E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Blend Mount- J28 Design Inc.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 01:17 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 E60 550i Black/Sand. Dinan free flow intake, throttle body, carbon fiber strut brace, and exhaust. Carbon fiber engine cover. Blend mount for a Belltronics RD w/mirror tap. Smoke LED taillights. Projector fog-lites w/HID kit.
Default Blend Mount- J28 Design Inc.

Justbwanted to take a minute and pass on some good info. Recently I heard about Blend Mount and its clean appearence when compared to the standard windshield suction cup mount and aftermarket dash mounts. I did some shopping arround and eventually found that Blend Mount only sells to BMW owners through their website. From what I understand its because of the differences between the styles of mirror from one model car to the next. Either way, when I decided to get it there was a disparegy between offers for the model I needed and models for other cars, as well as other pricing differences i wasnt satisfied with when compared to purchasing through a third party seller. I wrote an email complaining of the differences with absolutely no expectation of satisfaction. I recieved a response firsthing the next morning, had my concearns validated, and was given the marketed deal that was offered elswhere along with consideration as a valued customer and some other material compensation to ensure my satisfaction and repeat business, and they did this, I would think, under the understanding that people dont buy their products over and over again like consumable items. Their customer service VP, Frank, was a cool cat, and seemed to be concearned with my satisfaction. I appreciate good customer service and applaud great customer service, thats why I'm writing this. If you're considering their product I'm confident you'll be well taken care of.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:27 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i

I also bought this mount for my Valentine One. Frank Had me take pictures of the Mirror to make sure I was getting the correct mount. At first i thought the price was high.. but after I had it in my hands and installing it.. I was very happy with it.. The angle how the Detector sits under the mirror is perfect!
Old 03-19-2013, 05:59 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2007 E60 550i Black/Sand. Dinan free flow intake, throttle body, carbon fiber strut brace, and exhaust. Carbon fiber engine cover. Blend mount for a Belltronics RD w/mirror tap. Smoke LED taillights. Projector fog-lites w/HID kit.

just installed the mirror tap, stellar look, i cant convey my satisfaction with not having a dangling curly wire from my mirror anymore. FYI on the DIY. shen you take off the 2pc. cover theres a control module underneath. as the module sticks to the windshiield the plug on the top has about 8-10 wires, all the way to the right are the heavyest guage wires(1 yellow and a black), all the way to the left are a black/red striped wire and a brown wire. black/red is the +12v when the cars standby electrcity is on, the brown is available neg. i had to take of the jack pins, strip the wire down to 3/8", tin with soldering iron to stiffen it up, and they slid right in. a couple mini zip ties and after the reassembly its amazing. it took some time to get everything back into place nice and tight, but its worth the time. very clean looking.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:05 AM
New Members

Default Final Install Complete

Some pics of the completed install with a beltronics RD
Attached Thumbnails Blend Mount- J28 Design Inc.-hardwire3.jpg   Blend Mount- J28 Design Inc.-hardwire2.jpg   Blend Mount- J28 Design Inc.-hardwire1.jpg  
Old 03-19-2013, 06:47 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i

Worth every penny! looks great!
Old 03-20-2013, 09:31 PM
New Members

Agreed!! and thanks, best $140 ive spent on my car yet, i wish every bell and whistle could have the same cost/benefit ratio. only other thing that comes close so far has been the projector fogs w/HID kit, i barely even use my high beams anymore, and because they're projectors i never get flashed by oncoming traffic, an all to often annoyance with the OEM fogs and HID kit.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:56 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545 6MT

what was the model that fits our mirrors? Too many options on their site.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:12 PM
New Members

here ya go...
Attached Thumbnails Blend Mount- J28 Design Inc.-2013-03-22-10.42.52.jpg