E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

BEWARE when buying wheels from"THE WHEEL EXCHANGE"

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005 | 10:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Thumbs down

Dear fellow BMW Owners:

A word to the wise about the Replica wheels that I purchased from "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE" I first heard how the GSP 9700 with ROAD FORCE wheel balancer is the "latest" and "greatest", and that might be so, but I do know it did not work for me on my 2004 BMW (E60) 530i, and only after SONAR Wheel Balancing that my Parallel M's are not only cool looking, but now smooth riding wheels!

Now just make sure when your ordering from "The Wheel Exchange", that they send you out, four BMW Parallel M Replica wheels are that alike in appearance for your expensive BMW. (Otherwise you might have the same appearance problem that I have with mine, and waiting on a reply from "THE WHEEL EXCAHANGE" on what their going to do to resolved this wheel order).

In my case, one set of my new Replica wheels didn't all four look alike, in fact I have wrote them twice along with pictures this month about this appearance problem with the ONE BMW Replica Wheel, and so far I have not heard back from them.

I am hoping "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE" will do the right thing for me, their loyal customer, and take back the one (in perfect condition) Replica wheel, and ship me one the matches my other three they sent me from their warehouse, but at this point who knows what they will do???

I will keep this forum informed on this posting, if I hear anything back from "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE" about what they will do.

In Conclusion: Just beware of these adverse problems when ordering form these BMW online Replica Wheel Companies i.e. "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE" , that answers ALL YOUR EMAIL, and promises you the moon, until you purchase from them and then . . . ???

Sincerely,

Raymond Presley
Old 02-16-2005 | 10:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: MY05 545i Jet Black with Auburn interior. SMG, Logic7, Sport Package, Comfort Seats, Navigation.

Wow, Ray. After reading your post 4 times, I think I understand now what you really meant. Please correct me if I have misunderstood you:

1. The wheel exchange did not balance your wheels well as they have promised.
2. You got a wheel that has a different finish as the other 3.
3. The wheel exchange does not give you "SH_T" after the transaction.
4. Buy at your own risk.

Ok, if I got this correctly, then I would recommend that you report to your credit card company (assuming that you used your CC to order the wheels) regarding this problem. The credit card company will open a dispute claim and notify the seller. In no time, the sell will contact you, and you can repay their indifference with indifference. It may be true that the seller already received the fund from your credit card company, but the CC Co. could always charge the transaction back.

Good luck
Old 02-16-2005 | 11:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles

Originally Posted by speedracerF4i' date='Feb 16 2005, 03:51 PM
Wow, Ray.? After reading your post 4 times, I think I understand now what you really meant.? Please correct me if I have misunderstood you:

3.? The wheel exchange does not give you "SH_T" after the transaction.
4. Buy at your own risk.

Ok, if I got this correctly, then I would recommend that you report to your credit card company (assuming that you used your CC to order the wheels) regarding this problem.? The credit card company will open a dispute claim and notify the seller.? In no time, the sell will contact you, and you can repay their indifference with indifference.? It may be true that the seller already received the fund from your credit card company, but the CC Co. could always charge the transaction back.?

Good luck
[snapback]90928[/snapback]
================================================== ===

You got it right, "The Wheel Exchange" sent me out four wheels, and one of the four is much shinier than the other three, (almost a chrome looking wheel), and fail to answer this peroblem yet, after many, many emails, funny thing: "The Wheel Exchange" answered ALL my other emails prior to the transactionl, they get their money, I get NONE of any of my emails answered, and I do not seem to be as important to "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE"

I will wait as few more days, and then contact my MasterCard company and put it in dispute, thanks for the reminder, (I had forgot about that little move!)

Thanks for your posting,

Raymond Presley
Old 02-16-2005 | 01:19 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Presley348' date='Feb 16 2005, 04:48 PM
[quote name='speedracerF4i' date='Feb 16 2005, 03:51 PM']Wow, Ray.? After reading your post 4 times, I think I understand now what you really meant.? Please correct me if I have misunderstood you:

3.? The wheel exchange does not give you "SH_T" after the transaction.
4. Buy at your own risk.

Ok, if I got this correctly, then I would recommend that you report to your credit card company (assuming that you used your CC to order the wheels) regarding this problem.? The credit card company will open a dispute claim and notify the seller.? In no time, the sell will contact you, and you can repay their indifference with indifference.? It may be true that the seller already received the fund from your credit card company, but the CC Co. could always charge the transaction back.?

Good luck
[snapback]90928[/snapback]
================================================== ===

You got it right, "The Wheel Exchange" sent me out four wheels, and one of the four is much shinier than the other three, (almost a chrome looking wheel), and fail to answer this peroblem yet, after many, many emails, funny thing: "The Wheel Exchange" answered ALL my other emails prior to the transactionl, they get their money, I get NONE of any of my emails answered, and I do not seem to be as important to "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE"

I will wait as few more days, and then contact my MasterCard company and put it in dispute, thanks for the reminder, (I had forgot about that little move!)

