nov 7 2005, 12:17 PM
If you look at the new German list on there site its compatibility whith e60. If you still doubt just call Britax international and ask. I can highly recomend duo plus(isofix) good quality and no ratling sound but maybe a bit smaller than King Ts plus(not isofix).

ps King Ts plus is also very good but have a bit of ratling sound
Thank you for your answer.
I will follow your recomendation. But only one question, What web page are you talking about?.
I have just access http://www.britax-roemer.de/, but still seeing the same car compatibility list that only mention BMW series 1.

Best Regards
Pepe
Old 11-09-2005, 01:44 PM
Contributors

Hi again Pepe :) The list i?am talking about is based on the Isofix baby safe plus isofix. That list is updated and the other isn?t but it is the same connection to the isofix system that what they told me from Britax. I have securd my car seat to isofix+the belt and you can also put a extra belt Top thaether. Good luck

ps I bougt my car seat 3 months ago
Old 11-10-2005, 12:36 AM
Members

Originally Posted by wowe' post='195911' date='Nov 9 2005, 11:44 PM
Hi again Pepe The list i?am talking about is based on the Isofix baby safe plus isofix. That list is updated and the other isn?t but it is the same connection to the isofix system that what they told me from Britax. I have securd my car seat to isofix+the belt and you can also put a extra belt Top thaether. Good luck

ps I bougt my car seat 3 months ago
Thank you very much. I am going to buy the baby seat this week.

Best regards
Pepe
Old 11-10-2005, 04:43 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by alfamlap' post='194518
I was reading the messages regarding the child seat ISOFIX for bMW E60 and most of them recommend BRITAX DUO PLUS. I supposed that is the same than the ROEMER DUO PLUS ISOFIX. However, in the car compatibility list BMW Serie 5 does not appear.

I want to get DUO plus ISOFIX for my E60 but I have a lot of doubts due to the car compatibility list. Is it a good choice despite the car compatibility list??

Best regards

Pepe
[/quote]

I have both the BMW seat and the Roemer Duo Plus (the BMW one in my wife's X5 and the Roemer in my E60). the Duo fits the E60 just fine, For ease of installation I would recommend the ISOFIX Installation guide from your BMW dealer (Part no: 52 20 0144 046). You can see this in the following link: >>>>>Click Here<<<<<.

I have the Zimt/Grau color and I can post a picture when I get back to the US next week (I am on a business trip now).

The BMW seat is great and has a longer usable age range than the Roemer does. However, one big disadvantage that it has is not being able to recline enough for a chid to rest his head while sleeping. It does have two back rest positions, but even the one which is the most "reclined" one is way too upright. Whenever my son falls asleep in the chair his head sometimes falls forward in awkward and uncomfortable positions. On the other hand the Roemer has an easy way to recline the seat by grabbing and squeezing a handle at the front, and then adjusting the position. It is a very limited amount of reclineability compared to our non-ISOFIX Roemer King, which has a great range of adjustability, but still good.

The Roemer Duo is a bit harder to install and remove than the BMW ISOFIX seat. Also, a BIG disadvantage of the Roemer is that it makes A LOT of clicking noises while the car is in motion while the BMW seat is silent.

Quick Reply: BMW Child Seats Colors