E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

anybody know what this is?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 04:17 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i Sport 6 speed Manual

i've been corresponding with BSW to understand how their new pnp amp will interface with the non logic7 sound system. i took my car apart to take a look around and locate wire colors according to the diagrams from WDS. i found a component near the sub amp and have no idea what its for.

attached is a pic from WDS. does anybody know what the component is? it looks like an amp, but the diagram shows the interior speakers are driven by the head unit. i know the small one is the sub amp. i laughed when i first saw it...didn't expect it to be so tiny! i've been up and down the WDS site and cannot find any reference to it.

how about that G402 component, WDS says its an aux battery. anyone know what that does as well?

anybody???

thanks
anybody know what this is?-bsw.jpg
Old 02-10-2010, 08:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

I believe that is the bluetooth module
Old 02-10-2010, 11:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

yep that's the bluetooth TCU module.