E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Anyone successfully install DRL Xenon White Hella (E50 LCI)?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 01:29 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey All!

New to this forum. Found lots of awesome information already.

I am looking into purchasing the following DRL: Xenon White Hella LEDayLine Style 10-LED High Power LED Daytime Running Light (DRL) Lamps

Has anyone here successfully installed this on an E60 LCI?

From the looks of it it requires taking off the grill and then connecting it to the car battery.

Thanks!
Old 10-24-2011, 08:24 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

This has been discussed on the board twice, but nobody ever pulled the trigger on it. If you think it'll be cool, don't let anyone talk you out of it. Besides, I want to see actually on, too hahaha.

As for wiring. You can just utilize the terminal in the engine bay, don't need to wire it all the way back to the battery.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:17 AM
Contributors

Very interesting I have to see also..
Old 10-24-2011, 10:27 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528i TiAg Premium/Cold Weather Pkg, 20% Tint, Technic Harness, JL Audio 12W7, JL HD 750/1 and LOTS of lighting mods!!!!!

I would like to see this as well...very interesting...do it!!!

Side note: Now the trick is how to get these to turn on when you have your angel eyes on only and otherwise be powered off..

Maybe using a relay and using the angeleyes as a remote?
Old 10-24-2011, 12:33 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by MORI3L
I would like to see this as well...very interesting...do it!!!

Side note: Now the trick is how to get these to turn on when you have your angel eyes on only and otherwise be powered off..

Maybe using a relay and using the angeleyes as a remote?
If your not being sarcastic, thats damn simple to do
Old 10-24-2011, 12:52 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528i TiAg Premium/Cold Weather Pkg, 20% Tint, Technic Harness, JL Audio 12W7, JL HD 750/1 and LOTS of lighting mods!!!!!

Originally Posted by TheRacerBoss
If your not being sarcastic, thats damn simple to do
I have no idea if it would actually work...but that's my educated guess...maybe someone with a little bit more experience can chime in here??

Would using the terminals in the engine bay and angel eye power wires in a relay create this effect (have the led DRL on when the angels turn on)??
Old 10-25-2011, 12:53 AM
Contributors

Thanks for the replies.

I am totally new at car mods. I just completed my first mod (if you can really call it that) by changing the default DRL halogens to LEDs. That was easy, but then again that was more of a plug-n-play. This on the other hand looks like a little more fun. I am testing another DRL this month but hoping to get these lights after pay day and see how far I can get. I'll make sure to document everything in case anyone wants to try to get these lights to work.

My goal with these lights is to hopefully get them working when DRL mode is enabled so they would work side-by-side with my LEDs and when night arrives still work when the headlights automatically turn on, however if I can get them turned on when the engine starts that will already be a major accomplishment for me. lol

For my DRL I got a set of RDash but they honestly are really weak during a bright day plus they cause OBC errors when DRL is enabled. I ordered another set from another company so I got my fingers crossed that it won't cause any OBC errors.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:27 AM
Senior Members

Another thought....maybe this would look really good if you found a way to do a fog delete and put these in their place??

Although you would have to extend that grill somehow..
Old 10-25-2011, 08:39 AM
Contributors

I think that would look really good if I was able to replace the default roundish fog lights. Another option I had in mind was to get some bright white LEDs as fog lights, however I am just not into round DRLs anymore so going to see what I can do to eventually get these installed.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:13 PM
Senior Members

Here it appears to come with a partial new grill..don't know if it replaces the fogs or what...might wanna ask a dealer about this...but its interesting.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...89&hg=63&fg=95

Quick Reply: Anyone successfully install DRL Xenon White Hella (E50 LCI)?