E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Anyone got the after market LED taillights, I need a part from it

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 01:27 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Anyone out there bought the aftermarket LED taillights that are available all over, including eBay. I'm not talking about the new LCI ones but the ones that were released last year which converted the taillight and brake lights to LEDs.
I'm actually looking for one that I can study. Actually I'm not even after the whole light simply a part of it but wont complain if you send one complete light to me. If you can post it to me that will be great. I'll study it and return it back. It seems that they managed to resolve the strobing for LEDs in that light and I just need to know how.
PM me if you can and then I'll give you my address.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:16 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bruce, sorry to hijack your thread but does BMW has a release date for the retrofit kit yet?
Old 07-19-2007, 10:32 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='449892' date='Jul 19 2007, 02:27 PM
Anyone out there bought the aftermarket LED taillights that are available all over, including eBay. I'm not talking about the new LCI ones but the ones that were released last year which converted the taillight and brake lights to LEDs.
I'm actually looking for one that I can study. Actually I'm not even after the whole light simply a part of it but wont complain if you send one complete light to me. If you can post it to me that will be great. I'll study it and return it back. It seems that they managed to resolve the strobing for LEDs in that light and I just need to know how.

Anyone that can help bruce is very much appreciated
Old 07-19-2007, 11:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

Originally Posted by Wiu-Bimmer' post='449921' date='Jul 19 2007, 11:16 PM
Bruce, sorry to hijack your thread but does BMW has a release date for the retrofit kit yet?
No. But see this http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=42133
Old 07-19-2007, 11:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='449892' date='Jul 20 2007, 05:27 AM
I have these light on my car now.
is it the black box that you what I can ask for you which part you what.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:14 AM
Contributors

See http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=attach...st&id=43038

I'm actually after the parts marked with the red and blue lines. More importantly the RED line.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:33 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='450293' date='Jul 21 2007, 02:14 AM
See http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=attach...st&id=43038

I'm actually after the parts marked with the red and blue lines. More importantly the RED line.
my not the same as this 1 it has only 1 box not 2 like the 1 you show
Old 07-21-2007, 12:34 AM
Contributors

In that case the RED line circuit may actually be either inside the single black box that you have or even inside the light itself. But if you too are not getting the strobing then there must be some circuit somewhere that is stopping it.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:43 AM
Contributors

Anyone?

I'm even willing to buy one of these sets second hand or if someone can lend me one for a while.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:26 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='450926' date='Jul 23 2007, 03:43 AM
Anyone?

I'm even willing to buy one of these sets second hand or if someone can lend me one for a while.
I think itis going to be hard to get a 2nd hand 1 cos it only been out for about a year or so

Quick Reply: Anyone got the after market LED taillights, I need a part from it