E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Aux Input installation disables bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 11:03 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure whats happened here. Booked the car in for the aux input and MP3 upgrade, my CCC was replaced in the middle of last year due to the CIP upgrade I had done then (complained about bluetooth phone microphone, car was in for 3 days that time)

Aux input working fine (although I think noisy when lights are on?) but MP3 not working at all. Tried the hints on Lomags post, even bought Nero! but no joy on both CD and DVD, still greyed out. Got a colleague to burn a CD on his machine, the same. Spoke to the dealer this morning who said they asked BMW Bracknell for instructions on upgrading to MP3, and followed those instructions, so it should be working.

This was done yesterday. This evening was the first chance I had to re-pair the phone, and it wouldn't connect. Did a search on the phone for bluetooth devices and it found my laptop, but not the car. Yip, I have enabled bluetooth in the settings

Any ideas? I'll phone the dealer tomorrow when they're open again.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:29 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by SG535d' post='275314' date='Apr 28 2006, 08:03 PM
Not sure whats happened here. Booked the car in for the aux input and MP3 upgrade, my CCC was replaced in the middle of last year due to the CIP upgrade I had done then (complained about bluetooth phone microphone, car was in for 3 days that time)

Aux input working fine (although I think noisy when lights are on?) but MP3 not working at all. Tried the hints on Lomags post, even bought Nero! but no joy on both CD and DVD, still greyed out. Got a colleague to burn a CD on his machine, the same. Spoke to the dealer this morning who said they asked BMW Bracknell for instructions on upgrading to MP3, and followed those instructions, so it should be working.

This was done yesterday. This evening was the first chance I had to re-pair the phone, and it wouldn't connect. Did a search on the phone for bluetooth devices and it found my laptop, but not the car. Yip, I have enabled bluetooth in the settings

Any ideas? I'll phone the dealer tomorrow when they're open again.
When I had my software updated it wiped out my phone connection to.

Don't take this the wrong way - but if it has been a while since you paired the phone - are you sure you are following the step by step process in the manual.

Suggest you try the following:

1. Delete any existing pairings from the car and the phone.

2. Ensure bluetooth is activated in both

3. With the ignition on (but the engine off) go into the bluetooth menu, then phone (I think) - it should say bluetooth connectable in this menu - this is the only state in which you can set up a pairing - just thought you may have forgotten this stage (sorry if that's not the case).

cheers
Old 04-28-2006, 12:40 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by needforspeed' post='275322' date='Apr 28 2006, 08:29 PM
Don't take this the wrong way - but if it has been a while since you paired the phone - are you sure you are following the step by step process in the manual.

Doh! Working now, thanks mate

Pity about the mp3...
Old 04-28-2006, 01:48 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by SG535d' post='275341' date='Apr 28 2006, 09:40 PM

Doh! Working now, thanks mate

Pity about the mp3...
No worries - I had the same problem - took me about an hour to re-connect the phone - doh

Oh ... make sure you look at My530i's modification to the aux in - if you have an ipod you really should do this to make it sound right ... and if you do - you won't be fussed about mp3