E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Anyone have BMS Powerbox installed?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 05:59 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 titanium silver metallic Like new 41k Cold Weather Package

I noticed another member mention this in another thread. Apparently good for 10HP. Anyone have any experience or feedback on this product?

BMS Powerbox
Old 11-26-2009, 06:52 AM
Members

Yes I did it to my 523 last week.

See my review of it below:

Ok I just went out alone and you know what that means....

I have had my experience with STIs and their crazy 500nm of torque which I understand what is power.

So here's the down to earth 2nd and final review:

Yes the power range is throughout and even.

from 0- 2500, the throttle booster feature gives you a quick pick up and you get a torque peak at 2500rpm if you drive normally. Quite nice for a daily drive, no longer slow to pickup and when you are up to speed, someone cut in in front of you and you can see his/head turning to the passenger saying " slow fart". haha

Gun down the throttle and yes it felt better. 10% or 15 plus minus Hp won't give you the seat belt lock but yes its there. Refer to the other's dyno chart for reference.

Summary:

Good overall drive feel:
1) graceful power and response
2) the SB feature is natural and not viscious like 3rd gear into 1st gear
3) torque? yes 10% thereabouts but evenly spreadout. cheap ? yes
4) any change in exhaust rumble..... not that I noticesd. why am I saying this? because I thought it would create an even nicer rumble to my I6 stock exos.
5) would I sell it tomorrow ? no unless I need that amount to pay for the installment of the car.
6) any bugs yet? like 0 throttle response? not yet still observing.
7) yes i rather have this instead of the remus exos I have been eyeing now. oh god coming to think of it, a nice rumble that sounds like v8 would be so delicious.....

And that's all, its cheap if you have a X23 (and detuned whatever) who would like to close the gap between your same engine nemesis if you know what I mean. hell ya.

Enjoy! it won't break your wallet.

Thanks!
Old 11-26-2009, 07:27 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 titanium silver metallic Like new 41k Cold Weather Package

Do you have any install instructions you can post? They say 20 minutes but it looks a bit more involved, more so then a sb for sure.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:33 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by D33ZNUT5' post='1063131' date='Nov 26 2009, 08:27 AM
Do you have any install instructions you can post? They say 20 minutes but it looks a bit more involved, more so then a sb for sure.
via the burgertuning.com support page ( http://burgertuning.com/support.html )

http://burgertuning.com/instructions/powerbox.pdf
Old 11-26-2009, 07:37 AM
Members

I don't have the installation menu. The dealer's version was just 1 piece of paper with 5 lines of instructions as to which wires to pry out and plug in. 3 wires to be exact. The labour portion is indeed straighforward but the risk is high. Cause its messing with the ECU. a wrong wire could have unimaginable consequences.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:38 AM
Members

Sorry not 3 wires, more but 3 functions I guess.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

both Terry @ BMS and Mike@N54tuning are easy to get a hold via email and very helpful......
Old 01-13-2010, 02:47 AM
Members

Originally Posted by vegadonovan' post='1063103' date='Nov 26 2009, 11:52 PM
Yes I did it to my 523 last week.

See my review of it below:

Ok I just went out alone and you know what that means....

I have had my experience with STIs and their crazy 500nm of torque which I understand what is power.

So here's the down to earth 2nd and final review:

Yes the power range is throughout and even.

from 0- 2500, the throttle booster feature gives you a quick pick up and you get a torque peak at 2500rpm if you drive normally. Quite nice for a daily drive, no longer slow to pickup and when you are up to speed, someone cut in in front of you and you can see his/head turning to the passenger saying " slow fart". haha

Gun down the throttle and yes it felt better. 10% or 15 plus minus Hp won't give you the seat belt lock but yes its there. Refer to the other's dyno chart for reference.

Summary:

Good overall drive feel:
1) graceful power and response
2) the SB feature is natural and not viscious like 3rd gear into 1st gear
3) torque? yes 10% thereabouts but evenly spreadout. cheap ? yes
4) any change in exhaust rumble..... not that I noticesd. why am I saying this? because I thought it would create an even nicer rumble to my I6 stock exos.
5) would I sell it tomorrow ? no unless I need that amount to pay for the installment of the car.
6) any bugs yet? like 0 throttle response? not yet still observing.
7) yes i rather have this instead of the remus exos I have been eyeing now. oh god coming to think of it, a nice rumble that sounds like v8 would be so delicious.....

And that's all, its cheap if you have a X23 (and detuned whatever) who would like to close the gap between your same engine nemesis if you know what I mean. hell ya.

Enjoy! it won't break your wallet.

Thanks!
Hey Bro. Nice gadget.

I just bought one too. May i know which setting do u set it to?

Btw how do u keep track which setting you're on?

Cheers
Old 01-13-2010, 03:47 AM
Members

Originally Posted by audi888' post='1089646' date='Jan 13 2010, 07:47 AM
Hey Bro. Nice gadget.

I just bought one too. May i know which setting do u set it to?

Btw how do u keep track which setting you're on?

Cheers
Hey, It's been a while since I have been using it. Map 3 is the " power + SB" setting and I have been using this since day 1. After 1 month, I still find it a must have except for 1 glitch which I found out. It forgets its setting overnight. I have to reset it in the morning everyday it seems. So I made it a point to reset it when I start the car. Its very obvious as the SB feature is not there when you move off. And yes the additional torque is indeed needed as the difference when ferrying people is obvious.

Enjoy it like I do. I don't find the need to floor the throttle now. Car is a lot more enjoyable now.

+)