E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Best Sport Springs ?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 05:00 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm thinking to change 20" for my e60, and i don't know much about this new suspension system for e60. Some of my friends suggested me to use coil over, but is this going to affect the 'technological suspension' ? stability control or what ever that is ?

They don't have information for any suspension for e60 available yet. Does anyone have changed their springs ? or changed it to coilover ?
I bet H&R supposed to be the best, but it only lower the car very little (my experienced with e46).

Need this information :'( :'(
Old 09-20-2004, 06:06 PM
Contributors

i dont know but I think the suspension of bimmers in general is good. Why to monk around with that?

Old 09-20-2004, 08:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

I believe the H&R springs lower the car 1.4" in the rear, and 1.3" in the front (see tirerack.com). Any springs that lower the car much more than that may bottom out and require replacement shocks as well.

If you do a search under 'springs' or 'lower' you find out more information about some 5s with aftermarket springs. One even with the sports package.
Old 09-20-2004, 09:07 PM
Senior Members

What springs are better for lowering your car: H&R or Eibach?
Old 09-22-2004, 09:32 AM
Members

I have the Eibach and lowered the front 1.2 and the back 1.0
the ride is stiffer but good
I am looking for shocks, when I first lowered the car, no shocks available
Shocks - probably going with Bilstein or Koni

Good luck

Here is a picture:
Old 09-22-2004, 10:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

SLVR530I,

What type of wheels are those (they look nice). Also what will different shocks add to you car. Are you bottoming out since you lowered you car? With this enhance the ride, or are the stock shocks working pretty well for you now?
Old 09-22-2004, 10:29 AM
Members

Thanks
What type of wheels are those- Excel Binno from www.wheelmax.com (trying to save money for the ACS Type III

what will different shocks add to you car - from bottoming out (rougher ride)

Are you bottoming out since you lowered you car? no, but I am the kind of person that tries to do things before it happens

With this enhance the ride, or are the stock shocks working pretty well for you now?Stoks are great and the shocks, new shocks - better handling and not rough up the total suspension (per my tech)
Old 09-22-2004, 12:21 PM
Contributors

I heard that if you don't lower the car more than 1.5", you are probably OK without changing out the shocks (cars in general), but if you tech recommends a change, then listen to him. Keep us abreast of what shocks you add. I will lower my car when I get it, and I need as much help in that arena as possible.

As for the wheels, I thought I had seen those before. They are a low cost option, but they look nice on you Ti-silver. I am thinking of doing the same thing. Go with a low cost option in the beginning to get a decent look, and then just to refresh her in the later years, get some HREs or other wheels that I REALLY like. So far, my preferred aftermarket wheel choice is the Silver Maido ST5.

Thanks for the answers
Old 09-22-2004, 12:41 PM
Members

Anytime

Can't go wrong with wither HRE's (another option for me)
Maido' are awesome too

Post pics of your car when you get it

Good luck!
Old 09-22-2004, 11:37 PM
Guest_SilverRush_*

the Eibach does look Awesome... i got a set for sale if anyone is interested
pls mail me

dhbeamer@hotmail.com

Quick Reply: Best Sport Springs ?!