E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

best headlight upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 11:54 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530I sport. Sapphire black current mods; limo tint, smoked sidesignals, black/white emblems, RPI scoop, BMI filter, black kidney grill and M5 front bumper installed soon

ok so it seems there are a few options out there. I also need some clarrification so please help me out here. I am interested in the Predator Ice deep blue angel eyes. now by saying angel eyes i assume thats the term given to the stock headlights and the halo type look they have? right?... ok well besides spending $200 for the full predator set, i also notice many hid and even predator bulbs being sold... now why not just do that for the blue look and more brightness..... are the whole headlight package just that much better? and is predator ice the best or what? like i have posted earlier, im new to luxury sedans and the parts so im just trying to get all my research right before i waste countless amounts of money on redoing dumb mistakes (which i have done on last projects). and again, i am doing this all to a 2006 sapphire black 530I E60.
below i have posted a link to my 2 past vehicles. they are both a truck and suv so many of you may not care but im doing it so that you guys may understand my many questions and new found interest yet lack of knowledge in the BMW mod market. thanks

http://www.truckinweb.com/brandpages/chevy...rado/index.html

http://www.cardomain.com/my

http://www.cardomain.com/my/edit_page?page_id=429191
Old 02-04-2009, 12:17 PM
Senior Members

Congrats on the new car. Does your car have factory xenons? If so, all you need are a set of upgrades for your existing factory halos. We carry the MyCarr ICE which is the manufacturer and identical unit to the Predator series. This is an LED based replacement module that swaps out the factory bulb for an LED setup that will achieve a pure xenon white output. I don't recommend going with too blue of a color as you risk attention from law enforcement. Our kits are 100% plug and play and are a direct install on your car as well.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:09 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530I sport. Sapphire black current mods; limo tint, smoked sidesignals, black/white emblems, RPI scoop, BMI filter, black kidney grill and M5 front bumper installed soon

I am not sure if they have the xenons factory or not.... i would have to assume they do... 06 530I sport package??? i would think they would come natrually with but then again im a rookie as stated. with that said, all i would need is the bulbs?? nice. if that is the case then i can buy now.

Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW' post='785109' date='Feb 4 2009, 01:17 PM
Congrats on the new car. Does your car have factory xenons? If so, all you need are a set of upgrades for your existing factory halos. We carry the MyCarr ICE which is the manufacturer and identical unit to the Predator series. This is an LED based replacement module that swaps out the factory bulb for an LED setup that will achieve a pure xenon white output. I don't recommend going with too blue of a color as you risk attention from law enforcement. Our kits are 100% plug and play and are a direct install on your car as well.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:16 PM
Senior Members

Xenons were an option so it's possible you have halogens. Snap a picture of the headlights and we can confirm. If they have a glass projector on the outer beam, they are xenons.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:41 PM
Members

it is currently in the shop but i will actually call down to bmw or find out asap.... just for research purposes, are these the best for clear turn signals?
Jlevi SW High Output 32 LED V2 Bulbs (Turn Signals or Reverse) [J-15712-01]
and if so....the resistors? those dont sound needed so whats the deal with those?
these sound better then the cheap chrome bulbs that i see so often and have heard both good and bad for, but i would like those turn signals cleared out and get rid of the yellow.

Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW' post='785222' date='Feb 4 2009, 03:16 PM
Xenons were an option so it's possible you have halogens. Snap a picture of the headlights and we can confirm. If they have a glass projector on the outer beam, they are xenons.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:26 AM
Senior Members

Our V2 LED Bulbs will be a solid upgrade if you are looking for a pure xenon white output. You do need the resistors to prevent the bulb out warning from appearing and we do have installation instructions available to guide you through the install. If you are wary about the resistors, you can also do our Solaris Invisibulbs which are a mirror coated bulb that blinks in either amber or xenon white.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:35 AM
Members

i have heard some negative things about the solaris bulbs. such as they get so hot that the chrome bubbles and peels right off. whats your warranty policy for these bulbs?

Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW' post='785921' date='Feb 5 2009, 09:26 AM
Our V2 LED Bulbs will be a solid upgrade if you are looking for a pure xenon white output. You do need the resistors to prevent the bulb out warning from appearing and we do have installation instructions available to guide you through the install. If you are wary about the resistors, you can also do our Solaris Invisibulbs which are a mirror coated bulb that blinks in either amber or xenon white.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:27 PM
Senior Members

Both types come with a full lifetime warranty.