E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

BEWARE when buying wheels from"THE WHEEL EXCHANGE"

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005 | 05:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by speedracerF4i' date='Feb 16 2005, 08:14 PM
After looking at the pictures, I would say that pic #2 looks way more polished than the other 3. I like the other 3's finish better IMO.

By the way, why didn't you return the wheels when you first got it?? Did the wheels already come with the tires mounted?
[snapback]91055[/snapback]

===========================================

Hi speedracerF4i:

I appreciate your response to my wheel issue problem, and I am glad that you can see the same thing I do looking at my new Parallel M wheels everyday, with wheel #2 being different from the other three. I just hope Joe at "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE" will see it too, and swap that one wheel outfor me.

I agree with you, I like the other three far better, than that one shiny #2 Parallel M wheel!

You know we BMW owners need to stick together at times i.e. with these wheel problems I am now facing from: "The Wheel EXCHANGE",, that I am now trying to get straighten out without costing me anymore money $$! I have been trying to return the new Parallel Ms to "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE" from the day when they were SONAR balanced, when Glen the BMW Mechanic brought it to my attention, and with All my many sent emails/letters about this problem, I got no response from "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE" until today.

The wheel cost $160.00 and it might not seem much to some, but to me it is, and I would think a company worth their salt would try to satisfy their customers, so they will have repeat business in the future, and word of mouth that will help their wheel sales.

Other than that appearance and balancing problem, the BMW Parallel M Replica Wheel seems to be a good wheel! On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give the BMW 18inch Parallel M Replica Wheel that I purchased from: "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE" an 7 right now, but only after the SONAR balancing at the local import shop where I live. Now on my dealings with "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE" a 10+ before the sale and a -1 after the sale (at this time).

*NOTE:
I am trying to be fair as I can with :"THE WHEEL EXCHANGE", I posted here at the forum in hopes that no one else faces what I faced with buying their new Parallel M wheels from "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE", and I do hope they will do the right thing for their Parallel M wheel customer after the sale.

By the way I just bought the Parallel M Replica wheels from: "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE" in good faith, and bought my new TOYO Proxes 4 tires from Kauffman Tire Company here in Atlanta area, and had them installed there and try to balanced them with their Hunter GSP 9700 with Road force, and the 2nd attempt tring to balance them and with no sucess, the Kauffman store manager drove my new 04 e60 530i over to the local import shop and had them SONAR balanced, and that did solve the steering wheel vibration problem at 45 to 55 MPH.

In conclusion I will be posting the results from Joe just as soon as he calls me from "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE" (I am just asking for the one wheel to be exchange for another one to match my other three on my new 2004 BMW E60 530i). Feel free to contact me if you have anymore questions about my experience with replica wheels.

Sincerely,

Raymond Presley
Old 02-16-2005 | 08:21 PM
Contributors

Oh, sorry for the mixup. Confusing thread to read though.
Old 02-17-2005 | 11:23 AM
Members

Question

Originally Posted by heezy545i' date='Feb 17 2005, 01:21 AM
Oh, sorry for the mixup.? Confusing thread to read though.
[snapback]91156[/snapback]

mr. presley,

Today I was thinking about buying a set of wheels from that same company, and I read the problems you have with them. have you had any luck with them yet? have they been back in touch yet?

I am going to hold off from buying my set of wheels from them, I do not need those kind of headaches after the sale, from an company on the www!!!

Thanks, and please keep my posted on what they will do for you, by the way you are not the first person that had problem with the wheel exchange, I read a few complaints on ebay about them and somthing about as refund of a charge account for one of there clients!

Pete Zamria = PA
Old 02-17-2005 | 11:26 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Pete Zamaria' date='Feb 17 2005, 04:23 PM
[quote name='heezy545i' date='Feb 17 2005, 01:21 AM']Oh, sorry for the mixup.? Confusing thread to read though.
[snapback]91156[/snapback]

mr. presley,

Today I was thinking about buying a set of wheels from that same company, and I read the problems you have with them. have you had any luck with them yet? have they been back in touch yet?

I am going to hold off from buying my set of wheels from them, I do not need those kind of headaches after the sale, from an company on the www!!!

Thanks, and please keep my posted on what they will do for you, by the way you are not the first person that had problem with the wheel exchange, I read a few complaints on ebay about them and somthing about as refund of a charge account for one of there clients!

Pete Zamria = PA
[snapback]91435[/snapback]
[/quote]
Old 02-17-2005 | 01:45 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard, Pete Zamaria !
Old 02-18-2005 | 06:28 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 530 Titanium Silver/Sexy black

get a refund and buy some wheels from me