E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

AUX INSTALLED IN USA

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2004, 04:17 PM
Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

AUX INSTALLED IN USA-217_mod.jpgAUX INSTALLED IN USA-224_mod.jpgI had the aux. which I self-installed a week ago enabled at Hendrick BMW via the coding (which is def. necessary) for the aux. to work. I have installed some pictures I how it was installed and what the screen looks like after installation. As can be seen I installed the aux. connector in the pocket underneath the CD player as it is still hidden but is a little easier to access in terms of locale.

I installed the connector myself and there is definently a trick to installation applicable to the US (probably elsewhere as well)

**here is the trick. You must remove the pins from the connector in which the aux plug comes which and reinsert the connectors (for right, left and ground) to the existing connctor going into the CCC or MAS-K into the 2,7,8 slot which is open in the connector. This connector is where you find the output for the BASS subwoofer going to the amplifier in the trunk. Once these pins are installed into the pre-existing connector you can then proceed to have your dealer properly encode the the idrive to recognize the aux. input. there was in earlier thread which posted the rear of the CCC where the connectors are located for pin installations along with pin numbers.

Sorry I did not take pictures of the install but you can refer to the BMW TIS instructions of removal of the CCC computer (which is the CD slot) on how to access the connector necessary to install the pins (which attaches to the back of the CCC or MAS-K.
Old 11-20-2004, 04:22 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Umm the picture isnt loading... Aux install? are you talking about Aux audio input? or... If So I'm very interested...

Edit: Eh... I swear there was a pic there before that would only load half way.
Old 11-20-2004, 04:39 PM
Members

Yes I meant Aux audio input for IPOD, Sirius and XM Radio and the like

The pictures are now there!
Old 11-20-2004, 04:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Wooo sounds confusing... Maybe I should let the dealer handle it. haha
Old 11-20-2004, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

I have mine in the passenger footwell, above the net - with an additional power outlet (permanent):

AUX INSTALLED IN USA-img_2436.jpg
AUX INSTALLED IN USA-img_2433.jpg
AUX INSTALLED IN USA-img_2434.jpg

I've got the same on idrive and can even select it, but currently no sound going through. Dealer is trying to find the problem...

AUX INSTALLED IN USA-img_2460.jpg
Old 11-20-2004, 04:59 PM
Members

Just let your dealer know that the instructions that BMW has is not exactly correct for US cars. It shows as if the connector on the aux input fits right into the slot and that doesn't work in the US because there is a connector already in the proper slot so you have to put the pins in the slot!
Old 11-20-2004, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

I'm not in the US and the dealer has the installation info about the pin thing, I've seen it...
Maybe he forgot to read it?
Old 11-20-2004, 05:09 PM
Members

I still haven't found anyone in L.A./Orange County, CA to do it. I dropped my car off to two places now that said they'd do the install, and at the end of the day they chicken out of trying it. It seems like alot of BMW technicians are either scared of the car or simply don't know how to work on it. The last guy said there is a US freeze on the part so he wouldn't do it. Maybe I can have an aftermarket guy do the install and then go to the dealer for the coding? Would that ruin the warranty?
Old 11-20-2004, 05:47 PM
Senior Members

very nice job, lenk !
Old 11-21-2004, 04:56 PM
Members

Hey

What part number did you order in the us?

Pablo

Quick Reply: AUX INSTALLED IN USA