E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

AUX Input...question

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 04:05 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530I, Black Saphire Metallic Exterior with Aburn Interior & Poplar Wood Trim, SMG, Active Steering, Sports Suspension w/Dynamic Drive, Logic 7, Heads-up Display, Voice Input, 6 Disc CD Changer, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Fold-down Rear Seats, Navigation System, Winter Package with Heated Steering Wheel and Rear Heated Seats, Powered Sunblind for Rear Window, Manual Rear Side Sunblinds, Universal Remote Control, Audio Aux Input
Thumbs up

I had my car into service to have them activate the AUX Audio Input on my 5er. They returned it to me saying that it was coded and that all I had to do was plug something into the input and that I-Drive would automatically see it. Needless to say that didn't work. Can someone please help me or guide me in the right direction?!? THANKS
Old 02-25-2005, 06:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Well, it is not completely automatic. You need to select the aux input in the Entertainment section in idrive. Having done that, however, it is plug in and play. Volume tends to be slightly lower than other audio source levels if you do not have a true "line out" feeding the aux input. Many or perhaps even most units you might choose to feed this Aux input will probably be using a speaker/head phone output. If this is the case ensure the device volume output is at maximum, if needed.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:28 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530I, Black Saphire Metallic Exterior with Aburn Interior & Poplar Wood Trim, SMG, Active Steering, Sports Suspension w/Dynamic Drive, Logic 7, Heads-up Display, Voice Input, 6 Disc CD Changer, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Fold-down Rear Seats, Navigation System, Winter Package with Heated Steering Wheel and Rear Heated Seats, Powered Sunblind for Rear Window, Manual Rear Side Sunblinds, Universal Remote Control, Audio Aux Input

The "AUX" option in the entertainment menu isn't even listed. They said they enabled/encoded or what not IDrive for it. ANYONE PLEASE HELP!
Old 02-26-2005, 01:50 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Moocow' date='Feb 26 2005, 10:28 AM
The "AUX" option in the entertainment menu isn't even listed. They said they enabled/encoded or what not IDrive for it. ANYONE PLEASE HELP!
[snapback]94576[/snapback]
I had the same thing happen to me. I never got the full story but after a second trip back to the dealer everything worked fine.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525i Jet Black, keep my passenger seat extra clean after I(married/3kids) drop off my new mistress(half black/half indian gives great head even though I have Jock itch/yeast infection), don't want anything leaking from her crotch after I have my way with her

If it is not showing on the idrive display. It is not programmed properly. Common issue with dealerships. They are not experienced with the idrive configuration options and ths the proper things do not get turned on. Go back to the dealership and say it is not showing as an option.
Old 02-26-2005, 08:20 AM
Members

It's just so fustrating!!! Especially after giving them the retrofit instructions!!! AHHHH... ok I feel better now...not really...
Old 02-26-2005, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Mine didn't work the first time. After they set it up again it worked, though.
Old 02-26-2005, 08:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: First Vehicle: 2004 545I, Silver Gray Metallic Exterior with Gray Interior & Poplar Wood Trim, Steptronic, Active Steering, Sports Suspension w/Dynamic Drive, Logic 7, Heads-up Display, Voice Input, 6 Disc CD Changer in Glove Box, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Comfort Seats, Fold-down Rear Seats, Professional Navigation System, Winter Package with Heated Steering Wheel and Rear Heated Seats, Rear Side Airbags, Powered Sunblind for Rear Window, Manual Rear Side Sunblinds, Universal Remote Control, Interior/Exterior Anti-dazzle Mirrors, Satellite Tuner Prep, Passport SR-1 Remote Radar Detector, Aux Stereo Input, Wood shift knob, XM Radio Second Vehicle: 2004 X5 4.8IS

Had my 545 in twice to get my Aux Input installed. The first time it showed-up on the I-drive menu but I had no sound. The second time, when I got it back it worked perfectly. Only took 5 days in the shop and $450 to get it working.

Originally Posted by Moocow' date='Feb 25 2005, 08:05 PM
I had my car into service to have them activate the AUX Audio Input on my 5er. They returned it to me saying that it was coded and that all I had to do was plug something into the input and that I-Drive would automatically see it. Needless to say that didn't work. Can someone please help me or guide me in the right direction?!? THANKS
[snapback]94491[/snapback]
Old 03-01-2005, 04:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by Moocow' date='Feb 26 2005, 11:20 AM
It's just so fustrating!!! Especially after giving them the retrofit instructions!!! AHHHH... ok I feel better now...not really...
[snapback]94656[/snapback]
Yep, they did not program it right. It seems near half of us have had it right the first time, half not.

Back you go
Old 03-01-2005, 05:38 AM
Contributors

Moocow,

what dealership do you use and what was the cost?

Quick Reply: AUX Input...question