E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Blue AngeliBright halo's in NYC

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007 | 05:44 AM
Members

My Ride: 05 titanium grey/black leather e60

Hey I was interested in getting the blue halo's that AngeliBright offers however I was worried if these are illegal in NYC? If it was up to me I wouldn't say that they are because they basically are as blue as 8000k/10000k HID bulbs and those are almost on every other car here in NYC.. But does anybody know for sure whether they are or aren't? Also, for those in NYC who have the blue halo's, have u ever got into aproblem with the law over them?
I was planning on doing the blue halo's with a 8000k fog light HID kit.. Thanks in advance
Old 11-29-2007 | 06:11 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Cadillac XLR // Silver with Black Interior 2002 Lincoln LS // Silver with Grey Interior [En Route] 2008 Black Sapphire Metallic 535xi // Black Nasca Leather // 18" Star Spoke Wheels // Sport, Premium & Cold Pkg // Bamboo Anthracite Trim & Headliner // Comfort Access // Head-up Display // Navigation // Logic 7 // HD Radio // Ipod // Sunshades

Originally Posted by OoBALLERoO' post='500579' date='Nov 29 2007, 09:44 AM
Hey I was interested in getting the blue halo's that AngeliBright offers however I was worried if these are illegal in NYC? If it was up to me I wouldn't say that they are because they basically are as blue as 8000k/10000k HID bulbs and those are almost on every other car here in NYC.. But does anybody know for sure whether they are or aren't? Also, for those in NYC who have the blue halo's, have u ever got into aproblem with the law over them?
I was planning on doing the blue halo's with a 8000k fog light HID kit.. Thanks in advance
A true baller wouldn't worry if they are legal or not I've heard of people getting tickets for them but this was a while back. So many people have them now that they shouldn't bother you for it. If you get pulled over for something else and the cop wants to be a d*ck he might hit you with that as well. As far as a definitive answer to your question I don't know if they are truly illegal or not.
Old 11-29-2007 | 08:56 AM
Members

My Ride: Fully Loaded Monaco Blue 550i Sport

Don't get the blue angel eyes because i'm getting them :x

But really,you are going to attract attention from the cops and if they want to be dicks they will pull you over for the lights...

I had blue turn signals all around and blue angel eyes on my E39 and i got pulled over and got issued tickets for tail lights,sidemarkers and headlights.
Old 11-29-2007 | 09:40 AM
Members

My Ride: 05 titanium grey/black leather e60

yeah i understand what you mean about cops being d*cks.. on my current e60 i have blacked out tails and smoked headlights with limo tinted windows and i havent got pulled over YET.. its been about 3,4 months.. oh and i also have blue turn signals in the back.. nothing yet.. i think i may just go ahead with the blue halos fff*ccckkkk ittt.. if they pull me over i'll just plead not guilty, put back the regular bulbs, take pics, and go to court with them and win =D
Old 11-29-2007 | 11:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Hey Baller,

if you want Blue front turn signals, do this,

LED Front Turn signals.

And also... do this...

Quad tip exhaust....

Enjoy! hope to see you around in NYC.

MK
Old 11-29-2007 | 11:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i

On another note regarding NYPD,

Some cop actually held up traffic, he stops right in middle of intersection going opposite way, while i'm waiting for traffic to open up so I can make a left turn.

He rolls down his window and tells me to roll down my window.

Me and my G/F are like, oh crap, am I going to get a ticket for my tints, lights, or something?

He in turn asks,

Cop: Where did you get those lights from? *pointing at my headlight* Are those factory? Or did you order them?

Me: They are from Europe, but they are OEM.

Cop: I've got the same car and your lights look really nice.

Me: Thanks.....

Cop: *Driving away* I want to get one of those sets... And you should lower your car...

Me: Ummm.. It is lowered! *as the cop is driving away*

Afterwards me and my g/f were still like, WTF...

So yea... Don't worry about it. =) Get them lights!!
Old 11-29-2007 | 11:59 AM
Members

My Ride: 06 Z4 Montego Blue, 07 530i Monaco Blue

The BLUE Angel iBright V3.0 are very, very bright and look amazing. Go for it!

Give us a call if you have any questions.
Old 11-29-2007 | 12:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F10 535I
Model Year: 2016

Dude, dont worry about the tickets, I have 20000k Bulbs top and bottom and they are royal blue and I've never had a problem driving like that for like 6 months now.
Old 11-29-2007 | 02:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 5series

Dude,heres my story this happend last week around 8 PM, so I was going to starbucks right, btw i live in northern Virginia metropolitan area (near D.C.), and i get pulled over for my blue led lisence plate bulbs and got another ticket for my blue fogs, he even made me turn on my other lights to make sure i didnt have any other illegal bulbs, and then he f***kn searched my car, and made me wait outside in the cold for like 30 minutes, i hate cops, he did this infront of everybody treating me like a criminal or something. Otherwise i had them on for about a month, but i was very unlucky that day. :thumbsdown:
Old 11-29-2007 | 03:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by bimmer530iguy' post='500804' date='Nov 29 2007, 06:51 PM
Dude,heres my story this happend last week around 8 PM, so I was going to starbucks right, btw i live in northern Virginia metropolitan area (near D.C.), and i get pulled over for my blue led lisence plate bulbs and got another ticket for my blue fogs, he even made me turn on my other lights to make sure i didnt have any other illegal bulbs, and then he f***kn searched my car, and made me wait outside in the cold for like 30 minutes, i hate cops, he did this infront of everybody treating me like a criminal or something. Otherwise i had them on for about a month, but i was very unlucky that day. :thumbsdown:
The white LED's are standard on Lexus! Does that cop pull over every Lexus that passes him buy? What a jackass. He's just jealous of our cruisers versus his cruiser.

Quick Reply: Blue AngeliBright halo's in NYC