E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Black Kidney Grill

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 05:05 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='838324' date='Apr 6 2009, 08:31 PM
As said before, cheap eBay stuff is hit or miss. I guess your lucky
With all due respect, this is BS - I've NEVER heard of anyone getting a bad matte black grille from eBay.

And btw I do have one myself. So you'll excuse me if I refuse to overpay by $90 (what's that, like 400%?) on a $30 item. Same goes for all the replica spoilers, etc - its all POS (Power Of Suggestion, not the other POS) - your perceived quality will "feel" better if you pay more, because of that age-old adage "you get what you pay for"... I think I've said enough...

Well, ok, one last thing: in some cases, where it comes to quality of material, such as carbon fiber, it might be justified to pay more, because there are different methods to make parts out of carbon fiber and some are simply more costly. Therefore, you pay for quality of the material. In some cases - such as it is with, say, Dinan - you pay for the craftsmanship and PROVEN reliability... I think, I'll leave this without a punchline...
Old 04-06-2009, 06:17 PM
Members

My Ride: e60
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by 530goinon850' post='838346' date='Apr 6 2009, 08:05 PM
With all due respect, this is BS - I've NEVER heard of anyone getting a bad matte black grille from eBay.

And btw I do have one myself. So you'll excuse me if I refuse to overpay by $90 (what's that, like 400%?) on a $30 item. Same goes for all the replica spoilers, etc - its all POS (Power Of Suggestion, not the other POS) - your perceived quality will "feel" better if you pay more, because of that age-old adage "you get what you pay for"... I think I've said enough...

Well, ok, one last thing: in some cases, where it comes to quality of material, such as carbon fiber, it might be justified to pay more, because there are different methods to make parts out of carbon fiber and some are simply more costly. Therefore, you pay for quality of the material. In some cases - such as it is with, say, Dinan - you pay for the craftsmanship and PROVEN reliability... I think, I'll leave this without a punchline...
worthy of consideration: loxapine, flupenthixol, haldo, perphenazine, chlorpromazine, and/or prolixin...
Old 04-06-2009, 06:21 PM
Contributors

Trinity
Old 04-06-2009, 06:30 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i * SMG * Sport * Premium * Cold * Nav * Logic 7 * 6-Disc * HUD * Comfort Seats * Sprint Booster * M-Tech Body Kit * 20" AC Schnitzer Type III Racing Wheels * Black Out Front Grille * Black/Silver Carbon Fiber Roundels * AC Schnitzer Trunk/Roof Spoilers * AC Schnitzer Billet Pedals
Thumbs down

I've got to put in a vote for JBSpeed. His stuff is great and so is the service!
Old 04-06-2009, 07:25 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by 530goinon850' post='838346' date='Apr 6 2009, 09:05 PM

Good for you, I guess your lucky also
A friend of mine ordered a black grill for his E90 on eBay, and guess what...it didn't fit.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:33 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 530i premium package/active steering/auto sunshade/tiag/black dakota leather/logic 7 35% tint all around 19' DPE GT7

I got mine from trinity just received it today can't wait to install
Old 04-06-2009, 07:42 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by cleung' post='838479' date='Apr 6 2009, 11:33 PM
I got mine from trinity just received it today can't wait to install
Post pics after your done!
Old 04-06-2009, 07:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='837317' date='Apr 5 2009, 07:59 PM
Ebay is hit or miss in regards to grills. Contact member Trinity Autosport for OEM quality matte black grills. They offer the option of paint matched grills as well. http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showuser=16681
+1 very true!
Old 04-06-2009, 08:58 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 335i, Jet Black / Terra Dakota, 15k miles

Another recommendation for Trinity Autosport. Got my matte black grills from them and they were OEM quality and fit perfect.

And to the guy who thinks that ebay is not "hit or miss" and that people "feel better paying more" has no idea what he's talking about. Most vendors on this forum specialize in the e60 market thusly they have more knowledge and experience with these cars. You are not paying more for the same product, you are paying more for a product of higher quality that has been tested and you know will work/fit perfect. And if there is a problem, they typically do everything in their power to fix the problem, unlike eBay members who simply take the - feedback and move on. Trust me I am a long time ebay buyer/seller and see the deals everyday, but at the end of the day I like to do things right the first time, because buying a cheap product that doesn't work results in more money from your pocket.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:06 PM
Senior Members

Trinity.
Great product and quick shipping.

Quick Reply: Black Kidney Grill