E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

A better way to spend $250 to get iPod to work with our cars

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 02:20 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The video

Here's what you can do

Combination 1.

The Bluttooth transmitter for iPod $99
http://www.scosche.com/scosche_bluetooth.a...mp;ItemID=IPBTT

The Bluetooth receiver $129
http://www.scosche.com/scosche_bluetooth.a...&ItemID=UBR

Combination 2
The complete package (universal Aux bluetooth + receiver + cellphone handfree) $249
http://www.scosche.com/scosche_bluetooth.a...p;ItemID=IUBCKH

I have no idea why the hell they don't make a package for just Ipod bluetooth transmitter
and Bluetooth receivers
so I just list two workable combinations here

Seems like combination 1 will be better for us, it's cheaper, $230 in total, it's more convinient, doesn't have the aux chord running to the ipod, and why in the world do E60 users need external bluetooth handfree ? (unless you didn't get that option, but if you didn't, then you probably don't care ^^ )

And the benefit for using this over the BMW ipod integration.............
1. Which matters me the most, I can still use just the ipod the change songs, because BMW's doesn't support Chinese song names!!
2. Wireless yet doesn't lose sound quality (or not that much as a FM transmitter) since it's bluetooth
3. Cheaper and alot easier to do (asssuming your car doesn't have the BMW integration yet)
4. No hussle buying another $80 BMW cable for the USB Aux option
5. I'm sure it's alot easier to find a song on the ipod itself than to find a song on the oh-so-slow iDrive screen

So guys, tell me what you think?
I'm definitely going to do this for my 07 530i, the cig lighter slot being right next to the AUX in my 07 car is gonna be perfect for this receiver.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:34 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW ///M 525xi Carbon Black - Dakota Black Leather - Riegel Ahorn Anthrazit trim - Alloy wheels 135 8Jx18" - Sport Seats - Bi-Xenon Headlights - Nav. System Professional - Bluetooth phone prep. - Auto-Dim. Int + Folding exterior mirrors - Rear Blind (electric) and side blinds - PDC - Foldable rear seats - Trailer Clutch -- 1980 - E21 320 1984 - E21 323i - White 1988 - E34 520i - Light Blue 1995 - E39 528i - Dark Blue -- Momo 17" wheels 2001 - E39 530d - Stahblau -- ///M-kit 2002 - Mini Cooper S - Dark Silver -- wifes car 2006 - E60 525xi - Carbon black -- ///M-kit Mods: Anti carjacking system CJ-1

Thanks for the usefull information neoenvision!! Sounds good to me. You let me know if you did the 'install' by a pm?

Thanks!
Old 05-31-2007, 02:47 PM
Members

Originally Posted by BMW ///M 525xi' post='430449' date='May 31 2007, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the usefull information neoenvision!! Sounds good to me. You let me know if you did the 'install' by a pm?

Thanks!

Just called a few local stores which were listed on Schoches' site, and no one carries them

So i guess I'll just have to order online

Sucks........ they're in UK and it's gonna take forever to ship ><"
Old 05-31-2007, 02:53 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by neoenvision' post='430457' date='Jun 1 2007, 12:47 AM
Just called a few local stores which were listed on Schoches' site, and no one carries them

So i guess I'll just have to order online

Sucks........ they're in UK and it's gonna take forever to ship ><"
my solution is cheaper; kost 3O dollars. And i got the best sound qualtity possibel

I have a belkin ipod charger and it connects to the line in on the bottom of the ipod. I have 1 cable running from the bottom of the ipod to the side of the seat and to the middle console on the back. There i plug in the belkin adapter to to sigaret lighter. Then there i run a little cable from the sigarete socket to the aux in witch is located next to the sigarette lighter. And the best part is: the aux is amplified with a amplfier witch is built in so the volume of the ipod is the same of the cd player.

19 dollar charger belkin and line out connection and amplifier and volume control in the rear and saftety fuse all in 1
http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...p;rd=1&rd=1

1O dollar for a aux cable

3O dollars and beste sound quality as is taped from the line in witch give a clear signal without the amplifier of the ipod distorting it.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:05 PM
Senior Members

no ugly aux cable on the top of the ipod.
All cables are black for better camouflage

and a proclip to keep the ipod in place without damaging the interior as it doest use screws.
It also lets you have a ipod with sillicone cover, it can adjust so the cover is included

extra information about the proclip (1O different mounting options to choose from)

and the docking station holder device
Attached Thumbnails A better way to spend &#036;250 to get iPod to work with our cars-ipod2.jpg  
Old 05-31-2007, 03:05 PM
Members

