E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Angel Eyes Pre-LCI Halogen

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 12:48 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 530i 04
Lightbulb Angel Eyes Pre-LCI Halogen

Hello, I know there have been many threads regarding this issue, however there isn't much that helps those who got pre-lci halogen bulbs - worst combo possible. Since none of the bulbs actually make AY look decent during the day i was wondering if anyone has actually baked their lights, cut the rings out and chucked some new ones in???
I know umniza makes some V2 orion things that cost like $300 which is ridiculous when u can get a decent pair for E46 for around $60.

So my question again - has anyone found a way and product to replace the entire angel eye ring with some LED or CCFL ones on a pre-LCI E60 with halogens?

Thanx)))
Any help would be appreciated)

PS. looking for a budget option )))
Old 11-15-2014, 01:27 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 530Xi
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by Sample011
Hello, I know there have been many threads regarding this issue, however there isn't much that helps those who got pre-lci halogen bulbs - worst combo possible. Since none of the bulbs actually make AY look decent during the day i was wondering if anyone has actually baked their lights, cut the rings out and chucked some new ones in???
I know umniza makes some V2 orion things that cost like $300 which is ridiculous when u can get a decent pair for E46 for around $60.

So my question again - has anyone found a way and product to replace the entire angel eye ring with some LED or CCFL ones on a pre-LCI E60 with halogens?

Thanx)))

You can't bake these lights. The only way to mod these lights are to cut their lense open. There are few of this mod on this site if you do some deeper search. There are no other cheaper way around it. If there is, I'd know, been following these for years, but have it find the courage to cut them up. Good luck.
Old 11-15-2014, 04:48 PM
New Members

My Ride: bmw

Thanx)))

All the answers are here, you just need to use the search bar.
Originally Posted by quanger
The only way to mod these lights are to cut their lense open.
Not true, if you have a heat gun and an afternoon to kill you can open them up that way. It takes much longer and it's a bit tricky to get back in. I've seen it done, there are a couple youtube vids and a friend of mine used the heat gun method as well.
Old 11-15-2014, 05:35 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by justalilbit
All the answers are here, you just need to use the search bar.

Not true, if you have a heat gun and an afternoon to kill you can open them up that way. It takes much longer and it's a bit tricky to get back in. I've seen it done, there are a couple youtube vids and a friend of mine used the heat gun method as well.
Yes, I have seen that video too. it is a bit tricky and time consuming, then why not just cut the lenses and reseal them like most of the DIY on here. The heat gun method could work, but there is a chance you break or crack the lens and or damage the casing.
Old 11-15-2014, 07:36 PM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60
Engine: na

Search button here is shit, half these old links are encrypted and most deleted/unable to go through.
Old 11-15-2014, 10:25 PM
New Members

My Ride: bmw

Originally Posted by quanger
Yes, I have seen that video too. it is a bit tricky and time consuming, then why not just cut the lenses and reseal them like most of the DIY on here. The heat gun method could work, but there is a chance you break or crack the lens and or damage the casing.
Yeah, personally I'd choose the cutting method, but the heat gun is a viable alternative for people without steady hands. You're right, cracking the lens is a big risk though.
Originally Posted by BesE60
Search button here is shit, half these old links are encrypted and most deleted/unable to go through.
Really? I haven't encountered that problem.

Well I guess to help the OP out a bit, halogen models are actually quite fortunate in that the majority of aftermarket headlight assemblies will only fit halogen models and not factory xenon models (if somebody knows of one for xenons, I'll beg for the info!). Some of them, like the Depo and Umnitza ones, have the option of LED angel eyes. There are CCFL ones out there as well, though I can't comment on their quality. A google search "bmw e60 headlights" will give you the results. Personally I wish I could just buy a pair of headlights with orions pre installed, but I have ADH bi xenons. My only option is to cut it open myself :S

Last edited by justalilbit; 11-15-2014 at 10:32 PM.
Old 11-15-2014, 11:25 PM
New Members

My Ride: BMW E60 530i 04

I have no problem with cutting them, Ive got time. But I can't find any other "rings" other than umnitzas, I've actually searched for 3-4 days, unless I am actually a special needs child there doesn't seem to be many, because all searches come back with a replacement bulb rather than actual rings. If anyone could recommend something other than umnitzas that would be very helpful, as I said I have no problem with cutting them just can't find what to actually put in there.

Thx for your responses.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:48 AM
Members
Senior Members

I have no problem with cutting them, Ive got time. But I can't find any other "rings" other than umnitzas, I've actually searched for 3-4 days, unless I am actually a special needs child there doesn't seem to be many, because all searches come back with a replacement bulb rather than actual rings. If anyone could recommend something other than umnitzas that would be very helpful, as I said I have no problem with cutting them just can't find what to actually put in there.

Thx for your responses.
Well, there are ccfl out there that you can get for a cheaper price than Umnitza's. But ccfl are not as reliable as LED's. So if you already going as far as cutting them apart, why don't you just get the LED set like most of the folks on here are using. I'm a budget friendly guy too, and those lights are not that cheap to play with. I think I saw other LED sets beside Umnitza's. But since you already did your researching, the you should know that Umnitza's set has been tested by the folks in this forum. Unless you can find a different route that are better, than share with us.