E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Aux input

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 10:58 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Gone Waiting

Hi,

Just been to the dealer and connect the aux input . The did not try the ipod as they did not have one.When i am back home i try my ipod and no sound is coming out from the speakers.
I call the dealer and the garage manager told me that he has to invert the wiring of the aux input as he may be set the wiring for Japanese version.

Any idea for this.

Can i invert the wiring myself. The aux in on my idrive screen already. Any one got this problem?
Old 03-17-2006, 11:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by vishwen' post='256438' date='Mar 17 2006, 02:58 PM
Hi,

Just been to the dealer and connect the aux input . The did not try the ipod as they did not have one.When i am back home i try my ipod and no sound is coming out from the speakers.
I call the dealer and the garage manager told me that he has to invert the wiring of the aux input as he may be set the wiring for Japanese version.

Any idea for this.

Can i invert the wiring myself. The aux in on my idrive screen already. Any one got this problem?
Very frequent occurance. If not too much trouble for u have the dealer do it. That way u are clear of any liability for "messing up"
Old 03-17-2006, 11:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

any chance of coding the AUX without the dealer visit? I guess not so....
I will have the install done by a friend with some more mods but the visit to the dealer for the AUX coding is annoing. I wish some magic I-drive moves would be good enough. anyone?
Old 03-18-2006, 08:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Gone Waiting

Originally Posted by Peter530i' post='256442' date='Mar 17 2006, 03:04 PM
any change of coding the AUX without the dealer visit? I guess not so....
I will have the install done by a friend with some more mods but the visit to the dealer for the AUX coding is annoing. I wish some magic I-drive moves would be good enough.
Thanks , but you suggest?
Old 03-18-2006, 08:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 M5 -- Exterior: Silverstone, Interior: Black. Fully Loaded. That just about sums it up! :-)

Originally Posted by cobradav' post='256439' date='Mar 17 2006, 12:02 PM
Very frequent occurance. If not too much trouble for u have the dealer do it. That way u are clear of any liability for "messing up"
Yeah, I'm with cobradav. Leave the "damage" liability with the dealer.
Old 03-18-2006, 10:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 640D MSPORT GT

ther have been lots of posts recently regarding the issue of fitting the aux input.
in your case the dealer tech placed the wires 3 incorrectly i presume common mistake,on the other hand could be a more complex problem with the ccc.
in any case the programming and fitment should be carried out in sequence so as to verify all systems function correctly before and after fitment,without programming to accept the input it will not show or work on i drive.
fitment of the wires in the ccc plug is not a hard job but a stressfull one as it requires removal of trim and dash components and withdrawal of the ccc unit ,disconnection and fitment of the additional wires. then reinstalation of dash etc.
hence the cost in time labour.propably at a loss to the workshops for time involved in programming
my advice to anyone is wait until you require a s/ware update thru a cause that is coverd by bmw,then negotiate the aux install.
you could then enable thuis feature at a reasonable cost .