E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Anyone order the 08 LCI Angel Eyes from AIB?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 12:45 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 VW Passat Wagon 2.0l Tsi Grey/Grey Budapest 18" Lost to HPFP issues: 08 535i sport pkg Lost to Dreaded E61 Sun roof leaks: 07 E61 530Xi

Any recommendations for where to get the PIAA's, Not really concerned about the day time since I don't use the DTRL's
Old 06-19-2008, 12:53 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: alpinewhite's ride

+1 Beware guys!

The PIAA is an expensive unit and you can only order from Japan.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 535i, A/T & Paddle Shifters, AW, NB Leather, Sport, Premium, Nav, 6FL

Originally Posted by John@EuroRev' post='606019' date='Jun 19 2008, 01:53 PM
+1 Beware guys!

The PIAA is an expensive unit and you can only order from Japan.
+1 They cost around $300 just like AIB and i'm sure the output will be more like GP Thunders from what i see in the pictures! Now who wants to guinea pig?
Old 06-20-2008, 07:25 AM
Contributors

Guys, the GP Thunders arent that bad in the daytime. Some of you have said you cant even see them in the daytime but I disagree with that. They're just slightly dimmer than stock, not much at all. For $20, I cant understand why you dont just use them until another, equally as good, or equally cost effective solution comes along. I will take some daytime pics tomorrow and post them. Maybe I got lucky with a nice bright pair of bulbs but they are honestly very nice. And I'm anal. At night, they are most definitely AWESOME. I also bought the H3 bulbs for the turning lights. Im extremely pleased with both. THIS LINK IS WHERE I GOT THEM

All the best
Old 06-20-2008, 12:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 BMW 528i

Just got these in today, very disappointed. Plastic container with 4 bulbs, Hopefully the real version will make up for this!
Old 06-20-2008, 06:31 PM
Members

LOL This is funny.
I also bought LCI AIB during fathers day special.
Now, it seems like I will be getting GP Thunder, not AIB.
Funny thing is AIB emailed me and told me that it is in a back order and I would need to wait.
I guess it is in a back order for relabeling or they can not find more GP Thunders.
Bottom line, I do not think anyone here paid $300 for GP Thunder. We all paid $300 for AIB.
Honestly, if all you guys knew if you were receiving GP Thunders, would you have purchased it?
What a disappointment.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by op355' post='607046' date='Jun 20 2008, 07:31 PM
LOL This is funny.
I also bought LCI AIB during fathers day special.
Now, it seems like I will be getting GP Thunder, not AIB.
Funny thing is AIB emailed me and told me that it is in a back order and I would need to wait.
I guess it is in a back order for relabeling or they can not find more GP Thunders.
Bottom line, I do not think anyone here paid $300 for GP Thunder. We all paid $300 for AIB.
Honestly, if all you guys knew if you were receiving GP Thunders, would you have purchased it?
What a disappointment.

In all fairness. the vendor did state that the ones sent are the "beta" version and as soon as the Final LCI version was finished they would send it out to all those LCI owner's that bought the "beta" version. This is why I did not order them tho, there was no definite timeline given on when it would be finished, only told "very close or soon" by the vendor (sound familiar? Interesting how the vendor has not replied here yet.)
Old 06-20-2008, 07:33 PM
Members

Originally Posted by geneatals' post='607055' date='Jun 20 2008, 10:45 PM
In all fairness. the vendor did state that the ones sent are the "beta" version and as soon as the Final LCI version was finished they would send it out to all those LCI owner's that bought the "beta" version. This is why I did not order them tho, there was no definite timeline given on when it would be finished, only told "very close or soon" by the vendor (sound familiar? Interesting how the vendor has not replied here yet.)
If someone says "beta" version, I usually think it is a testing version that they have developed.
I do not understand how can they call a GP Thunders a beta version of AIB.
Geneatals, I would not think it is fair to call someone else's relabeled product as a beta version of their product.

Anyways, it sucks big time how cheap they can be and how they trying to fool people.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by op355' post='607071' date='Jun 20 2008, 08:33 PM
If someone says "beta" version, I usually think it is a testing version that they have developed.
I do not understand how can they call a GP Thunders a beta version of AIB.
Geneatals, I would not think it is fair to call someone else's relabeled product as a beta version of their product.

Anyways, it sucks big time how cheap they can be and how they trying to fool people.

Very tru, I was not agreeing with what the vendor did, merely stating what their intentions are, or at least their stated intentions. I understand your frustration currently, but please don't shoot the messenger . And yes I agree with you, it is not fair to call someone else's product their beta version. But at least you will be getting the final version once fully functional. It's just unfortunate you have to wait for them to finish it with no specific date of completion.

There have been a few questionable sales done lately on this forum. I think what we can learn from this one (again) is to do your research (previously posted by another member about the GP thunders as the beta) and get everything in writing. The latter has been done, again stated by the vendor: final version will be shipped once completed and buyers can keep the beta's, (for whatever that is worth .)stated in the GB AIB thread

GL to all the LCI owners that purchased the "beta" version, hope the wait is not too long.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:35 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire - Fully Loaded
Model Year: 545i 2005

pics anyone?

Quick Reply: Anyone order the 08 LCI Angel Eyes from AIB?