E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Anyone here has the new Supersprint exhaust??

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 11:33 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i remember a while back someone was gettin the new supersprint system.... feedback and review pls.... much appreciated...!!
Old 10-10-2004, 08:48 AM
Contributors

Called evosport last week - they said it's about 6 weeks till it will arrive. I'm planning on installing one once it's available. I haven't seen anyone with one installed yet.

evosport said they'll be all stainless, with 80mm round tips - didn't think there'd be options on the tips and color of the main unit, like the one for E39.
Old 10-10-2004, 11:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Originally Posted by John W' date='Oct 10 2004, 12:48 PM
Called evosport last week - they said it's about 6 weeks till it will arrive.? I'm planning on installing one once it's available. I haven't seen anyone with one installed yet.

evosport said they'll be all stainless, with 80mm round tips - didn't think there'd be options on the tips and color of the main unit, like the one for E39.
[snapback]43224[/snapback]
Please post some vid when you get it. I haven't heard of anyone with the SS yet.
At the time, the only applications I could find for the E60 was the Eismann (sp?) and B&B.
I'm shooting some more with my B&B in a bit. Should post later today or tomorrow.
Old 10-10-2004, 12:14 PM
Guest_HS_01_*

I just Intalled it about 3 weeks ago.
Sounds really good. Not too loud at the low RPM. Very deep sound especially in the higher RPM. Getting louder at the higher RPM.

I had supersprint on the e-39 (530i) US spec but supersprint on e-60 (530i) Euro spec is much much better in sound. I have the car in Indonesia which is Euro spec right now.

The down side is a little bit lost in HP. Response on the gas pedal is a little bit late. Need some Power chip I guees.

My experience when I was in US was the same on my e-39 530 i. I had superchips software, and the results was awesome.

Still waiting for the software.

Hope it helps. Thanks!
Old 10-10-2004, 05:38 PM
Banned

Thanks for the input... .do u mind tellin us which tip design u got?
i kno SS has 2 designs for the E60....
and if possible can u get us some pix and sound clips too... much appreciated

Originally Posted by Guest_HS_01_*' date='Oct 10 2004, 02:14 PM
I just Intalled it about 3 weeks ago.
Sounds really good. Not too loud at the low RPM. Very deep sound especially in the higher RPM. Getting louder at the higher RPM.

I had supersprint on the e-39 (530i) US spec but supersprint on e-60 (530i) Euro spec is much much better in sound. I have the car in Indonesia which is Euro spec right now.

The down side is a little bit lost in HP. Response on the gas pedal is a little bit late. Need some Power chip I guees.

My experience when I was in US was the same on my e-39 530 i. I had superchips software, and the results was awesome.

Still waiting for the software.

Hope it helps. Thanks!
[snapback]43286[/snapback]
Old 10-11-2004, 02:58 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Guest_HS_01_*' date='Oct 10 2004, 01:14 PM
Hope it helps. Thanks!
The throttle lag has been reported by me and several other forum posters. I don't really notice a lag now. Maybe the trans has "learned" how I drive by now.

Hp loss? That's kinda odd for adding a high performance exhaust. Maybe it is the software.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:30 PM

BMP Design Has it in stock. I got mine from there. I didnt notice any Lag in throttle. The sounds is very nice though. Throaty and not ricey. Smooth and sounds even better at higher RPM's.

This was the original estimate they gave me:

The pricing is $1017.73 and shipping would be $35
Old 10-13-2004, 09:59 AM
Contributors

FYI - BMP says the SS for 545 isn't due for another several weeks. They have the 525/530 model, but the 545's still in production, so it looks like December.
Old 10-13-2004, 02:06 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Jimbo' date='Oct 11 2004, 03:58 PM
[quote name='Guest_HS_01_*' date='Oct 10 2004, 01:14 PM']The down side is a little bit lost in HP. Response on the gas pedal is a little bit late. Need some Power chip I guees.
Hope it helps. Thanks!
The throttle lag has been reported by me and several other forum posters. I don't really notice a lag now. Maybe the trans has "learned" how I drive by now.

Hp loss? That's kinda odd for adding a high performance exhaust. Maybe it is the software.
[snapback]43610[/snapback]
[/quote]

I believe it's common to lose torque down low and gain some hp on the top end.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:21 AM
Members

Did any of you with the supersprint exhaust installed notice a increase in vibration during idle (e.g., slight vibration of the seats, steering wheel, etc.). I am also thinking about trying the supersprint despite my bad experience with the sebring exhaust (which caused the aforementioned vibration). Thanks for your help.

Quick Reply: Anyone here has the new Supersprint exhaust??