Originally Posted by pmmeke' post='430458' date='May 31 2007, 03:53 PM
my solution is cheaper; kost 3O dollars. And i got the best sound qualtity possibel

I have a belkin ipod charger and it connects to the line in on the bottom of the ipod. I have 1 cable running from the bottom of the ipod to the side of the seat and to the middle console on the back. There i plug in the belkin adapter to to sigaret lighter. Then there i run a little cable from the sigarete socket to the aux in witch is located next to the sigarette lighter. And the best part is: the aux is amplified with a amplfier witch is built in so the volume of the ipod is the same of the cd player.

19 dollar charger belkin and line out connection and amplifier and volume control in the rear and saftety fuse all in 1

3O dollars and beste sound quality as is taped from the line in witch give a clear signal without the amplifier of the ipod distorting it.
Sounds like another sweet option
I might as well do this to save myself $200 , hehe
Can you show a better picture of how you mount the ipod? The shittiest part about BMWs if you have virtually no place to put stuff @_@
My ipod usually sits in the gap next to the hand brake
Old 05-31-2007, 03:10 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by neoenvision' post='430462' date='Jun 1 2007, 01:05 AM
Sounds like another sweet option
I might as well do this to save myself $200 , hehe
Can you show a better picture of how you mount the ipod? The shittiest part about BMWs if you have virtually no place to put stuff @_@
My ipod usually sits in the gap next to the hand brake
i edited my post, check the ebay site and follow to the other site where you can buy both holder ipod and proclip.
You can have the ipod anywhere you want it, there is information on the site.

The holder and proclip are not cheap but its the best option because you can use sillicone covers and it holds all kinds of ipods 2O, 4O , video no prob. The holder is adjustible and even swifels. I think it s best the way i choose the location because i dont have to reach out for the ipod. I can control it with 1 finger next to me. All other options where to high and you c more cable, when its low like mine the cable you dont c it a lot.

proclip = no screws, no damage. You can remove without damage.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:15 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pmmeke' post='430465' date='Jun 1 2007, 01:10 AM
i edited my post, check the ebay site and follow to the other site where you can buy both holder ipod and proclip.
You can have the ipod anywhere you want it, there is information on the site.

The holder and proclip are not cheap but its the best option because you can use sillicone covers and it holds all kinds of ipods 2O, 4O , video no prob. The holder is adjustible and even swifels. I think it s best the way i choose the location because i dont have to reach out for the ipod. I can control it with 1 finger next to me. All other options where to high and you c more cable, when its low like mine the cable you dont c it a lot.

proclip = no screws, no damage. You can remove without damage.
another advantage: passengers in the back can control the volume from the back seats. My children can play louder if they like a song

device holder brand
CLICK HERE: Brodit Device Holder Search

this you need to check out on the ebay site
Old 05-31-2007, 03:29 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pmmeke' post='430470' date='Jun 1 2007, 01:15 AM
another advantage: passengers in the back can control the volume from the back seats. My children can play louder if they like a song

device holder brand
CLICK HERE: Brodit Device Holder Search

this you need to check out on the ebay site

i am in europe. The parts all came: belkin, proclip and brodit holder in 5 days. If you have pay pall you will be set up in no time. Some parts came from the usa so to deliver in europe in 5 days is very fast.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:12 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW ///M 525xi Carbon Black - Dakota Black Leather - Riegel Ahorn Anthrazit trim - Alloy wheels 135 8Jx18" - Sport Seats - Bi-Xenon Headlights - Nav. System Professional - Bluetooth phone prep. - Auto-Dim. Int + Folding exterior mirrors - Rear Blind (electric) and side blinds - PDC - Foldable rear seats - Trailer Clutch -- 1980 - E21 320 1984 - E21 323i - White 1988 - E34 520i - Light Blue 1995 - E39 528i - Dark Blue -- Momo 17" wheels 2001 - E39 530d - Stahblau -- ///M-kit 2002 - Mini Cooper S - Dark Silver -- wifes car 2006 - E60 525xi - Carbon black -- ///M-kit Mods: Anti carjacking system CJ-1

Originally Posted by pmmeke' post='430458' date='Jun 1 2007, 12:53 AM

Yep sounds the cheapest solution of them all but since my car is from february 2006 i don't have the aux in yet .
Do you know a solution to get round that?

Quick Reply: A better way to spend $250 to get iPod to work with our cars