E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Another m5 front bumper ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 07:03 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i

What are ur guys thoughts on this idea?? I just got my mtech front bumper installed but cant stop thinking about this whole retro fit m5 bumper. And i know from what ive read it seems that the debate on whether it will fit non m5 fenders will never be settled. I also understand that alot of you dont approve of the m5 fenders because the vents are so distinguishable of an m5(which i agree w/)......so i was thinking about getting the whole set up, fenders and bumper, but having the fenders fabricated to cover the holes for the side vents, leaving me with no fitment problems. So in the end ill have a perfectly fited m5 bumper on what seems to be to the untrained stock fenders, but to the trained eye a much more aggressive front end . What do u guys think??
Old 10-26-2006, 09:07 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The beauty of the side fender is the grille. Just replace M5 logo with something else and you're fine.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:58 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Look at this thread and check with rpav to see if he had to get the M5 fenders because the stock E60 fenders wouldn't accommodate the M5 front bumper. Or if just got it because he wanted the whole M5 conversion.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=30685&st=0

I've read somewhere on here that the M5 front bumper will fit the stock fenders. Hopefully someone else can weigh in.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:40 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i

Originally Posted by bstandardz' post='349036' date='Oct 26 2006, 10:03 AM
What are ur guys thoughts on this idea?? I just got my mtech front bumper installed but cant stop thinking about this whole retro fit m5 bumper. And i know from what ive read it seems that the debate on whether it will fit non m5 fenders will never be settled. I also understand that alot of you dont approve of the m5 fenders because the vents are so distinguishable of an m5(which i agree w/)......so i was thinking about getting the whole set up, fenders and bumper, but having the fenders fabricated to cover the holes for the side vents, leaving me with no fitment problems. So in the end ill have a perfectly fited m5 bumper on what seems to be to the untrained stock fenders, but to the trained eye a much more aggressive front end . What do u guys think??
whats up buddy! i have done the conversion on my 545i to the M5 bumper. holmes body shop in riverside did the paint and install. i dont think you would have any problems installing the front bumper to your fenders. just take it down to holmes and let them do the work. they do all the repairs for BMW of Riverside so they are experts with BMW's. i bought the bumper from quad_m. he is a member here. great prices and fast delivery. once i received the bumper from him i dropped it off at holmes. when they were finished painting it they called me to come down. i left the car for a couple of hours and picked it up the same day!!