E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Beware bmwwheels.com infected with malicous script!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 02:21 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm just sending this out to warn everybody that the website www.bmwwheels.com is infected with a malicous javascript! I would not recommend visiting the site unless you use proper precautions such as the NoScript plugin available for Firefox.

Against my better judgement I browsed bmwwheels.com ealier today with IE 6 instead of Firefox. All was fine until I hit the details page for Style 124 wheels. All of a sudden my Anti-Virus program was alerting me that it had blocked a trojan that was attempting to install itself onto my system. The details page for the 124 wheels contains various references to a script called ngg.js all located on servers in Russia.

Ngg.js uses a familiar iframe attack to load additional content. I have contacted bmwwheels via email to alert them about this situation.

Here are two screenshots of my Anti-Virus ringing the alarm bells...

Old 08-01-2008, 06:12 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by marcw' post='637778' date='Aug 1 2008, 05:21 PM
I'm just sending this out to warn everybody that the website www.bmwwheels.com is infected with a malicous javascript! I would not recommend visiting the site unless you use proper precautions such as the NoScript plugin available for Firefox.

Against my better judgement I browsed bmwwheels.com ealier today with IE 6 instead of Firefox. All was fine until I hit the details page for Style 124 wheels. All of a sudden my Anti-Virus program was alerting me that it had blocked a trojan that was attempting to install itself onto my system. The details page for the 124 wheels contains various references to a script called ngg.js all located on servers in Russia.

Ngg.js uses a familiar iframe attack to load additional content. I have contacted bmwwheels via email to alert them about this situation.

Here are two screenshots of my Anti-Virus ringing the alarm bells...

I'll second that... Avast picked it up as well. Interesting