E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Any Videos on LCI 535 Angel Eyes Install?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 05:13 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2009 535i xDrive; Black Sapphire Metallic; Premium, Cold Weather Packages, Navi, PDC, 20% Solargard Tint

So I've done the Roundels... The videos made it look really easy, then when I ended up doing it it was way harder..

So tonight/tomorrow interior lights and and Angel Eyes, any videos on easy installs? I saw one Pre-LCI youtube, but not much else on the e60.

Any rec's on sources? I'd like to avoid any struggles (that I ran into earlier).
Old 06-03-2012, 05:51 PM
Members

My Ride: 2009 BMW 528i Space Gray | Premium Package | Sports Package | Navigation

Taking out the headlights is a bitch!
Old 06-03-2012, 06:57 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

It's the same as pre-LCI. It just takes experience. I can literally take out both headlights in 5 minutes, but that's because I have done so much work with them.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:00 PM
Members

My Ride: 2009 535i xDrive; Black Sapphire Metallic; Premium, Cold Weather Packages, Navi, PDC, 20% Solargard Tint

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
It's the same as pre-LCI. It just takes experience. I can literally take out both headlights in 5 minutes, but that's because I have done so much work with them.

Sooooo, I'm screwed... I'll update you tomorrow.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:05 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Originally Posted by Roy7
So I've done the Roundels... The videos made it look really easy, then when I ended up doing it it was way harder..

So tonight/tomorrow interior lights and and Angel Eyes, any videos on easy installs? I saw one Pre-LCI youtube, but not much else on the e60.

Any rec's on sources? I'd like to avoid any struggles (that I ran into earlier).
You shouldn't need to take the headlights out to just change out your AE bulbs. I have included the instructions that came with the Lux H8 V3 AE bulbs that I installed last month in my car. It's really easy to do.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
LUX_H8_Install_E60_LCI.pdf (776.4 KB, 124 views)
Old 06-03-2012, 08:30 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Booyaazaa
You shouldn't need to take the headlights out to just change out your AE bulbs. I have included the instructions that came with the Lux H8 V3 AE bulbs that I installed last month in my car. It's really easy to do.
need more info on what you are trying to install.. HID kit? Bulbs?
Old 06-03-2012, 08:31 PM
Members

That's strange, the instructions I've got for mine require taking out the headlamps to get access to the bulbs... why the discrepancy?

I'm installing the Angel Eyes Ice VXX from Umnitza, on a 2009 535xi w/HID lamps.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:34 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 535i manual Monaco Blue-Sport Package-Cold Weather Package-Premium Package-Heated Rear Seats-PDC-Ipod Connectivity
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Roy7
That's strange, the instructions I've got for mine require taking out the headlamps to get access to the bulbs... why the discrepancy?

I'm installing the Angel Eyes Ice VXX from Umnitza, on a 2009 535xi w/HID lamps.
I have the Ice VXX - you don't need to remove the headlights.

You can access the angel eye bulb behind the large cover and swap it in with the headlights still in place. You will have to possibly adjust the base to get the best light. Easiest way is to keep turning the bulb to see where it looks the best and then adjust the base accordingly (screws in the back).
Old 06-04-2012, 07:42 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Dude forget that. It's so much easier taking out the headlights to do it. You will end up scuffing your hands and tearing skin and wondering why you're doing what you're doing. Unless you have super small hands, slender but damn strong fingers, it's a damn challenge to do it without taking the headlights out. There's a reason myself and shops I know take out the headlights to do anything to it. The pain is not worth it.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:43 AM
Members

Just finished. Took me about 2-3 hours, (2 hours for the first, 30 minutes for the second).

I took out the Headlight enclosure (as per Umnitza's rec), and then it was easy.

The reason why it was challenging at first, is that in the 2008/09 LCI, there is this orange Angel Eye lightbulb enclosure, that was not shown in the instructions. Now the first time, I just took that entire enclosure out (which was a bitch to get out), and then switched out the bulb.

On the second one, I left the enclosure in and just switched out the bulb, and it went much more smoothly.

Once you switch the bulb, then you twist the bulb (in the enclosure) to get the optimal light setting.

The important part regarding removing the overall headlight enclosure, is that you have to first pull it towards you (if you are standing in front of the headlight), and then pull the light laterally (towards the side), to get the entire headlamp enclosure out. Once that's been done you're good.

Once the headlamp enclosure is out, you're great.

In retrospect, I may not have had to actually remove the entire headlight, but it would have been much more challenging to remove twist the light bulb out, as well as the the cap. It worked out either way.

Thanks to the guys at Umnitza (I called them a couple times for help).

Quick Reply: Any Videos on LCI 535 Angel Eyes Install?