E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Anxiously Waiting for my KSports

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 08:44 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '05 545i SMG, 35% Tint, LED Angel Eyes

Just took a couple of pix after fitting it with some spacers. All ready to go LOW with the KSports. A close up of the rear diffuser in matte black is also included. Let me know what you guys think.

Michael,
Do you have an ETA on those bad boys?
Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Anxiously Waiting for my KSports-img_0065.jpg   Anxiously Waiting for my KSports-img_0067.jpg  
Old 05-18-2010, 08:49 AM
Contributors

Love it! Looks very clean and sporty.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:07 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Congrats,if you need any help with the install let me know. You're going to love em, they completely transform your car. I have them for more than a week now, they settled 1/4 inch in the front and about 1/8 inch in the rear. The driving feel is terrific, more feedback without being harsh, and the handling is waaaaaay better.
Your car already looks great BTW
Old 05-18-2010, 09:08 AM
Contributors

It's well worth the wait.. I've clocked maybe 200 miles so far and the drive has been fun. I may play around with the dampening more to tweak it just to my tastes, but so far so good. I asked my GF last night when we were driving out for dinner if she felt any difference in the ride and she said no, but then she's comparing the ride to her month old 2010 A4 B8 Quattro which is definitely a softer ride. She think's BMW's all drive "stiffer" which I do agree in a way.

Your car is looking good though. I just noticed we basically have the same car, 545, SMG, Mtec, black diffuser etc and soon Ksports as well haha.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:13 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi
It's well worth the wait.. I've clocked maybe 200 miles so far and the drive has been fun. I may play around with the dampening more to tweak it just to my tastes, but so far so good. I asked my GF last night when we were driving out for dinner if she felt any difference in the ride and she said no, but then she's comparing the ride to her month old 2010 A4 B8 Quattro which is definitely a softer ride. She think's BMW's all drive "stiffer" which I do agree in a way.

Your car is looking good though. I just noticed we basically have the same car, 545, SMG, Mtec, black diffuser etc and soon Ksports as well haha.
I agree bro, I still need to play with the stiffness some, I want it a little stiffer. That is one of the great things about it - I have that option. I also may drop the front a little more, close the slight gap
Old 05-18-2010, 09:14 AM
Contributors

FYI, if you have never changed your suspension on the E60 before make sure you have WD40 or something similar to help loosen the bolts. You will also need a torx screw to help remove the bolt near the endlinks on the rears which John said he didn't need to do for his 530.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:18 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pjinca
Congrats,if you need any help with the install let me know. You're going to love em, they completely transform your car. I have them for more than a week now, they settled 1/4 inch in the front and about 1/8 inch in the rear. The driving feel is terrific, more feedback without being harsh, and the handling is waaaaaay better.
Your car already looks great BTW
Hey John,
I will definitely take you up on the offer! Pizza & beer!!
I too have to put new pads on the rear brakes just like Melvin did. LOL. I am going to pick up a set of Hawk pads from Michael when I pick up the KSports. Will let ya know as soon as Michael give me the good news!! Thanks again.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:21 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca
I agree bro, I still need to play with the stiffness some, I want it a little stiffer. That is one of the great things about it - I have that option. I also may drop the front a little more, close the slight gap

That would look siiick. Ya, it's definitely refreshing to know you can adjust the height without having to change the actual suspension.

I still can't believe how comfortable your car rode with the Ksports and 20" wheels. Totally changed my perception about having 20" wheels and the adverse affects I thought it would have on ride comfort.

Right when I thought I had my wheel whoring tendencies on check for the time being...
Old 05-18-2010, 09:22 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi
FYI, if you have never changed your suspension on the E60 before make sure you have WD40 or something similar to help loosen the bolts. You will also need a torx screw to help remove the bolt near the endlinks on the rears which John said he didn't need to do for his 530.

Thanks for the tip Melvin. You are welcome to join John and I on the install if you can swing it. I don't know if you have seen my M5 gear knob mod but I think you may like it!
Old 05-18-2010, 09:41 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by toyota2bmw
Thanks for the tip Melvin. You are welcome to join John and I on the install if you can swing it. I don't know if you have seen my M5 gear knob mod but I think you may like it!
Hm.. M5 gear knob sounds sexy. I would definitely love to check that out. As long as you guys don't plan on doing the install this coming weekend I'll be there.

Quick Reply: Anxiously Waiting for my KSports