E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Aux/Bluetooth Audio Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 08:04 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '07 530I
Default Aux/Bluetooth Audio Upgrade

I have a 2007 530i and interested in figuring out if its worth it time and money wise to upgrade my regular aux connector on rear of center console to Bluetooth audio integrated. Obviously I have bluetooth phone connection but tired of using aux jack in the back. I've done little bit of searching and found something about a Denison gateway upgrade ? I have an iphone and want to be able to control it via steering wheel controls and only want it for audio purposes and still able to use regular factory Bluetooth for the phone. Is this possible? So basically when i switch to Aux i want it to be bleutooth audio from my iphone instead of using the 3.5m aux jack. Any benefits or disadvantages to this setup? Anyone who has experience with this please feel free to chime in. And experts of course. Thanks in advance
Old 07-26-2020, 10:53 AM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 Lci 530i
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N53

Originally Posted by Chrisblak
I have a 2007 530i and interested in figuring out if its worth it time and money wise to upgrade my regular aux connector on rear of center console to Bluetooth audio integrated. Obviously I have bluetooth phone connection but tired of using aux jack in the back. I've done little bit of searching and found something about a Denison gateway upgrade ? I have an iphone and want to be able to control it via steering wheel controls and only want it for audio purposes and still able to use regular factory Bluetooth for the phone. Is this possible? So basically when i switch to Aux i want it to be bleutooth audio from my iphone instead of using the 3.5m aux jack. Any benefits or disadvantages to this setup? Anyone who has experience with this please feel free to chime in. And experts of course. Thanks in advance
would like to know aswell, same problem XD