E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Aux install, Dealer rapage

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 03:48 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW M5

Originally Posted by D33ZNUT5
I don't want IPOD I want aux so I can use whatever device as well as internet radio over 3g. Dealer will still charge me an arm and a leg to program since I don't have nav or mp3 enabled on the cd player. Also no cd changer installed.

I see you are in Canada, is your car an US car? (Did you purchase it in the states). if yes, BMW Canada hates it maybe that is why they told u that price.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:57 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 titanium silver metallic Like new 41k Cold Weather Package

Originally Posted by miguex
I see you are in Canada, is your car an US car? (Did you purchase it in the states). if yes, BMW Canada hates it maybe that is why they told u that price.
The car isn't an import, it was bought brand new from the same dealer! They have the game on lockdown, they are the only dealer within a 8-10 hour drive!
Old 02-16-2010, 03:57 PM
Contributors

thats bullshit....i wouldnt pay that bullshit price. tell your dealer to shove it up his ass.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: e60

i say do it

:l

then afterwards break a few office windows
Old 02-16-2010, 04:01 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl
thats bullshit....i wouldnt pay that bullshit price. tell your dealer to shove it up his ass.
Sideways!

The problem is I hate FM modulation. There is a sale at Bestbuy for aux input $99 installed. Apparently they hard wire it to the antenna and lock onto a frequency and nothing else will interfere with it but I have never found an FM system to works well but have never hard wired one either.

For this price I almost want to just buy a 120v converter and put my old 5.1 home system in the car lol That would be an interesting mod lol
Old 02-16-2010, 06:09 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire - Fully Loaded
Model Year: 545i 2005

wow.. that is quite alot for the install and programming, my dealership quoted $250. try to find an independent bmw repair shop.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:30 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW e60 525IA 12/2003

Hi guy's

It's hard to sit here in Denmark and read of all your troubles just to get a AUX-in function coded , isen't there anybody "over there" in your aerea that have and can use the INPA NCS-Expert tool under the Ediabas Software program , come on ! there MUST be somebody that can help you guy's out , with that "tool" it only takes a few minutes to code this function ! ( and similar functions like I-Pod ,Tv, CD-Changer ,SAT-radio,Telefon etc. ) , for 600USD I could almost pay the flight over and back from Denmark and do the coding for you

Hope you get it sorted out , with out to have to pay that amount of mony , for such a simple coding.

Good luck

/BenAnd
Old 02-17-2010, 12:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire - Fully Loaded
Model Year: 545i 2005

Originally Posted by BenAnd
Hi guy's

It's hard to sit here in Denmark and read of all your troubles just to get a AUX-in function coded , isen't there anybody "over there" in your aerea that have and can use the INPA NCS-Expert tool under the Ediabas Software program , come on ! there MUST be somebody that can help you guy's out , with that "tool" it only takes a few minutes to code this function ! ( and similar functions like I-Pod ,Tv, CD-Changer ,SAT-radio,Telefon etc. ) , for 600USD I could almost pay the flight over and back from Denmark and do the coding for you

Hope you get it sorted out , with out to have to pay that amount of mony , for such a simple coding.

Good luck

/BenAnd
or you can send him your computer
Old 02-17-2010, 06:04 AM
Senior Members

Got an email from the dealer this morning, I gave them a chance to give me a better price before complaining to BMW regarding discrepancies in rates between Canada and US.

They are now offering to do the programming for $300cdn or $400cdn for the full install.

I think I may get them to install the cable so I don't have to worry about damaging anything trying to remove it and put it back together again.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:49 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Ben ... those people that may have access to such tools like NCS editor probably shy 'cuz those are hard commodity and they probably alot active in bmwecu.org forum then here.

But yes ... it would be nice to have somebody that able to do them and assist us here ... not some much to do re-program just a simple coding to enable much of 'Euro' only features

Originally Posted by BenAnd
Hi guy's

Good luck

/BenAnd

Quick Reply: Aux install, Dealer rapage