E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

best audio bang for buck

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 03:32 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So now that I am keeping my car-I have standard stereo-and am happy with the speakers themselves but the problem I run into is when I turn the volume loud which I like-the bass sucks because I assume the subs suck.

Now I do not want a lot of weight and I do not want show car sound-I just want the sound my car has with CLEAR base at high volumes instead of garbled bass that comes now.

Anyone, esp in columbus know of maybe a small amp and a 10 inch sub would do the trick? where is the best place for it?

Again I am not looking for any great sound equivlent to logic 7 or anything. Actually am happy with my sound except when any bass is involved it sounds like puke at higher volumes.

any tips
Old 09-05-2009, 06:43 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 525i, 6spd manual, Premium pkg, Cold Weather pkg

Originally Posted by Diamond' post='999685' date='Sep 5 2009, 07:32 PM
So now that I am keeping my car-I have standard stereo-and am happy with the speakers themselves but the problem I run into is when I turn the volume loud which I like-the bass sucks because I assume the subs suck.

Now I do not want a lot of weight and I do not want show car sound-I just want the sound my car has with CLEAR base at high volumes instead of garbled bass that comes now.

Anyone, esp in columbus know of maybe a small amp and a 10 inch sub would do the trick? where is the best place for it?

Again I am not looking for any great sound equivlent to logic 7 or anything. Actually am happy with my sound except when any bass is involved it sounds like puke at higher volumes.

any tips
Check out Power Bass USA. They've been around a long time. They manufacture products for companies such as Eclipse and Diamond Audio. Power Bass decided to launch their own line. GREAT BANG FOR THE BUCK, in my opinion. That's who I went with.