Thanks for your posting,

Raymond Presley
[snapback]90959[/snapback]
[/quote]

Ok today "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE"" is now emailing me, (SEE BELOW)

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Good afternoon. I have been trying to find info on you since Nathan is no longer with us. I have sold well over 2000 of these wheels and yet have seen to different clear coat finishes. Not saying this could be the first time but it could be possible. I don't have a problem replacing the wheel if there is a issue with it. I can see the difference in the photo but just make sure the front wheel is clean. BMW ar horrible on the brake dust and that sometimes does change the brightnesss. If you still have a issue with the wheel call Joe at 888-682-3129 and we can arrange for a exchange. Thankyou</span>

Now after weeks of emailing "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE" with no answer, today answer I got sounds almost too good to be true, but I am so glad they finally responded back to me, we will see what happens next!

In conclusion: I will follow through, and keep my fellow BMW Owners at this E60 BMW forum well informed on the outcome from "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE".

Sincerely,

Raymond Presley
Old 02-16-2005 | 01:34 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: MY05 545i Jet Black with Auburn interior. SMG, Logic7, Sport Package, Comfort Seats, Navigation.

Old 02-16-2005 | 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Presley348' date='Feb 16 2005, 11:19 PM
Ok today "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE" is now emailing me, (SEE BELOW)

Now after weeks of emailing "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE" with no answer,? today answer I got sounds almost too good to be true, but I am so glad they finally responded back to me, we will see what happens next!
[snapback]90989[/snapback]
Hhmmm... I think somebody at The Wheel Exchange was reading our forum.
Old 02-16-2005 | 02:34 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Feb 16 2005, 07:06 PM
[quote name='Presley348' date='Feb 16 2005, 11:19 PM']Ok today "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE" is now emailing me, (SEE BELOW)

Now after weeks of emailing "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE" with no answer,? today answer I got sounds almost too good to be true, but I am so glad they finally responded back to me, we will see what happens next!
[snapback]90989[/snapback]
Hhmmm... I think somebody at The Wheel Exchange was reading our forum.
[snapback]91016[/snapback]
[/quote]

Dear fellow BMW owners,

I am doing, as I said and here is an update for membere here at the BMW E60 forum ceL "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE" last reply today.

I talked with a: "Joe" at the Wheel Exchange today, and of course he wanted more pitures, and this is what I emailed him, (SEE BELOW), and I am waiting on his reply:

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Joe:

Here are the pictures of my four Parallel M wheel's. Notice in picture #2 is shiny than the other three 1,3,and 4

Call me as soon as you received these, ???.???.????

Raymond Presley
</span>

1)

BEWARE when buying wheels from&quot;THE WHEEL EXCHANGE&quot;-2004_bmw_e60_530i_parallel_m_wheels_017.jpg

2)

BEWARE when buying wheels from&quot;THE WHEEL EXCHANGE&quot;-2004_bmw_e60_530i_parallel_m_wheels_018.jpg

3)

BEWARE when buying wheels from&quot;THE WHEEL EXCHANGE&quot;-2004_bmw_e60_530i_parallel_m_wheels_019.jpg

4)

BEWARE when buying wheels from&quot;THE WHEEL EXCHANGE&quot;-2004_bmw_e60_530i_parallel_m_wheels_020.jpg
Old 02-16-2005 | 03:14 PM
Senior Members

After looking at the pictures, I would say that pic #2 looks way more polished than the other 3. I like the other 3's finish better IMO.

By the way, why didn't you return the wheels when you first got it? Did the wheels already come with the tires mounted?
Old 02-16-2005 | 03:24 PM
Contributors

Sorry about your problems, but I find it interesting that this is the same set you were trying to sell on this forum....

Anyways, I'm looking to buy some replicas from the wheel exchange for my '92 e34, but for the e60, I think one should stay stock or spend the money for quality rims and tires.
Old 02-16-2005 | 03:40 PM
Contributors

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by heezy545i' date='Feb 16 2005, 08:24 PM
Sorry about your problems, but I find it interesting that this is the same set you were trying to sell on this forum....

Anyways, I'm looking to buy some replicas from the wheel exchange for my '92 e34, but for the e60, I think one should stay stock or spend the money for quality rims and tires.
[snapback]91061[/snapback]
(Are you an undercover forum employee from "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE" - Jk LOL) Funny thing heezy545i, I have not got a clue who you are getting your info. from, but whoever told you that is wrong!

I ended up selling one set of Parallel M's on eBay, and this is different set of Parallel M's. (I purchased these also from "The Wheel Exchange" and just trying to get these right!!!! If "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE" will not swap out this one wheel for me, I just wish they would just take them back and refund my money, and then like you were saying to me (SEE ABOVE) , I would then be able to add more money and upgrade to the real thing, the maching set of: "Quality" factory BMW Style #37 OEMs Parallel M wheels from a local BMW dealer for my new ((E60)) 2004 BMW 530i!)

I am just trying to get my new BMW Parallel M wheels that I bought from "THE WHEEL EXCHANGE" all four alike, and this issue is getting very old to me.

Raymond Presley

Quick Reply: BEWARE when buying wheels from"THE WHEEL EXCHANGE"