E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

BMS Powerbox installed

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 01:45 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

So basically, the installation instructions were VERY straightforward. It took me well under an hour from start to finish. No error codes and everything seems perfect. BMS says it will take 2-3 days before maximum performance is realized due to the ECU "learning" the new map. So I will report back in a couple of days and let you know.

BTW, I ordered it 2 days ago and it got to my door today with normal shipping. SICK!

I have a good number of pictures for anyone interested. Mind you, my engine bay is full of sand due to yesterdays winds here in El Paso so if you talk about me I will wish you the same winds LOL.

Next Mod, installations of the Ultra Racing bars. It has been something like a year or more since I ordered them. I cant remember but I just dug them out of my garage and got all exited again. Hopefully I get them in tomorrow.

Tonymac
Old 04-28-2011, 01:49 PM
Senior Members

welcome to the club! enjoy the ride! congrats on the mod
Old 04-28-2011, 04:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

BTW, I just tested the Velocity booster with the BMS Power box. They work together even when the BMS is put on selection three. I did it over and over again.

My test
1. I switched the BMS to selection 7 (Map with no throttle map) and turned the velocity booster on. Worked like normal. I drove around running errands for a couple of hours.
2. I switched the BMS to selection 3 (Map + throttle map) to compare it to the Velocity booster. Velocity booster was switched off. The throttle map worked great.
3. With the BMS on selection 3 I switched on the Velocity booster to map three and WOW! It snapped me back like it never did before. I was skeptical so I turned off the Velocity booster and there was a significant drop in response.
4. I kept the vehicle in the exact same configuration and while on the move, I kept my foot on the gas while at around 4 on the RPM and switched the Velocity booster on... It worked like a charm.

Myth dispelled. Velocity booster works in conjunction with the BMS Powerbox on level three and 7.

Tonymac
Old 04-28-2011, 04:59 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

It will work together, yes, but now to test how far do you press the pedal to get WOT with different settings. I guess you would need a track or closed road for that to do it safely.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:28 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by balbs
It will work together, yes, but now to test how far do you press the pedal to get WOT with different settings. I guess you would need a track or closed road for that to do it safely.
I need a track indeed!!!

If I were to section off the gas pedal into tenths, I was only pressing about 2/10 holding it steady when I turned on the VB. I have not tested much yet as I only get to try on the interstate 10 right now. Dont want to go too fast trying something out.

Old 04-28-2011, 06:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by tonymac
BTW, I just tested the Velocity booster with the BMS Power box. They work together even when the BMS is put on selection three. I did it over and over again.

My test
1. I switched the BMS to selection 7 (Map with no throttle map) and turned the velocity booster on. Worked like normal. I drove around running errands for a couple of hours.
2. I switched the BMS to selection 3 (Map + throttle map) to compare it to the Velocity booster. Velocity booster was switched off. The throttle map worked great.
3. With the BMS on selection 3 I switched on the Velocity booster to map three and WOW! It snapped me back like it never did before. I was skeptical so I turned off the Velocity booster and there was a significant drop in response.
4. I kept the vehicle in the exact same configuration and while on the move, I kept my foot on the gas while at around 4 on the RPM and switched the Velocity booster on... It worked like a charm.

Myth dispelled. Velocity booster works in conjunction with the BMS Powerbox on level three and 7.

Tonymac
First welcome to the club.

Second, I hope its not an overkill with the Velocity booster and the BMS, you should know in about 5k miles if you burn the sensors to begin with.

Goodluck
Old 04-28-2011, 06:17 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by TheRacerBoss
First welcome to the club.

Second, I hope its not an overkill with the Velocity booster and the BMS, you should know in about 5k miles if you burn the sensors to begin with.

Goodluck
Let's hope not lol. But I do not mind being the guinea pig
Old 04-28-2011, 09:05 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

sounds like your shoulder is feeling better if your installing a few mods, with ease
Old 04-28-2011, 09:22 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Congrats on the proper mod, Tones!

Good to see your shoulder is better too
Old 04-28-2011, 09:36 PM
Contributors

Oh yes! My shoulder is doing great. The physical therapist told me that I was weeks ahead of where I should be. What can I say... I am a Ninja.

My scar looks a little like... well, let me show you

Quick Reply: BMS Powerbox installed